#6! We learn that Namjoon is oblivious and so is Rose

Boys In Luv

"We have to do this," Namjoon says, looking that way that always pisses me off because he knows I know he's right.

I cross my arms. I refuse to agree immediately. I was in charge of this group. For now. "They're teaching him that he has no reason to be cocky. Yet," I pointed out. "I cannot show favoritism or they'll gobble me up."

Namjoon tips his head back and releases a heart-heavy sigh. "Did you drink no mercy from your mother's ?"

I stood, feet apart, fists clenched, lip lifted for a snarl. Namjoon wasn't one to bring up who my mother was. He must really want me to intervene. "Fine, but if they beat him up again because I have stepped in, that's on your conscious." 

That's how Jimin was initiated into the group. Mysteriously, the four members that beat up Jimin abandoned us and were never seen again. I think Namjoon deliberately pretends not to know this fact. Convenient. But that's Namjoon for you. Only capable of seeing the good in people. That's why I kept him around. 

There was a brief time, an unfortunate occurrence of raging hormones, when I considered Namjoon someone I could be with. There were concepts I could only talk about with him. Jin was my second in command but Namjoon was my right hand. He knew some of my darkest fears because his were the same. It was only natural that I started to see him in a different light. 

"You know, sometimes I just stare at a random person, watch them walk home, and try to fill in the gaps of their lives. Where they work and who they are rushing home to and everytime it's this perfect little life. Yet I know I can never leave this to have a normal life because we are the only two people making sure that no one fully crosses that line into darkness." 

His ability to say those words and look into my eyes always made me believe that he was attracted to the good of me. Not in a ual way, but a spiritual one. Like our souls were one of the same kind, like they flocked to one another. I was such a little romantic. But Namjoon never saw it that way and I never pushed for it. And so we only stayed friends. 

Namjoon become RapMon. He proved his worth to the gang with some pretty well planned annihilation of rival gangs and he was given a squad of his own. That was how Suga and Jhope found our group, joined with RapMon. Somehow my sister figured they would work well. She was right. 

Then when V later insisted to be involved in that part of my life and I begged Jin to help me prove to my family that I could be everything they wanted me to be, our small group came together as well. We all came together to cover new ground that RapMon's removal of rival gangs created and that's when our gang was born. 

"So, here's something I'd like to know. Personally," Suga lied on his back on a pool table, aiming with the cue with one eye closed. "Since you're, like, the heir, does this mean you have to marry some rival group's leader's son?"

"How in the world is that relevant to anything we are doing?" Jin demanded, face scrunched up in derision. 

"I don't think her sister will let her marry anyone normal," V said, perched at the bar on the high stool. 

"Why are we even discussing this?" I demand indignantly. Being the only girl can be really rough. 

"She's going to marry me," Suga suddenly announced. He stood up and I rolled my eyes. He smirked and said, "You better reserve your fourth finger for me, Rose!"

"Suga and Rose, they were quite the couple. Fancied each other and now they're together like a puzzle. No can separate that love they own. Cept for Rose, when Suga's cover is blown." RapMon grinned satisfactorily, having adlibbed and proved how he got his nickname RapMon. Jhope continued the adlib, playing with words and Suga ran after him after Jhope implied Suga just wanted a handful of my s. 

"Look what you started," I nudged RapMon in the ribs. 

Instead of looking apologetic, he looked more like a proud dad. "Laughter and teasing bring a group together. We will make this work," RapMon assured me. 

"And when it doesn't work?" I challenged him.

"Then I'll be there to pick up the pieces." This time Namjoon assured rather than RapMon. I felt good about that reassurance. If only I had known he wouldn't be enough.