Chapter 18: One Step to Realization

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

“Group yourselves into teams of 2 with 5 members in it. The remaining ones please stay seated in the corner and wait for your turn.” The coach yelled and whistled as the 3rd year students of class A-3 and A-B ran to meet their favoured peers to form a group. This was the agony of PE, to Hyun Ae on that matter. She was outstanding on each subject but PE? She’d rather kill herself or better yet go take some sleeping pills and fall into deep slumber and never wake up ever again. Seriously, who on Earth included PE as a subject? That totally ticks off the name of ‘School’ wherein students learn and not play.

But that was her opinion, not everybody else’s.

Hyun Ae found herself seated at the very corner of the hall with Hwa Young. Forming a group with aristocrats didn’t cross her mind at all, besides they wouldn’t even let her into their team. She and Hwa Young were poor after all. Oh the odds of poverty!

“Mine!” students yelled breathlessly trying to keep the volleyball up in the air and finally slamming it to the other side where their opponents resided. Class A-3 was playing against Class B-3, the two sections where either the very rich or the very nerdy people were in. Surprisingly though, Hyun Ae and Hwa Young were still in Class 3-A even though they weren’t in those categories. Sure Hyun Ae and Hwa Young were smart people, but they weren’t that nerdy and they sure as hell weren’t rich. Well, thanks to scholarship, they at least had a chance to savour the sweetness of being in the best section in their grade where good girls and good boys attended in… not.

“Hey nerds!” Victoria screeched as she approached Hyun Ae and Hwa Young who were looking bored. The two stared up at her, “What?” Hwa Young asked in a rather irritated tone of voice. Why must she be in their class?

“Get up you lazy bums! Coach said it was your turn to play.” Victoria commanded as she pointed to where the other students were playing. Hyun Ae sighed as she recognized who they were playing with. The two stretched and yawned earning a displeased look from Victoria as they walked past the other players who were concentrating on their own little games. They noticed the ball that was heading their way and rushed to their designated area as they huffed in relief. The last thing they needed was a bump in the head caused by volleyball.

“Get ready nerds! I won’t go easy on you!” the opposing team challenged as she swung her arms and served the ball. The game had commenced.

‘I’m so dead’ Hyun Ae thought as she tried to spike the ball that was above her only to land on her when an intruder pushed her off. It was none other than Sulli who was also in her class.

“Oh sorry. I thought you were scared and might end up fainting so I saved you from the ball.” She said sarcastically and diverted her gaze to Krystal. ‘1st plan done!’ she thought and smirked.

“It’s PE today right?” Krystal asked, almost in a whisper.

“Yeah it is, I heard that we’re going to be playing volley today. It’s going to be so much fun!” Sulli raised her hands in the air, expressing her excitement.

“Do you want to make it even more exciting?” a sly smile was formed across her face. The other girl snickered in enjoyment after Krystal shared her plans for PE.

“Indeed you are the best at these kinds of stuff. Count me in!”

It was Krystal’s turn to serve the ball for their team. She fixed her posture and clenched her fist to hit the ball. Her fist swung in the direction of its aim and Krystal smiled when she successfully hit her target.

Hyun Ae.

“Ahhhhhh!” Hyun Ae who was facing Krystal’s direction met her danger. The ball hit her head and nose causing it to bleed. A reddish spot was visible from her forehead.

“Omo!” everyone gasped and looked at Hyun Ae whose head was dizzy after the shocking impact.

“Hyun Ae yah!” Krystal sprinted to Hyun Ae’s side and displayed a worried face “Gwaenchana? Jeongmal mianhe! I didn’t mean to do it! Mianhe.” Krystal stared at Hyun Ae’s face when she noticed the blood that was gushing out of Hyun Ae’s nose “Omo! Pi! In your nose!”

“Huh?” Hyun Ae dumbly asked and touched her nose. “It’s ok.”

“Bikkyeo!” Hwa Young pushed Krystal away from Hyun Ae’s grasp and held out a tissue box to her “Here. Wipe it off. I’m sorry Hyun Ae, I wasn’t able to protect you from this wench.”

“It’s ok Hwa Young. She didn’t mean it.” Hyun Ae wiped off the tears that fell from her eyes without her realising.

“Didn’t mean it? Hyun Ae, she was meant to have a straight aim but she faced your direction and hit you right in your face! You need to report it to coach!” Hwa Young said and gaped at the people who were simply staring at them. Some even laughed and thought that Hyun Ae deserved it.

“What are you laughing at?” Hwa Young pointed to the person and attempted to walk to her direction when Hyun Ae held her back and calmed her down.

“What’s going on in here!?!” The coach yelled causing the bystanders to disperse into their original spots.

“It’s nothing coach. I-I’ll just go to the school nurse.” She bowed and excused herself from the coach.

“I’ll accompany her.” Hwa Young said and followed Hyun Ae but her coach stopped her. “She’ll be fine.”

“I’ll go with her!” Krystal raised her hands. “It was my fault and it’s only right that I go with Hyun Ae. Please coach?” Krystal pleaded. The coach sighed in exasperation and slowly nodded his head. “Well that’s reasonable enough.”

“Thanks!”

Krystal stormed out of the hall and caught up with Hyun Ae, “Did it hurt?” she asked ‘nicely’. Hyun Ae never looked at Krystal.

