Chapter V

School of Gods

Day two.

After such an interesting first day, each of the students were rather looking forward to attending the school again, anticipating some more funny interactions – not to mention that the classes weren’t exactly boring either. It was an all-around exciting experience. There was one student who had entered the class early, sorting out his books and just relaxing until the rest began to show up.

“You’re here pretty early.” Someone entered the classroom, hoping to seemingly be alone but apparently not. Kyungsoo moved forward and sat on the desk that was actually conveniently placed beside the other student.

The other shrugged.

“Just trying to limit my contact with everyone else…” Suho whispered, showing a small smile to his fellow student.

“Oh, sorry then.” Kyungsoo replied, now feeling a little guilty that he ruined the other’s plans this morning. But then again, he was having the exact same idea as Joonmyun – albeit it was probably for a much different reason. “Are… you talking about what happened with Minseok?” He wondered, feeling a little curious.

Suho looked up at the other and nodded.

“It’s a bit of a pain sometimes.” He whispered, looking down at his notebook in front of him. “It’s not because they like me but more-so… because of who I’m based off of.”

Kyungsoo just nodded slightly. It wasn’t like he could comfort the other when he knew it was the truth.

But that was just his personality.

Just like his was to be silent and rather moody.

Silence erupted in the classroom and both boys simply minded their own business for the moment. That is until students began filling the classroom just as the class was about to start.

Jongin was the first to enter, taking his seat beside Kyungsoo (on the other side), smiling away to himself rather happily.

“Kai!”

The boy looked up at the sound of his name and waved at the boy who had shouted him. Sehun quickly moved over to Jongin and shook his hand, both of them grinning at each other. Taking a seat at the table just in front of Kai, he turned around and pointed to the other’s arm.

“How’s the injury?” Sehun wondered but the other just shrugged his shoulders acting like nothing was wrong. “Right… You up for it again after today?” he asked, and Jongin’s eyes lit up.

“Damn right! Yesterday was kickass, and your dad is pretty good too with a bow and arrow.” The boy complimented.

“Yeah, who do you think taught me as a kid?” Sehun said, chuckling.

“Of course…”

Jongin smiled before taking out his notebook and a pencil. Then he noticed the rest of the students arriving.

“Any of you guys seen Chanyeol?” Baekhyun shouted to the rest of the students in the class, only gaining shaking heads as signs of ‘no’ and all he could do was pout. He was supposed to meet him at the entrance of the school five minutes ago, but the other didn’t show up. And he made Baekhyun look a little stupid for waiting there all this time. Perhaps he forgot. Although, that would certainly be a downer if he did. “You sure?” The boy asked again but he got the same response.

Sitting down at his table, he slumped forwards and placed his head on his arms and let out a deep sigh. And just when he thought they had become rather good friends all in the midst of a day.

The day before, he had brought Chanyeol over to his house. Even though he was still incredibly silent and nervous around his parents, they ended up playing simple video games and chatting lightly. But perhaps something went wrong that he didn’t realise.

Just as that thought crossed his head, Chanyeol entered through the door, panting hard with a red faced.

Baekhyun stood up and ran forward.

“What’s wrong?!” he asked, worried about the other’s appearance. Chanyeol took a deep breath before replying.

“I-… slept in.” Chanyeol panted.

Then Baekhyun realised that the other was staring rather apologetically towards him.

“Don’t worry about it Yeol.” He said, grinning and running back to his seat. The other was really adorable.

Registration was over quickly, and they all had a break. The day hadn’t really been eventful – much to everyone else’s dismay – but rather they all stayed quiet and focused on work. That is until it was weapon’s class again, and Chen couldn’t resist the urge to test something out that he had heard about after school yesterday.

Even though he was probably going to get in a hell of a lot of trouble for it. But, it was going to be worth it – he hoped.

Yup. He really hoped that the rumour was true otherwise.

Detention wasn’t going to be the place he was going to. It would probably be a jail cell.

Moving over to the weapon ranks, he took out a spear, testing it out at first before he was tapped on the shoulder. When he turned around he saw that it was their instruction and he let out a sigh of relief before laughing a little.

“What’s up teach?” he wondered.

“Still on the spear today? Don’t want to try something different?”

Chen shook his head and his eyes treaded to the weapon that he held in his hand. It was a graceful weapon, but also long, forceful and it looked rather powerful. Basically, it had the attributes that he himself longed for. The teacher walked away as he realised that the conversation had ended.

The tricksters held the spear tightly before looking around. Again, Baekhyun was sitting on the benches watching everyone.

Apparently he still wasn’t going to adhere to the rules.

And then his eyes lay on his target. The boy – who had not been present in yesterday’s class – was looking at all the weapons he could choose, but apparently he was feeling rather indecisive. Chen gripped the spear tightly in his right hand before leaning back a little, getting ready to launch the spear in his hand high and fast.

Praying to god that he was right.

Launching it hard, he watched carefully as his spear glided through the air with force before it landed exactly where he had hoped it would.

Straight through Lu Han’s back.

Why did he do this again? Chen’s face paled as he watched blood flow from the student’s mouth and he cursed himself for being so damn stupid.

He sprinted forward and removed the weapon immediately.

Lu Han fell forward, his eyes struck open as his body landed in Jongdae’s arms, the boy muttering numerous apologies as he stared at the wound that ran straight through his torso. There was a lot of blood. There was a lot of murmuring and Tao was the one that slid right beside Lu Han with a surprised expression on his face.

But then it all changed. Lu Han gasped for air before he managed to focus again and look at the wound in his stomach. Or where the wound was.

Skin was reattaching before there was only small hole in his clothing.

“Oh my god.” Chen whispered, staring at the white piece of skin where the hole was. Lu Han healed himself. “That’s pretty amazing.”

“Kim Jongdae!”

The instructor shouted loudly and grabbed Chen up by the back of his neck. Tao quickly caught onto Lu Han and looked at him carefully. But he seemed alright, just a bit shaken. Everyone else was staring at the trickster who had now decided that it was a very bad idea to do what he had just did.

“With me, now!” Chen was dragged out of the room quickly leaving the rest in astonishment at what had just happened.

Kris chuckled.

“At least it was exciting.”

Tao glared at the other before he helped Lu Han up. Both of them just couldn’t believe that Jongdae had physically attacked him. With a wound that would be fatal to anyone else but him.

“Are you okay?” Zitao asked, holding on to Lu Han’s arm.

“I-I’m fine.” The boy replied. He was still a little shocked from what had just happened. Everyone crowded around him again to make sure he was okay.

Everyone except one person.

Lay had quickly exited the hall and he followed the instructor and Chen.

He was curious as to why Chen attacked someone else. The boy entered the abandoned classroom as well and leaned against the doorway, watching as the teacher gave Chen an earful. Once the instructor was finished he left the room, leaving Yixing and Jongdae alone. The trickster, however, didn’t notice someone else in the room and simply sat on the table in silence.

Moving forward silently, he spoke first so he didn’t scare the other.

“Jongdae?”

The trickster turned his head to the other before giving a sly smile. Moving up, he walked over to Yixing and tilted his head a little.

“Aw, you come here to cheer me up?” He wondered, moving his hand up to the boy’s arm so he could trail his fingers over Yixing’s skin. The other shook his head and softly pushed the other’s hand away. “Aw, then what did you come here for?” Chen wondered.

“I wanted to know why you decided it was a good idea to impale Lu Han.” The way he said it made it sound like a heinous crime.

Which it would be if Lu Han didn’t have the miraculous ability to heal himself.

Jongdae sighed before he moved backwards, leaning against a table. Looking up at the ‘wise’ one, he shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t really know.” He whispered, folding his arms across his chest. “I mean, at first it was because I was curious to see if he was invulnerable.” Chen stood up and looked into Lay’s eyes. “But it was pretty stupid huh? Probably could’ve done something less than a spear through the torso.”

“You think?” Yixing said, staring dumbly at the other.

“Yeah…” Chen moved forward again and smiled. “He’s okay, right?”

“Yeah he’s fine. Everyone is just wondering why you decided to attack Lu Han all of a sudden.” The wisdom god said, moving around Chen to take a seat on one of the chairs. “You best apologise you know. And god knows the punishment you’re going to receive.”

The mischief maker groaned and nodded his head. Yeah, he definitely did not think this through at all. Turning round, he noticed Yixing just staring at him.

“Like my pretty face?” He asked, grinning.

“Don’t you ever take anything seriously?” Lay wondered, feeling a little annoyed that the other wasn’t that bothered about what had just happened. It was just an immature brat.

Chen shrugged and shook his head.

Suho stayed beside Lu Han as the medical examiner looked over the wound that wasn’t there – but it was simply a matter of precaution. After all, he was stabbed through the stomach. Lu Han giggled a couple of times when the examiner’s fingers treaded a nerve on his skin, but it was soon over and he was putting his shirt on.

“Are you alright now?” Joonmyun wondered, placing his hand on the other’s shoulder as an act of kindness.

Lu Han smiled and nodded.

“Fine.”

Suho smiled and led him out of the infirmary. Both of them walked in peaceful silence down the hallway until they reached the cafeteria where the rest of the students were eating their lunches.

Looking around, Lu Han spotted Tao who looked very worried.

“Thanks Joonmyun.” He whispered and the other just nodded with a kind smile. Moving over to the boy who looked glad to see him, he waved. “Hey Tao, don’t worry too much, you’ll get wrinkles.” Lu Han took a seat beside the boy and Tao let out a relieved sigh.

Tao just nodded before he focused on his food again. He wasn’t going to ask the other how he was because he was happily smiling away.

“Zitao!”

The called boy turned around and noticed the tall blonde boy walking towards him. Groaning, he turned to Lu Han for some help.

But the boy didn’t seem to see a problem.

“Just talk to him. He seems to like you a lot.” Lu Han explained, nudging his friend a little with a smile. It wasn’t like Zitao didn’t need the social skills anyway. “Besides, he’s pretty hot.”

That last comment got Zitao to glare hard at him.

When he turned around, he jumped a little when he saw how close Yifan was already to the table. Glancing around nervously, he took a deep breath before speaking and taking Lu Han’s advice. But it was most certainly not because the other was ‘hot’ or whatever.

“Uh yeah?” he said, looking up at Kris and following him as Yifan took a seat beside him.

Just before he was about to speak, Lu Han left the table immediately.

Talk about how to make a situation awkward.

“Just wanted to talk. Is that okay?” Yifan asked, turning around so that his legs were just about to touch the others.

“Yeah.”

Zitao tried to ignore the fact that the blonde’s legs were almost entangled with his own, so he put his eyes down to the table, waiting for the other to start the conversation.

“So, enjoying school so far?” Kris asked, smiling.

The younger couldn’t help but chuckle only slightly. It sounded like a conversation he would have with his dad as soon as he got home from school. Looking up, he bit his lip before nodding his head, deciding not to say anything else but at least he wasn’t leaving. Just like Lu Han had advised him to do he was letting the other ‘chat’ with him, but he’d much rather not do all that much talking.

“Right… You’re not much of a talker are you?” The blonde suddenly said, tightening his lips a little. Zitao looked up at him and faked a gasp before he spoke very, very sarcastically.

“Wow, you noticed? Amazing!”

The reply made Kris roll his eyes. Chuckling, he pointed to Zitao’s phone that was out on display on the table.

It was playing a song through earphones that were not being used.

“You like that band?” He wondered, and Zitao had to bite his tongue to stop another sarcastic remark leaving his mouth.

“Yeah.”

“Huh. Me too.” Kris said, smiling.

Zitao looked up at him in surprise. The band that he was listening to – through his headphones – were rather mediocre in the music industry but that didn’t stop him from listening to them constantly, making way for them to be his favourite band.

He hardly met anyone else that listened to them. It was only a miracle that Kris had even heard of that band.

“Oh yeah?” he said, gazing into the other’s eyes.

Kris chuckled, at least he had gained the other’s attention.

“Yup. I thought they were pretty undiscovered, it’s weird to find someone else who likes them.” The blonde explained.

“What’s your favourite song?” He wondered.

“Asylum, yours?”

Tao tried to hide his smile as the other replied. One, it was one of their less popular songs – even within the fandom – and two, it was a huge coincidence considering that that was his favourite song too.

“Um, that one.” He whispered, looking somewhere else that wasn’t Kris’s smirk.

“Imagine that.” Kris looked accomplished.

“Yeah…”

Minseok sat outside the school building, leaning against something that his parents had only bought him that morning - a brand new car. He wore sunglasses on his face to shield him from the blazing sun whilst he stared at Suho who was laughing with Lu Han, eating lunch outside considering the really nice day it had turned out to be.

As much as he hated to admit that he was scolded by the other, he still felt an unnatural attraction to the gorgeous boy. And if all he could do was watch from afar then goddamit he was going to become a creep.

“Nice car.”

Xiumin looked up to see an instructor approach him, and all he could do was grin cockily.

“Thanks.”

“Well, I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised from the ‘God of Wealth’ right?” the instructor asked before he chuckled at the other’s grin. “Well, I want to tell you that there is going to be a competition soon.”

That certainly gained the other’s attention.

Xiumin stood up straight and stared at the other. He took off his glasses and his eyes were full of excitement.

“What kind of a competition?” The boy wondered.

“All kinds. Spread it around, it starts tomorrow. The winner of the games will be getting a big prize.” The instructor nodded and left leaving Xiumin feeling all excited about what was to come tomorrow.

At least it might put the bad atmosphere down for a little competition.

He was just hoping it might have something to do with swimming.


A/N: and a new chapter update since I got over the whole kris thing. yeah! so tell me how you think babies <3 subscribe, comment and upvote and ill love you forever.