Lesson #3: You must be concerned

How to Fall in Love

"I can lead you to the fortress." Sungyeol gave Se Na an assuring smile, so the two walked to his huge library underground.

"You know, Se Na, I have two houses but only one home. It is the Crystal Fortress. A fortress that WAS ruled by Queen Lu Na and an unknown king." Sungyeol started to tell Se Na as they sat on a big sofa. Se Na's bored face turned to curious.

"Centuries ago, in the terrace of their fortress, under the moonlight, she sculpted a very beautiful hand mirror. On the day of her coronation, seven men gifted her seven pearls from seven different realms." Sungyeol added.

"Sungyeol-ssi, Queen Lu Na must have been pretty. But how do you know those things? As if you have lived in their world." Se Na tested his credibility.

"Let's just say I know it. Back to the story, When she was staring at herself through the mirror, the moonlight turned strange. It was reflectted by the mirror and the light bounced to the queen's face. She looked into the mirror and a blinding ray of moonlight trapped the queen inside. After that, she was no-where to be seen." Sungyeol told the sad story to Se Na.

"And we must find Lu Na's mirror before sunset. We must look for Lee Sungjong, right?" Se Na ordered Sungyeol.

"Nae. Then we must hurry." Sungyeol took a golden key in between the pages of his book. 

"Are you ready? Let's go!" He shouted as he closed his eyes and both of them went inside the key. It was amazing at first for Se Na, but she did not look well.


In Se Na's house

"Sun Yae! Help me bake these muffins." Mrs. Lee called Sun Yae to help her.

"Omma, I'm tired!" He complained.

"Aniyo! If you don't want to help me, then find your sister." She ordered.

"Omma. Unnie is busy. She's a popular student and the vice president of the student council, so she must be busy with serving her school." He told her.

"Reasons! Reasons! Reasons! Your mouth is full of reasons. You just need to give me the things I need, so I can bake it already." She ordered him again.

"Arasseo. Arasseo. The whisk, right?" He put out the spatula, which he was mistaken as a whisk.


In the key

"Wow! Sungyeol-ssi, this world is amazing! Is it distant from Earth?" Se Na asked him while walking on the rocky path to the fortress.

"Aniyo. There is an unknown land near Korea, which cannot be seen by normal people. But long time ago, there were people here. They despised magic and those who use it. Those people, who have mistaken the magic users as fairies, vampires and witches, were not able to enter the barrier that surrounds the fortress." He told her as they entered the giant gate to the fortress.

"Why would they? Why aren't they able to enter the fortress?" Se Na asked.

"A long time ago, there was a mother. She was an elemental. People knew about her power, so she was severely murdered by them. It was already midnight, when she heard people coming towards her house. She let her two children escaped, but she was left alone. She wasn't able to protect herself because she was already pierced by forks from behind." Sungyeol told the sad story.

"The two children, what happened to them?" Se Na asked.

"I said they escaped. I don't know a few more details." He confessed.

The two walked underground and saw big field full of beautiful crystals. 

"Be careful Se Na, the father  we go, the crystals get sharper. Above this crystal field is the terrace, where Queen Lu Na died." Sungyeol toured her.

When they got iin the castle, there was a hand mirror covered by a glass coffin.

"This must be the queen's mirror." Se Na said as she opened the coffin and took the mirror.

When they looked at the mirror, a light striked its glass. Se Na accidentally slammed it on the table. it revealed a young man with pink hair. 

"Annyeonghaseyo~ Lee Sungjong-imnida. After centuries, I can see it again. The beauty of the outside world." Sungjong introduced with enthusiasm.

"Annyeong~ I'm Se Na and he's Sungyeol. Arasseo?" Se Na greeted. 

"Yes, Ma'am!" Sungjong shouted cheerfully.

"But how did you get in there?" Sungyeol asked him.

"When I was taking a stroll in the crystal field, I saw this hand mirror. It glimmed and asked me my wish. So I told that I want to be an alchemist. Of course I became great, but one day, when I was mixing chemicals, the moonlight was reflected to the mirror and I cannot see anything. I accidentlly tripped on a crystal, which was odd because I have no crystals in my laboratory. A flask fell on me and my hair turned pink. So I looked into the mirror if it's good or not on me. But I was trapped." Sungjong told them his story.

Night time dropped

"Sungyeol-ssi. We must go home now. Omma must be worrying about me." Se Na tugged Sungyeol's shirt.

"Se Na, because of the magic of the barrier, two days here is one second there. Don't worry. We must still investigate, what happened to Lu Na and Sungjong." Sungyeol informed her, which was a relief for her.

Se Na walked in the hallway and saw a woman in white, flowing gown with a white ring on her index finger.

"Se Na, follow me." The woman with an alluring voice told Se Na, so she followed her.

"Se Na, you must look into the past. I give you my mask, so you would be able to look into it." The woman put it on her face. 

Se Na's POV

As the woman put her mask on me, she disappeared into a mist.

As I look in the terrace, I saw a young woman, which might be the queen making a mirror.

"These stones are pretty! Let me add this to you." The woman decorated the hand mirror. She put it at the sides of her mirror. 

The light of the moon was strange because it was getting dimmer, then it unleashed a dazzling ray of light into the mirror, which reflected on her. But how did that happen? A moonlight cannot be dim nor can flash a blinding light. The light must have blinded her. But what happened next?

End of POV


"Se Na-ssi! Se Na-ssi! Wake up!" Sungyeol slapped her hardly to wake her up. This woke her up.

"Waeyo? Why am I here?" Se Na asked.

"Why are YOU sleeping at the corridor? You can sleep on the bed." He told her.

"I saw a lady in white. The queen. She made me follow her and gave me a mask. I saw everything." Se Na told him.

She ran to the terrace, so he followed her.

"What's... Oh yeah. The queen died here." Sungyeol realized.

Se Na looked down and saw many crystals down there. Her face turned from curiosity to fear and shock.


Annyeong~ Readers! What did Se Na see under the terrace? What will happen next? Please comment your suggestions or your reactions. Thank you Teen-Kiss, for subscribing. Please continue to support this story until the end. Share your thoughts! Thank you, again!

                                                                                                                                                                                     ~Chow