2: So It Seems

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinyoung! What was the meaning of what you did this morning!”

 

Sandwiching the cordless phone between my cheek and shoulder, I hissed as my hands reached across my bed for a stack of notebooks (with absolutely no notes written in them; I had better get Jaebum’s notes to copy). Stuffing them inside my bag, I listened intently for my friend’s answer.

 

“W-Well…” He paused, as if searching for appropriate words. “I thought I was being pretty obvious.”

 

I ignored the sudden rise in my blood pressure as I tried to calm myself down. “So you’re saying that you like this girl? That you like the lioness?”

 

Jinyoung coughed. “W-What! What the heck man! Is that what you guys have been calling her behind her back?!”

 

Well, not them. Just me.

 

I cleared my throat and attempted to keep my voice guilt-free. “We don’t. It’s uh, just a spontaneous thing.”

 

“It had better be, Mark.”

 

“Yeah yeah, it is. Geez.” I shook my head and placed my packed bag at the foot of my bed. Retrieving the phone from its position, I flopped back down onto the bed and to my side. I placed the phone on top of my ear and rested both my arms in front of me.

 

"What do you like about her anyway?" My eyes drifted to my fingers and I wiggled my index finger. "And don't tell me everything."

 

"Well..."

 

"I'm rolling my eyes, Jinyoung." I commented sarcastically.

 

"There's just something about her that drew me in. I can't pinpoint it but there's just something."

 

"Is it her hazelnut-brown hair?"

 

! I realized what I had spoken unconsciously and my palms slammed my bed repeatedly in frustration.

 

There was silence on his end.

 

"Is that what you first saw about her, Mark?"

 

My mind recalled back to when the lioness bumped into my shoulder and dashed away, her messy bed of hazelnut-brown hair trailing behind her.

 

"Yeah." I breathed, as my thoughts drifted to my dance goddess, her hazelnut-brown hair following her movements as she danced. "She's gorgeous."

 

"Uh Mark? Mark-hyung? Did you just call my soon-to-be girlfriend gorgeous?" I snapped back to reality and face palmed myself for my second stupid mistake. "I'm warning you! Hands off, and heart off!"

 

I laughed weakly.

 

"Yes sir."


 

"Next please!"

 

Not lifting my eyes off the phone, I moved forward in line and ordered.

 

"A-And the size of your d-drink, sir?"

 

I heard the stammer in the cashier's words and my curiosity piqued. Tearing my eyes away from Bambam's texts (he just sent me a seemingly "hilarious" photograph of Yugyeom in his underwear; it wasn't funny at all), I looked up and my jaw dropped.

 

It's her!

 

Standing behind the cashier counter was her. My dancing goddess; my first love.

 

I stood rooted to the ground, my mouth opened but no words came out. Reply her Mark! Reply her, you !

 

"U-Uh..." I stuttered, my palms started to sweat and I could feel extreme nervousness washing over me. "W-What do you recommend?"

 

I mentally slapped myself in the head. What the hell!? What the heck did you just spout Mark?!

 

"W-Well, seeing how you usual–" My goddess clapped her hands over and pinked.

 

I usually...? Wha?

 

My nervousness ebbed away at her mistake and I stared at her. I know I've seen you before but...

 

"Have you seen me before?"

 

Her face tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter