Team Junah

Back to You

This is an idea I've had for a while (and so it has been done for a while, too) but I wasn't sure whether to post it not. Today I decided, to hell with it though lol so here it is. It doesn't have a set date, but it's sometime before Trouble Maker was officially revealed to the public. So, maybe sometime in October?

 

 

Team JunAh

(all of beast is)

 

1.    Yoseob

It’s not that he was taking sides. Not really. He has kept himself out of the whole ordeal from the get-go and he was planning to keep the act of apparent indifference up until the end, thank you very much. There already were way too many parties involved and it was none of his business to begin with, so he was just saving everyone a lot of trouble by keeping himself outside of it.

Or at least that’s what he used to think. Nowadays he’s letting more and more of the charade fade, because you see, Yoseob cares about one thing and one thing only:

s’ happiness. And lately happiness and Junhyung were two words that didn’t fit in the same sentence. That worries Yoseob. And a worried Yoseob was an unhappy Yoseob, and an unhappy Yoseob just didn’t care about what business he should stay out of.

In normal circumstances Junhyung’s relationship with Hara would be fall into that category, but these were extraordinary circumstances and a few weeks ago Yoseob could only think of a single reason for Junhyung’s gloominess.

He must be missing his girlfriend. He was missing her and was too bloody proud and stubborn to admit it. Tsk, that Junhyung, always bringing poor Yoseob turmoil in one way or another.

So the vocal-powerhouse decided he would take matters in his own hands and would talk to Hara to set an impromptu date for the two of them and pronto. Or rather, he would talk to Doojoon so that Doojoon would talk to Hara. Yup, that’s exactly what he would do.

And he would have done just that had he not arrived to the dorm only to find that 4minute had dropped by to visit them. Yoseob though isn’t half as startled by them as he is by the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen.

He finds Hyuna trying her best to put an apron on a Junhyung who is refusing it half-heartedly, a playful smile on his lips. The brunette pouts and smacks Junhyung’s arm, and the boy laughs. Openly, genuinely, happily—there’s not a single trace of the depressed, upset Junhyung Yoseob has gotten used to seeing these past few weeks, and the change of scenery is so shocking that he almost gasps dramatically.

He doesn’t though. He just watches them in awe—the two who are still oblivious to his presence, too busy teasing and laughing and cooking and Yoseob realized then that he had been wrong.

And now he just wonders when Junhyung will realize he had been, too.

 

 

2.    Kikwang.

To his credit, for the longest of times Kikwang didn’t even think of taking sides.

But all that changes when he gets home from shooting one night only to find a lonely Junhyung staring off into space on the coach in front of the TV. The channel was shifted to one of the Japanese ones they had paid for to monitor their own activities, and right then they were airing Kara’s latest PV.

Kikwang is exhausted and moody and he is not kidding when he says all he wants in the world is to take a hot shower and tuck himself into bed. But seeing Junhyung like that moves something inside him, and just like that he finds himself walking over to the rapper and quietly taking a seat by his side. The boy doesn’t move, doesn’t shift, doesn’t even seem to have realized he wasn’t alone anymore, and Kikwang is touched by this most of all. It is with a sympathetic look and a heavy heart that he breaks the silence and reaches out to him.

“You miss her, don’t you?”

Junhyung gives a start and Kikwang takes the chance to continue. It wasn’t often that you could catch an emotional-Junhyung off-guard. “She’s in Japan most of the time nowadays, isn’t she?”

The rapper seems lost for a moment, but then understanding slowly dawns on his eyes and he shrugs nonchalantly. “It’s good for her to be focused on their new single. This is their chance to finally make an impression there.”

Junhyung is avoiding the question, Kikwang realizes, but he makes his best out of his acting abilities and draws a placid, understanding smile on his face. Pushing would not make Junhyung open up to him, he knew that well. “Well, I’m sure she has nothing to worry about, if the sales of their previous singles are anything to go by.”

Junhyung frowns. “You’re being sarcastic, aren’t you?”

Kikwang’s smile is replaced by a look of utter confusion. “What? No. Why would I be?”

The older boy rolls his eyes and gives him a light smack on the head. “What world have you been living in, man? They’ve been flopping hard. Even newcomers are doing better than them and—”

Suddenly his eyes widen and for a moment both boys sport identical, startled looks. “Wait. Who are you talking about?”

Kikwang is even more confused, if possible. “Uh. Hara?” He thought it was obvious? Who else could he have possibly been talking about?

 “Oh.” Junhyung’s body stiffens. “I thought you—” He hesitates, cuts himself short at the last moment and fills in the silence with a shake of his head. “Nevermind. Night, Kikwang.”

The singer turned-MC can only stare at his retreating member’s back as his sleepy brain mulls over what just happened, trying to understand just what was going on. What had he missed? Had Junhyung really thought he had been talking about someone else? But whom could he ha

Then it dawns on him.

Oh.

 

3.    Dongwoon.

Right from the start (or rather, from the end) Dongwoon told himself that he wouldn’t interfere. Both parties involved were important to him—Hyuna was one of his closest friends, he has known her for years. And Junhyung was practically his brother, his band-mate. There was no way he could take part in it without hurting one or the other, so he let them be and make their own choices.

He kept his thoughts to himself even when he thought they were making a mistake.

Lately though not-intervening is starting to become harder and harder. It was just difficult to bite his tongue when they kept acting that way around him. Like that time when they go to New York and Junhyung gets moody as hell because he wants to go back to Korea and Hyuna stays behind in the hotel just to keep him company. Or before that when they go to Spain and Junhyung tags along with Hyunseung because Hyuna had asked the brunette to buy her a present. Or like whenever they’re rehearsing for one of the UCube Concerts. Dongwoon could go on forever, seriously, lately those occasions just kept piling up.

And it wasn’t like he minded them. He certainly didn’t, he rather liked them in fact. The problem was that he could only watch or hear them for so long before it got really hard to hold himself back from walking over to them and just straight-out tell them what idiots they were being.

Can they not see how happy they are whenever they’re together? Can they seriously not see that?

Dongwoon thinks that they can, actually, and that was part of the problem and the main reason why he refused to intervene. Because if he did, it would be to tell them to get over themselves and stop the pretenses once and for all because they weren’t fooling anyone, and he has had enough of it already, thank you very much.

But if he did that then he would have to deal with an annoyed Junhyung nagging him from hell and back and an embarrassed Hyuna giving him the cold shoulder for god knows how long, and he would rather save himself the trouble. It wasn’t as if his words would get things done, anyway. That was entirely up to them, and they—

They were just such—such—idiots. The both of them.

 

4.    Hyunseung.

Hyunseung isn’t nearly as diplomatic as Dongwoon and he doesn’t really care to be, mind you. He thinks what he thinks and nothing can be done about it. And as things are he has never quite understood what the hell happened in the first place. Such lack of understanding has only aggravated since he has found himself basically spending all day (and night too, sometimes) with Hyuna due to their joint project.

Being overexposed to the girl had its consequences, and one of them was that it was hard not to notice the way her face lighted up at the mere mention of Junhyung, or how Junhyung himself was trying extra-hard to help them out with the project even though it wasn’t really necessary (didn’t he have other things to do?). Another consequence was that it was downright impossible to look at the two of them and not think that, really, Junhyung was just

“… An idiot.”

Junhyung can only blink, flabbergasted. That was too random even to Hyunseung’s standards. “What?”

“You heard me. You’re an idiot.” He deadpans, only to add on second-thought: “The biggest idiot I’ve ever met.”  

Junhyung blinks some more.

What are you—”

“Why aren’t you with Hyuna, again?”

Junhyung sobers up and tries to cover his surprise with derision, but Hyunseung would have nothing of it and remains unfazed by the boy’s eye roll.

“Uh, maybe because I already have a girlfriend? The name’s Hara, remember? Who’s the idiot now?”

Why are you still dating her?”

The smirk slips from Junhyung’s lips, which offer nothing but stunned silence to Hyunseung’s question.

 

The older boy sighs.

“Aish... And then you ask who the idiot is.”

 

 

5.    Doojoon

Unlike the rest of the boys, Doojoon didn’t stand aside from the start. In fact, he supported Junhyung in any way he could. He was, after all, part of the reason why he had gotten so close to Hara in the first place—so helping them out was the least he could do.

