My first (weird) encounter

Wandering Me

Lay P.O.V:

I felt warmth on my face, slowly opening my eyes. A small, lively sun ray was tickling my cheek. I took a deep breath, and by the sight of the sun, I smiled widely. I yawned and stretched my body. I sat up and looked around. …High trees, fresh green grass, tiny paths, benches… nothing has changed in my park overnight.

Yes…my park. People usually live in houses but I live here, in my park. Ah… it’s really nice here. Oh, I have been ‘living’ here for two months already and I really got used to it. This is the first time I am staying somewhere for so long.

It’s about half year since I left my mom. Not that I didn’t like being with her, it’s just… I wanted to know how does it feel like… how to say it… to be independent? …to be free? ...

To be free… I think I have been free all the time. Since I was a kid. I wasn’t born to live in a house; I wasn’t constrained by the four walls; I grew up in the street. I didn’t know what the word ‘home’ mean, and come to think of it, I didn’t mind it though. For me, a ‘home’ means everything around me.

I and my mother went through a lot. We were searching for a place where to rest a bit, to gather our strength and then again, walk on.

I loved that kind of itinerant life. But it changed when my mom met people similar to us- wanderers, but a bit different. They were all living in one building, they were given food regularly, and in return they had to help to clean the streets or parks… My mom was very fond of it, so she took us both there. Ah… I liked to live under the roof, but after a while… I started to miss my old life.

Yes, that life of a wanderer. So one day, I left my mom. Of course I miss her a lot. She was by my side my whole life; she was not just a mother; she was also a father, a teacher, a guardian. She was holding my hand when we were walking to nowhere. She was the only person I could rely on. But all that time, I saw sadness on her face. She wasn’t happy. But when we came to that building and started to live with those people, I saw that she started smiling more. She was feeling useful and that made her happy.

Well, my mother wasn’t like me. She didn’t grow up in the streets, she knew different life like this. She missed companionship. She missed a real home. My mom has never told me why she became homeless. She never told me about my father too…

I remember when I said her I was leaving. *flashback*

“Mom…please don’t cry, I am not leaving for ever.”

“Yixing, please, don’t go- I will go with you!” she was looking right into my eyes, squeezing my hands desperately.

“I know you don’t want to go. I see how much you like this life. You won’t enjoy it with me for sure, it would be boring for you.” I gulped and tried to smile as much as I could. “So don’t cry please.” I hugged her. “You know, we wanderers, always find a way back to each other.” I winked at her, and with that blink I also fought off tears from my eyes. “Thank you for everything mom.”

“I love you so much Yixing.”

“Me too mom.” I gave her my last look, turned away and stepped out.

During my journeys I met a lot of people. Oh… for example… ah…Chen! Yes, he’s a nice guy, he sometimes comes to visit me here, to my park.

Ah right, back to my park. So currently it is my ‘home’. I didn’t plan to stay here for so long. I thought I would just sleep here through the night and then, I would go on.

But just here, in this park I saw HIM. He was walking slowly, looking as if he wanted to relax but he was too tense to do that. He was wearing a black jacket and tight trousers. He was one of those forever working people, judging by the briefcase he was holding. But still, there was just something about him… I couldn’t get my eyes off of him.  *flashback*

I was sitting on the bench when he came closer.

“Can I sit?” he asked, with his eyes pinned at the screen of his mobile.

He was standing right in front of me and I was observing his face in admiration. His downcast eyes, his long eyelashes, soft, bright pink lips- I was so blown away that I didn’t realize my mouth is opened. I quickly get back to my senses. “Yes, sure-“

“Thanks.” He sat down on the bench, keeping a greater distance between us. He took out newspapers and started to read.

I smiled shyly. I was looking at him quietly, noticing how was his face changing from amazement to boredom while reading. I saw how he bit his lips occasionally   ... how cute.

I must admit, I had to look like crazy, I was literally staring at him all the time while he was reading, till he put away the newspapers and left. It was the most beautiful 30 minutes of my life.  

Of course I followed after him. I watched where he was going. I was hiding behind the bushes in the park and I carefully observed his steps. It didn’t took me long though. I saw how he came out of the park, crossed the street and entered the house at the opposite side of the park.

Since then, each day, I observe how he comes out of his house- probably heading to his work- and then I wait until he comes back. Maybe it sounds boring to you… but definitely not for me. Every time I see him, my heart starts beating so fast. It is a love at first sight… for sure.

Oh, I even wear his clothes. Once I noticed he was throwing away some of his clothes, so I just took them. I really don’t understand why he threw them out. It’s not like they were used a lot or dirty… Even now, I wear one of his t-shirts.

I giggled. I stood up from the bench and run to the bushes, from where I could see his house. It’s weekend, so he doesn’t have to go to work. I was waiting till he comes out from the house and goes for a walk to the park. I was impatiently wiggling behind the bushes, my eyes pinned at the door of his house. But he still hasn’t appear.

I looked down the street and saw him finally. There he was, with shopping bags in his hands. …ah, I see, he probably went shopping for breakfast.

Even from a distance, I could see his thoughtful face, looking straight at the ground. He was just crossing the street when tried to take out his keys from his pocket. I saw, how the keys fell from his hand. He put the shopping bags down in the middle of the road, and bent to pick up the keys from the ground.  

Afar, I could see a car, dashing towards him.

“Hey! Hey there! Watch out!” I yelled from the bushes. Nothing. And the car was closer and closer each second. Everything afterwards happened so quickly.

I run out of the bushes as fast as I could, right to the road where he was squatting. I hastily grabbed him around his shoulders from the back and shoved him away. At the sound of the horn coming from the car, we both stumbled and fell on the ground. With my right hand, I protected his head from hitting the ground, scraping my wrist against the hard concrete.

And there I was. On top of him. Looking right into his eyes. Oh dear…

 

 

 

Annyeong^^

The first chapter is out~ I hope you enjoyed it!~

So here it is, the Lay's first meeting with his 'platonic' love :D More interesting things in the next chapter~ :D

Thank you for checking out!^^ I will be very happy if you leave a comment^^ YeonA~