“It hurt didn’t it? Good! Just as I’ve planned!” this caught Hyun Ae’s attention.

“When are you going to stop Krystal? Why are you even wasting your time on me? You already have everything!” Krystal took a step back, surprised at Hyun Ae’s counter-attack. She’d never talked back to Krystal.

Although she was a bit shocked, Krystal raised her face a bit and crossed her arms to her chest, signifying that she was still dominant. “I told you didn’t I? STAY AWAY FROM EXO!” she pushed her to the ground and stooped down to Hyun Ae’s eye level. She held Hyun Ae’s chin up and noticed the tears that were trickling down her face. “Oh? You’re crying dear? Don’t cry yet, we’ve only just started ruining your life.” Krystal stood up again and rolled her eyes. “Just take our advice and leave EXO alone ok? Take your best friend with you too! Or else, you two will regret it for the rest of your lives!” and with that, Krystal walked away in triumph as Hyun Ae sobbed. She was alone…yet again.

‘Crying doesn’t solve anything Hyun Ae, it is only bringing you to the pits of sadness. Please don’t repeat the same mistakes I did.’ A voice soothed her heart suddenly. The voice sounded familiar… too familiar to even deny the fact that she didn’t know who it was.

‘Am I talking to myself? Why do you sound so much like me?’ Hyun Ae thought and a reply came.

‘I’m you and you are me’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smell of sweat flew through the air as the school’s basketball team made their way to their lockers after the bell rang.

“Ugh!” Baekhyun covered his nose and pulled a disgusted face as he observed Kris, spraying the deodorant’s content everywhere. It melted away the previous smell, but spraying too much deodorant only made matters worse. “Yah! Stop spraying already!”

Kris only laughed and passed the deodorant to Tao so he could freshen up as well. “Thanks hyung!” he sprayed its contents to his body as he closed his eyes, engulfing its scent.

Kai and Sehun could only glare at Tao. He was too attracted with the littlest things that Kris gave to him. Tao had always doted on Kris since they met. For Tao, Kris was more than a friend, he was family.

Well, everyone in EXO was his family. Without them, there was no him.

Then suddenly the thought of family intrigued Tao the most. “Hyung, when are you planning to visit your mum?” he asked all of a sudden earning glances from the rest of EXO. Kris cringed at the mention of his mum.

“Oh right, isn’t your mum in Vancouver? Are you planning to go this year? Maybe during Christmas?” Suho said while wiping his forehead with a towel. “If you do, bring back some goodies would you? You love us right?”

A round of ‘Yeah’s were heard from the rest of the boys as Kris slammed his locker door and faced them. “Guys, can we not talk about this?” he coldly said and left the room.

“Oops.” Chanyeol said realising what they had done.

“We shouldn’t have mentioned his mum.” Lay said in a low voice.

“You guys could’ve thought about that before saying anything you know?” Luhan shook his head in disappointment and stood up from his seat. ‘Why haven’t I thought about this earlier’ Luhan thought as he exited the hall.

Then it hit him. ‘Something’s weird,’ he rubbed his temples as he continued to think ‘Usually I would know what’s going to happen next but lately, I don’t remember anything that happened exactly as it was in the past,’ Luhan recalled the holiday they had in Busan and what they had done since the first day he was reborn into this second life, those didn’t happen at all, in fact it was completely different. But the main events were similar especially how Kris had proposed in front of them, he’d done the same but at different locations. What exactly was happening now?

‘Does that mean that Hyun Ae will finally experience a whole new experience with Kris?’ he thought and tried to reconnect each incident. He should’ve been happy by now since this was what he wanted to do anyway. He purposely redid all of the incidents that led to his relationship with Hyun Ae so Kris can be happy but some things were definitely out of place,

His nightmares that didn’t make sense.

The incidents were now completely mismatched but still remained similar to one another.

And lastly, his telepathic ability that somehow connected him to Leeteuk.

“Do you believe in wishing from a shooting star?” Leeteuk’s question repeated in Luhan’s thoughts.

‘How do stars fit into this anyway?’ he thought again and again until goose bumps suddenly immersed his whole being.

Memories of the nightmare he had came into picture. Specifically the sound of a girl’s familiar voice.

‘I wish to see you once more’

‘To tell you how much I love you’

Suddenly his head ached from the pressure he was executing. ‘I don’t get it at all! No way! A star? Wish? A girl’s voice?’ he continued to question himself.

‘The answer is close to you Luhan. Think hard and do what your heart tells you.’ Leeteuk said through telepathy but Luhan’s train of thoughts were suddenly interrupted when a shoulder bumped into him.

“Ow” the girl squeaked in pain.

“Mian! I’m so sorry Hyun Ae!” he said with an apologetic face when he realised what he had done but his attention immediately turned to the ice pack that Hyun Ae was rubbing into her head. Her swollen eyes and haggard features caused Luhan to cup her face and stared at her in fear.

“What in the wold happened to you?!”


*Glossary for today*


Pi - Blood

Bikkyeo - Get out of the way!


Yo my lovely readers! How are all of you? Me? Finally the holidays!!! So here's another chap for you guys to enjoy...

Btw! Thanks so much for the comments and new subs (I'll reply as soon as i can and personally post my thankyou's in each wall for the subs that i havent thanked yet. Sorry! I've been quite busy so I'll make it up to you!

Happy Reading!

~lovelyndgrey2230
  9/07/14