Lately though no amount of help seemed to be enough. Junhyung was moodier and moodier, Hara was nowhere to be found, and while Yoseob, Hyunseung, Dongwoon and Kikwang wouldn’t say a word to Junhyung they certainly didn’t keep their thoughts to themselves when it came to Doojoon. He is more than aware that the four of them have reached the same conclusion, and by now Doojoon can’t help but think they may be right.

So he lays down on the unoccupied bed next to Junhyung, entwines his fingers over his lap, and talks.

“How are you and Hara doing?”

Junhyung sighs and on it Doojoon can hear what Junhyung doesn’t say. I don’t want to talk about this now. Can we nothave this conversation? But he pretends to be deaf and inadequate at reading his friend, and simply waits. Waits until the boy finally understands that he wasn’t planning to go anywhere, and once Junhyung does, he heaves in another sigh.

“… Didn’t you hear her on Radio Star? We’re doing ‘fine’”

“You don’t sound convinced.” Junhyung’s only response is a shrug, so this time Doojoon is the one to sigh. He would have to change his approach and go for the blunt route. “I know what she said, but you don’t look fine to me, Junhyung. Did she mean it?”

“How am I supposed to know?” The rapper sounded genuinely irritated, but soon enough his tone goes back to one of indifference. “Whenever we talk she says nothing of it. And it’s not like we talk much, anyway”

“Are you okay with that?”

“… I don’t know.”

“How can you not know?”

That’s the problem, Doojoon. I just don’t, okay?”

 

They look at each other in silence for a long time, and even when Junhyung looks away with a tired expression Doojoon’s eyes remain set on his profile.

 

“… Do you miss her?”

“I do.” The answer comes a little too quickly, but Dojoon finds more meaning in the pause that follows before Junhyung utters his next words.  “… Sometimes.”

“How often is that?”

“… Not as often as it should be.”

 

He sounds regretful. Ashamed, even. And Doojoon can only sigh, because even though he knew what Junhyung was feeling, hearing it voiced aloud was a different thing altogether. It made everything more real, graver, somehow, and if Junhyung’s expression was any indication the blonde was definitely feeling all the weight of his admittance.

But instead of calling it quits, Doojoon keeps going. If they had gotten this far they may as well go all the way, right?

"Honestly, Junhyung, I really wanted to think you two could work out but it’s obvious this isn’t going anywhere. Why don’t you stop it, man? Before any of you can get seriously hurt. Seriously. Call it quits or take a break.” He pauses, mulling over his next words. “… Maybe things with Hyuna could work out now.”

There it was. What everyone wanted to but didn’t dare to say. Doojoon braces himself for what was to come, but even he is taken aback when Junhyung all but growls.

 

You, too?”

“Huh?”

“There it goes again! Hyuna this, Hyuna that, that’s all you guys ever seem to say! Not only you but Gina, and even Tiger hyung, too! What part of we aren’t together can’t you guys understand?!”

“Uh. Maybe the ‘aren’t’ part?”

 

Junhyung can only stare in disbelief before shaking his head, a bitter smile plastered on his lips.

“You are all unbelievable. I’m not so fickle as to switch back and forth between one girl to another when things get hard with one of them, okay? I’m not that kind of guy.”

“Is that what this is all about? You don’t want to appear fickle? How can you even be fickle when you haven’t gotten over Hyuna in the first place?” Junhyung parts his lips but Doojoon mercilessly beats him to it, “I’m sorry man, but you aren’t fooling anyone. I’m serious. Anyone with half a brain can see that you still have feelings for her.”

“… That’s none of your business. Stay out of this, Doojoon. And that goes to the rest of the guys, too. I’m dating Hara and I’m not going to let her down, you hear me?”

“What about yourself, Junhyung? Why is it so easy for you to let yourself down?” A pause. “What about Hyuna?”

“… She’s over me. We’re fine just being friends.”

Doojoon shakes his head, sitting up. “The guys were right. You really are a thick-headed idiot.”

 

Junhyung curls his hand into a fist, bites down on his tongue and swallows down any response he may have had, not turning to watch Doojoon leave the room.

It was better like that. Nothing he could have said would have helped matters any.

 

One can only deny the truth for so long, after all.