01

Price Paid For The Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note : I'm still an amateur when i wrote this story. Not that i'm a veteran now anyway. And so, please bear with me. Throughout the story you'll find a lot of mistakes like literally TONS OF IT. But i'm truly sorry. English is not my mother's language. I don't know when i'll be re-editing this, but slight changes may be done while i'm at it. So don't mind my mistakes and please enjoy this ideas of mine. And thank you for your support! Lots of love from Loyalberries :* 

You turned your head to  the left when you heard a soft snores coming from the person who was sitting besides you. He’s still in deep sleep. You just couldn’t help it but to smile and also feel so grateful at the same time.

That person besides you had actually saved you from wasting your life just like that. You didn’t even know what will happen to you if he wasn’t there. You might have probably been dead at this time. June 2011, that will be the date of your death.

You could still remember it clearly, as if it was just yesterday, the very first time you saw him. It was at the subway, where you wished to just end your life thoughtlessly. Sure enough that you had been tired living in a hell created by your own family.

It was during the 21st of your birthday that your parents eventually had something to be stressed on which leads them into fighting, yelling and throwing things around. As usual. You know that.

You thought that you were going to be greeted by both of them in a good state. Well, that’s what  you wished for. Of course that you know they weren’t going along very well but can’t they just at least stop fighting during your birthday. It’s just one day. 24 hours to be exact.

It’s making you sick to the point where you just feel like to throw up whenever you saw both of them in the house. They just couldn’t see each other faces without fighting. Absurd isn’t it.

So you finally took a simple decisions which will make you feel like this world isn’t as noisy as when your parents were fighting. You came all the way to the subway, alone. Waiting patiently for the train to come. No, you’re not going to ride it. You own something else as an agenda for that day.

Fortunately, there wasn't too many people at the subway at that time so there won't be any obstacle for you.

You gulped down when you noticed that the train was slowly approaching towards your direction. You shakes your head and took a few more steps forward, towards the line where people were forbidden to step on.

The lights of the train is becoming brighter and brighter. You hold your legs out while you took in a deep breath. You closed your eyes tightly as the warm tears rolled down your cheeks. You didn’t even bother thinking of anything else. All you wanted to do now is to just ended it right there and then.

When you were about to jump from where you was standing at right now, you could clearly heard a fast footsteps. As if they were running towards you but you didn’t care. You just wanted to be dead. That’s all. You clenched your hands, forming a fist when the train was coming and you were seriously about to jump when you were suddenly being pulled backwards by someone.

Both of you collapse down on the hard ground. You opened your eyes and there he was, the strangers that you barely know. The strong wind from the train tousled both of your hair and his. Turning around, you quickly got up and wanted to run towards the train when he hold your wrist firmly.

“Let me go!!” You shouted furiously as the tears falls down again. You struggled under his hold. “I won’t. I don’t know what you were stressing on but are you seriously thought that being dead could settle everything?!” He retorted, making you stopped in your actions.

He turns you around and stares deeply inside your eyes. “Don’t do something useless like this absentmindlessly. Never. It won’t bring you any goods, it will only brings you more pain.” He softly said while locking his gaze with you. Slowly, your tears rolled down, and with that, he pulled you in his arms, embracing you firmly. “That’s okay, that’s okay to cry…. let it all out…” You buried your face deeply on his chest while both of your hands grab a hold of his shirt over his chest tightly. It's true that he was just a stranger to you. You barely even know who he really was but there is something strange on him which makes you feel protected, comfortable, loved and being appreciated also.

“I’m here, everything is gonna be just fine. Trust me.”

That words which he had said to you feels so real, so sincere that you feel so safe in his embrace, that you thought no one will ever hurt you and from that moment, you just felt as if you’ve found your happiness. And now, whenever you look at him, you’re just so grateful that you’ve met him.

He mumbled in his sleep, calling your name softly. The way he says your name feels so different than any other person had ever called you even when it was just your name. The same alphabet.

You leaned your head closer towards his chest and close your eyes tightly. “I’m here, Mark…”

 

 

“Hey, stop running! I’m tired!” He shouted while trailing so far away behind you. You turns around cheekily and walk backwards instead and gave him a teasing look. “You’re so weak. How can a guy be so weak like you.” You said while stucking your tongue out.

“I’m not weak! I’m just tired.” He said and rushed forward to catch up in your pace. “Let me show you how strong I am.” He grinned and scooped you up in his arms. Your eyes widened in shock. “Hey, put me down. This is embarrasing.” You whispered while smacking his chest.

“I don’t care, let them sees us. I’m going to show off to  them that this wonderful girl in my arms was mine.” He said softly and leaned forward, closing the gap between both of you and pressed his lips on yours. “And that, they won’t stand a chance to steal you away from me.” He whispered. Slowly, you closed your eyes and felt his warmth on you.

Both of you stayed in that position for several more seconds before you pulled away and struggled under his hold and finally manage to escape. You run as quick as you can as you spare him some glance. “Catch me if you can, Mr. Not-So-Strong!” You shouted and giggles.

He squinted his eyes on you before he started running behind you. Seeing him coming near you, you fastened your pace before you suddenly stops when you had trouble to breathe. The oxygen doesn’t seemed to get into your lungs.

You fell onto your knees and cough. One hand supporting your body and the other is grabbing the cloth over your chest tightly until your knuckle turns white. Mark approached you and squatted infront of you. “What’s wrong?” He asked. His voiced showed just how panic he was. It is getting more and more hard for you to breathe and that you hit your chest hardly. Hoping that it would help. But it wasn’t helping in much state as you were still struggling to breath.

Your eyes get blurry even more with every  struggle you’ve done. It wasn’t until you last heard his voice calling for your name before it turns black.

Mark quickly catches your body, preventing you from falling down on the hard ground. He shakes your body gently as his face turns pale. He was so shocked to see you falling u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter