#1! In which the characters get introduced but you leave with more questions

Boys In Luv

I had every right to be in a bad mood. I got yelled at by my lazy- boss. I had to endure an hour long phone call while a customer rambled off any possible family tree connection that would make them seem important. The best part was where I didn’t have any utensils to eat my lunch with. In short, it had been one hell of a day.

Instead of walking tersely down the road, I was enjoying the cool night air. The city was awash with it’s typical flashing lights and I liked to pretend it was all dress up for me. That customer wasn’t the only one that liked to feel like they were important.

“Now, what do we have here, boys?” An intimidating blonde-haired guy stepped from the shadows.

“A girl walking home,” I replied tonelessly.

“A girl by herself,” A solemn man clarified.

“Oh, I’m not by myself any longer,” I flashed a friendly smile.

“It’s not safe at night by yourself, though,” smirked another, eyeing me up and down.

“Safe?” I pondered the word, “We all die. It’s just a matter of time,” I shrugged.

“You know, for a girl, you’re awfully courageous,” started a boy, more curious than threatening.

“There’s a very good reason for that,” I played with the straps of my purse.

“I like secrets,” another smiled at me, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

“You have to be extra special to know my secrets,” I stated a-matter-of-factly.

The boldest of all of them approached me. He walked towards and I allowed him to back me up against a wall. I stuck my chin out defiantly but he didn’t like that. He slammed his hand and blocked my escape with both arms. “I’m extra special,” he said carefully.

“Come on, stop acting crazy,” The last boy pulled the bold one away from me.

I straightened my jacket, “It’s fine V. I’m used to Suga’s antics.”

Suga frowned at me, “That’s not what you said last night.”

When several of the boys hooted, Suga broke into a sweet smile. “Seriously, why are you keeping secrets from me?”

“The secret,” I looked around to make sure the coast was clear. I crooked my fore finger. Suga leaned in, eyes bright. I moved my mouth near his ear. “…is revenge.”

Suga move back, utterly confused, “Revenge?”

“Revenge,” I nodded, grinning. I aimed a kick to the for J-hope. I smacked Rap Mon upside the head. Jimin ran away with Jungkook, so I settled on grabbing Suga and Jin’s ears. “What are you doing? Trying to scare me out of my wits?!”

Jin winced, “You always come home this way.”

I tugged harshly on Suga’s ear and he cried out. “For what reason did I receive the pleasure of your attention?”

J-hope rubbed his bottom, “We hadn’t seen you in a while.”

“Why didn’t V get hit?” Rap Mon fussed over his hair.

“Because V is my favorite,” I announced and blew V a kiss.

“Where have you been?” Jungkook asked.

I finally released Jin and Suga. “I’ve been working. That’s what adults do for fun.”

“Sounds boring,” Jimin daintily yawned.

“Twenty questions is over now? I can go home?” I scowled at all seven boys.

“Don’t go home,” Jin pleased, “It’s been tedious without you around.”

Now I rolled my eyes, “Come on, who needs me when the seven of you find it plenty teasy to get into trouble.”

“It’s not as fun when you’re not there to get us out of said trouble though,” J-hope inserted.

I rubbed my temples, praying for some patience. “I’ve had a long day, boys. I don’t have time to entertain you.”

“What kind of bad day?” V wondered. His sneaky hands instantly found the new kinks in my shoulders.

I let my guard down and that was my first mistake, “My boss is an .”

“, as in, coping a feel?” Suga asked. His voice was blasé and he was picking his nails. I was so focused on V’s amazing massage that my second mistake was not picking up that Suga’s blasé tone meant he was angry.

“Do you really think—oh V yes right there—that I would let someone—My god, how are you that good?—slap my ?”

“Who said anything about spanking?” Rap Mon raised an eyebrow, his dimples showing.

“Shut it. He’s just stupid and doesn’t realize that I do most of the work and when something doesn’t get done, he blames me.” V has stopped digging into my muscles now. Actually, everyone was quiet. Jin’s hand was in his pocket where I knew he kept his knife and Jimin was cracking his knuckles menacingly. “Wait no!” I said sternly. “Don’t even think about it.”

“A little chat wouldn’t hurt,” J-hope said joyfully.

I crossed my arms under my chest. “The last time you “talked” to someone, Rap Mon held him over a bridge with traffic whizzing under him and Jungkook poked him with a pool cue while Suga set out his terms.”

Suga looked quite pleased, “That was a good talk.”

“Stopped cheating on you didn’t he?” Jin said unobtrusively.

“Stopped talking to me period. I never saw him again is more like it,” I huffed. “No threatening my boss, got it?”

“Why don’t we compromise? Hang out with us tonight and we’ll leave your boss alone,” Suga suggested.

I sent Rap Mon a pleading look but he raised his hands to say ‘can’t help you here’, looking as happy as a pig in . I knew he didn’t attempt to control Suga.

Jungkook realized I was crumbling. “Come on! It’s been a long time since we had fun. We’ll even buy some food! Steal a motorcycle, it’ll be great!”

I stared at my watch. I had enough time to get home, shower, eat and watch an episode of the drama I was behind on. On the other hand…I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the air I had been admiring. I had already felt like it was one of those nights. To deny my gut, I knew it was a bad idea.

“Alright. We’ll have some fun,” I relented. V and Suga danced silly-like in victory. “But no motorcycle stealing.” Jin groaned at my stipulation. “The last time Jimin was halfway to Busan before he lost the cops.”

“That’s because he was too busy showing off,” said J-hope.

Jimin pushed J-hope, “I was not.”

“So the story about pulling wheelies for some hotties in a Corvette…?” Rap Mon grinned at Jimin’s smirk then deer-caught-in-the-headlights look.

“What should we do?” Jungkook brought up.

“Food!” Suga practically jumped on me, bringing me under his arm. “Only the best for my girl.”

“Your girl?” I said, unimpressed with the title.

“Yeah,” Suga said more softly, “My girl.”

“She can be your girl for now but when we get back to her apartment she’ll be mine,” J-hope wriggled his eyebrows and I laughed.

“Tuesday night she can take me to dance class and be my girl,” Jimin joined in.

“Enough!” I shouted, “I belong to all of you. Let’s settle on that.”

Jimin ran ahead, V dashing off after him and soon the others all joined in on the crazy walking on high stone walls and shaking fences. They were rambunctious but they were good boys. Jin stayed behind and Suga at my side. He was still quiet.

I nudged him in the ribs, knowing him better than I think he knew. “What?”

Suga shook his head slowly. “It’s nothing. You know me, always thinking up crazy ideas.”

I let it go. “Well start thinking about food then. I’m starving.”

“Last one to the dduboki stand pays!” Jin shouted abruptly.

Suddenly, Suga was running, dragging me with him, the world streaming by and I thought to myself, was leaving these boys the craziest idea I had had?