02

Price Paid For The Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Folding it again today, huh?” He asked and you lifted your head up and smiled at him. “Yeah. I won’t stop until it finally reached 1000 and I wanted to get my wish as soon as possible.” You answered.

“Do you really believe in those fairytales?” He asked quietly. His tone of voices sounded weird. It was as if he was feeling uneasy. With a little doubt, you answered. “I-I was just trying it out. It won’t harm me doesn’t it.”

He stares at you deeply in your eyes. His gaze looks so strange but you just couldn’t tell what was the differences. Then slowly, the corner of his lips quivering upwards as he throw you a smile.

“It will never harm you.”

It sounded so wrong in your ears. It was as if he was telling you that it’ll never hurt you in one way or another. It just won’t. But deep inside, you had a hunch on which it was forcing you to stop folding it.

But you just wouldn’t believed your hunch this time as it never was once correct. It will always be a wrong hunch. It never was true.

“Want me to help you?” He asked as he cutted you from your deep thought. Fluttered, you blinked a few times, trying to process what he had just asked earlier before you answered. “They said that it’s best if you done it all by yourself without any other people to help you.” He nodded his head lightly and smiled.

“Then hurry up. I can’t wait.” He slowly said. “Uh-yeah… Alright.”

++

That night, you had fallen asleep so early as you was just too tired to stay up all night and continued to folded more of it. As you were sleeping, he was staring at the jar which was being placed on the nightstand. “A paper cranes, huh?” He muttered slowly before he let out a chuckle. A sorrow one.

“I just wished that it was just the talk of those people.” He said as he turned to look at the sleeping you on the bed. “I really hope it wasn’t true…”

He picked the jar from it’s place and looked at it’s content. Today, you’ve folded it until it was now 637. A few more and you could wish for anything. But the question was, will it really happened?

Gently, he placed it back down on where it was before while a sigh escaped his lips. “I’m scared that it would really happened.” He mumbled under his breath as he pulled the blanket up till your chin. And later on, he caress your hair gently before he leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on your forehead.

Then, he got up from his seat towards the door before he walked away. Thinking of something that he thought probably necessary. He spared you one last glances before he finally closed the door. 

And walked his way outside of the hospital buildings.

 

 

“Mark, what are you doing?” You asked while looking at him as he had been sitting down the couch with a book and a pencil in his hands. Like he was writing something on it. Lifting his head up, he locked his gaze with you and smiled gently before he closed the book while tossing it aside.

“Writing something.” He said. You creased your brows and look at him who was now walking towards you. “What did you write?” You asked as the curiousity took the best out of you. He sat next to you on the bed as he pulled you into his embrace. “You’ll know it when the right time comes… Hmm… But not now…”

You hugged him back and sigh. “Oh right. My birthday is about to come. Make sure to get me my present or I’ll hunt you down young man.” You jokingly said, grinned. He chuckled and ruffled your brown locks while smiling. “I will, big boss.” He replied, earning a laugh from you as you hit his side. He laughed as well before he stopped and turns to look at you.

“I will always prepare a present for you, no matter what. I will always do that.” There. Those strange feelings had been lingering around you once again. He had been weird lately. So weird even. Staring at his feature as the silence grew, you just doesn’t feel like to pry off your eyes from his face but then, the door of your room is being pushed from the outside and an old nurse came in.

Both of you turns to look at  her who her eyes were now grew wider. He frowned and rushed towards where both of you was and she then suddenly hit Mark on his right side. “Get off! You can’t just simply landed your on the bed when you aren’t the patient! Now hurry up and get off!” She shouted and pulled Mark down from the bed.

Grinning, you tried your best to not laugh infront of the old nurse as she pinched Mark’s ears. “I’m sorry. I won’t repeat the same mistakes again.” He begged while holding onto the nurse’s hand that was on his ears. The nurse then let go of him and gave him a look before she walked closer to you. “You’ll need to get an early sleep, Miss.” She slowly said as she helped you to lay back down.

Maybe your and his laugh from  before had been so noisy which had apparently caught the nurse’s attention that she took the decisions to come in here to make sure you’re now going to bed. “Sleep now.” She said softly. You nodded and glanced at Mark who was pouting at you. The nurse then turned around and gave Mark another spank on his back before she left.

He groaned in pain as he turns to you. Giving you a pathetic looks but being the naughty girl you was, you stuck your tongue out and mumbled a : “Serve you right.”

He squinted his eyes at you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter