7: Skirt on Fire

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sorry, I'm late!"

 

I glanced up from my phone screen to see a bed of messy hair in front of me.

 

Hazelnut-brown.

 

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long." She straightened herself, hands pushing her hair behind her ears and jamming the spectacles up her nose ridge. "I had to do an errand for my mum before leaving the house."

 

"What errand did you have to do?" I gestured towards the ticket counters and together we made our way there.

 

"I had to help my mum with the preparation of the dishes for tonight's dinner. Several of my parents' friends are coming over for a gathering."

 

"Ah, I see."

 

We entered a queue and I balked at the length of it.

 

"It's going to be a long, long wait." Suzy laughed, her hands sweeping her bushy hair into a braid.

 

"I can only imagine how bored I'll be at the end of queue when we finally buy our tickets." I sulked, arms folding across my chest and I was alerted to her lack of response. I watched in curiosity as she reached into her bag and retrieved a book from within.

 

My brows rose when I read the title.

 

"Barbie and the twelve dancing princesses? Seriously?"

 

"Is there a problem, Mark-sshi?" She glared at me, hands clutching the book to her chest protectively. "Can't an adult read children's books?"

 

I put my hands up in mock surrender. "Sure sure, whatever you say. Barbie."

 

She mock-slapped the smirk off my face and I grinned, my face edging close to the book and I peered at the page she was at.

 

"Why'd you like this book anyway."

 

"Just because." She replied matter-of-factly without lifting her eyes off the pages.

 

"I thought you only liked cooking." The queue moved, and I had to pull her by the forearm as she hadn't moved down when I did. "So you like dancing too?"

 

She didn't reply, possibly too absorbed in the book. Pursing my lips, I swung an arm onto her shoulders and pulled her along with me whenever the queue moved.

 

And all the while, I was very conscious of how close our bodies were. Heck, the proximity of us enabled me to get a whiff of her — lemon, which could be from her shower gel.

 

My eyes strayed to her fingers, and I gulped whenever they moved to turn and receive a page. The svelteness of her digits amazed me to no end and I wondered how it would feel if they were to be intertwined with mine.

 

Ugh, there you go again Mark. Thinking of things you shouldn't be thinking about.

 

Get your head straight. There's no way the lioness can attract you.

 

No way.



 

"Thanks for Saturday."

 

A piece of broccoli rolled its way onto my plate and I chuckled, my fork stabbing it and I popped it into my mouth.

 

"It was really fun, and it took a lot off my mind."

 

"You're welcome." I swallowed, my fingers twirling the fork. "I've been wanting to go too, since the incident with Jinyoung happened."

 

It's been a month since that evening, and the boy still refuses to talk to us. Suzy's last conversation with Jinyoung left her sobbing so she had been afraid to try to speak to him again, lest the results are the same.

 

The rest of the boys were caught between us both, not knowing what to do to solve the differences between us. Whenever Jinyoung disappears from their sights, they would acknowledge Suzy and I, throwing concerned glances our way and my heart would ache when Bambam pulls me into a short hug for I realised that I missed their company terribly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter