two

Searching for Joy

apink ; remember


 

"For the last time Kai..."

Minyoung has been giving Kai her death glares and warned him not to follow her anymore but seems like this guy is a really one air-headed dog. It's been nearly two months now since he had been tailling her which is why now he has been declared by the whole the school as Minyoung's dog. She knew about the dare the weirdo guy Chanyeol made but from what she heard, the dare only lasts for a month. Now it's been more than a month. So, why is he still bugging her?

Kai tilted his head in a childish manner, looking all confused, "Yes, master?"

"Don't call me that!" She mentally facepalmed hearing the silly nickname he always call her, "and stop following me! I don't know how many time I have to tell you that."

"But we have the same class together don't we? I'm just heading the same way as you." He cheekily smiled at her.

"I'm not heading to class yet."

"Oh, pfft- did I say I was heading to class?" He lets out a small laugh, "I meant the library. Silly me."

Minyoung sighed, "Whatever you say, Kai..."

Without another spare glance, she turned around and start walking as fast as she could butsince Kai's an athlete he's faster. Just as they reached the stairs, two girls were busy talking at the edges caught Minyoung's attention as a plan pops into her head.

She made her way towards the two girls.

 

"Yeah, i know right. That biology test was sooooo hard, I could barely answer it all."

"Good thing I studied a few chapters before that test."

"Hey, hey, Halla! Look who's heading our way," The girl who has her name tag on the right side of her coat's pocket that says 'Cheon Jae In' poked her best friend, Halla's arm.

"What is it?" Halla turned to the direction her friend Jaein was looking at, "Omo! Isn't that Minyoung sunbae?"

"Oh, oh! Look! Even Kai oppa is here," Jaein clinged on to her best friend's arm, letting out a dreamy sigh.

"Yah!" Lightly, Halla slapped her friend's hand, "Stop that! Don't you remember that those two sunbae are going out? You better not act like that in front of Minyoung sunbae!"

Jaein nodded.

The two greeted Minyoung when she suddenly stopped in front of them, receiving a small nod. "Can you two help me?"

"Yes, yes. Of course sunbae! Is there anything you need?" 

"Nothing much, just..." Minyoung took a small glimpse at her back as the two girls followed as well, they watched as Kai tiptoed on his toes trying to see what they were doing. She rolled her eyes before turning back her attention to the two girls standing in front of her, "help me distract him."

"Ehh?" They harmonized, looking at each other confused. "Urmm, can you excuse us for a moment sunbae?"

Jaein pulled Halla by her arm, moving a bit further from the two pair.

"Yah! What do you think is going on?" Jaein whispered.

Halla shrugged, "I don't know but somehow it seems like... they're in a fight?"

"Really? Well, I think so too. Just, look at them."

They turned their heads at the couple for a short while before looking back at each other, "they're deffinitely in a fight."

"Uhm, well, it's probably Kai's fault in this situation."

"Why do you say that?" Halla wiggled an eyebrow.

"Haven't you heard? Kai's a casanova and how Minyoung and Kai dated was because he was dared by Chanyeol sunbae. Minyoung probably found out about that so she's upset."

"Poor Minyoung sunbae, we should help her. In situations like this, we need some alone time to think of what to do with our relationship. Probably, this is the reason why Minyoung sunbae wants our help."

"I agree!" Jaein nodded.

Minyoung wondered whether those girls realized that she could hear them with their loud voices. Those girls really need some lesson of how to keep their voices down.

The two girls quickly ran back to Minyoung with a pityful look on their face, "Minyoung sunbae! We'll help you out!"

She sighed, "Make sure to distract him until I'm out of sight."

"Yes, ma'am!" The pair saluted with two fingers before they headed towards Kai's direction.

Minyoung watch as they tried to get Kai's attention from her, "They're loud, but kinda useful."

 

Impatiently waiting for the three girls to finish their girls' talk, Kai tried his best to see what they were doing but he couldn't see everything much.

He saw  the two girls finally walked away from her and thought that it was time to approach her but instead they surrounded him, avoiding him from going after Minyoung.

"Kai sunbae! We have something to tell you."

"It's very urgent!"

"Can we discuss about it some other time?"  Kai asked them, looking at Minyoung who walked away from the current place and vanishes through the walls.

"But this is very very very urgent."

Damn it, these girls are distracting me and now Minyoung's out of sight.

"It's a problem about the upcoming finals!"

"And we really really need your help!"

"Please sunbae! We need your help!"

"I'm sorry girls, but I have other things to do." He told them coldly before quickly running away.

"B-but sunbae! Sunbae! Please help us! Sunbae come back!"

"Oh no, he's going after her! Now what?" Jaein shooked Halla's arm aggressively.

"Well, at least Minyoung sunbae was quick enough to disapear before he could chase after her. I think we did it."

"Really?" "Yup." The two best friend hi-fived each other.

 

 

"Urgh!" A small groan came from Kai as he grumpily made his way to his table and slumped himself on his seat harshly. He dragged his arms on top of his desk, hiding his head in his arms.

Baekhyun whistled, "Someone seems depressed."

"You okay man?" Suho asked, concerned about his best friend's frustration. "What do you think?"

"It's probaby another Minyoung problem," Chanyeol yawned, resting his elbow on his desk as he laid his head in his palm.

Kai revealed his face, squinting his eyes at Chanyeol, "What do you mean by that?"

The giant shrugged, "What else could it be? It's always been about Minyoung lately."

"True." Baekhyun agreed. Kai glared at both of them while Suho just ended up rolling his eyes.

"Speaking about Minyoung, you usually enter class with her-" "More like following after her."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun highfived each other knowing that they've hit the target.

Ignoring the two idiots, Kai disappointedly answered Suho, "I lost her when we were heading to the cafeteria. Some girl suddenly came and blocked my way, they were distracting me and so I lost Minyoung."

Baekhyun clicked his tongue, "You sound like a mother who lost her kids."

Chanyeol snorted.

Suho shooked his head, "Look, relax. She's gonna enter class soon, it's not like she's gone missing from the world."

"No! You don't understand! I- I feel empty without her by my side. A minute- no, a second without her by my side can make me go insane! This-" Kai stops abruptly, throwing his arms above his head, "...this has never happened to me before in my entire life!!"

"Girls chase after me not the other way around!"

"Well, it seems like the world has finally make you walk the other way around."

"Can you shut-" He was about to warn Chanyeol but his words got stucked in his throat as a familiar girl entered the classroom. Kai had his eyes glued to her, watching her make her way to her seat next to the windows.

"Kai?" Chanyeol's hand waved in front of the boy who was busy starring at the girl sitting right beside the window, "Yo, Kai?"

"Wow! He must have let himself fell for that ice girl too hard." Baekhyun scoffed, "Kai, snap out of it!"

Kai scowled feeling a very pain sting on the back of his head, rubbing the pain spot as he turns his head to glare at the person who cost him the pain.

"Your welcome." Baekhyun gave him a mocking smile.

Suho shook his head before turning back to the front just as the teacher entered the classroom, everyone quickly ran to their seats.

"Alright, class. Get in your seats quickly, we'll start today's lesson."

While the teacher was busy looking for something in her handbag, Kai took the chance to get a short look on Minyoung.

Minyoung let out a small huff, she turned her head and accidentally her eyes met with a person who was looking at her. Kai smiled and waved his hand at her. She only looked at him for a good 5 seconds and then turned her head to the front looking at the board.

She laid her elbow on her desk proceeding with resting her chin in her palm,

"When is that guy ever going to give up?"

 

The school bell rang, alarming the students that it's finally time to head home. Minyoung quickly grabbed her bag and wrapped the straps around her shoulders. She headed out of the classroom.

"Did you see that man? He was hilarious like who even wears those kind of things now?" Chanyeol laughed his whole heart out remembering each parts of Baekhyun's story.

"I have to admit, that dude totally has no style." Suho snorted.

"Hey, do you guys still remember Yifan?"

"Which one? Is it the one that always goes like "that's not my style" or is it Wu Yifan from middle school?"

"Aren't those the same person?"

"Oh, yeah, right." Baekhyun smacked the back of the taller latter's head. "Ouch!"

"You deserved it for being dumb." Chanyeol pouted.

Kai rolled his eyes with a grin on his face.

"Hey, Kai!" Suho nudged his arm, pointing at someone who was making her way out of the class. Kai's eyes followed his finger, just as he saw who he was pointing at quickly he grabbed his stuffs and stood from his seat.

"I gotta go guys, see you tomorrow!"

The group watches as their best friend vanishes through the classroom's door in a blink of an eye.

"Is he chasing after Minyoung again?"

"Seems like it." Suho shrugged.

Chanyeol shook his head, "he's trying to hard."

"We really need to get him a love expert who can help him out."

"Wasn't he declared as the love expert around here?"

"Used to Chanyeol, used to..." Baekhyun patted his taller friend's shoulder.

 

"Minyoung!"

Oh no, not him again...

Minyoung stopped and turned around, "What now?"

Kai was running after her but right when she turned to look at him, he frozed on his spot a few meters away from her.

"I-I just wanted to... urmm... well,"

If another person other then Minyoung was here right now, they'd be suprise to see a fidgeting Kai the so called 'cool guy'.

"Can you please get to the point-"

"Willyoupleasegooutwithme?"

There was a long silence for a moment, Minyoung had no idea what he just said. He was saying it too fast that she couldnt catch up with his words while Kai on the other hand had his eyes shut tightly, hands interwined behind his back and nervously sweating.

"What?"

Kai sighed, "will you please go out with me?"

Actually, this isn't his first confession. It's the 61's confession he had tried for 2 months. Yet, he's still nervous every time he tries to ask her out. He wasn't that nervous on his first try because he thought that he probably would be accepted that easily but boy was he wrong.

"No."

Like the first rejection, this is Kai's 61's rejection.

 


oh my god, minyoung you're soooooooo cold! anyways, hey guyss im back : D sorry for the really really really late updates.but i won't be doing fast updates, for now i would like to focus on searching for joy so to all the TMG and HBG readers. i apologize but i will postpone those fanfics for awhile because i don't think can update as much everyday especially with school and my family really likes travelling and all so we go out often and i don't have time to be staying at home updating my fics. i'll make a notice later for those other fanfics. for now, i'll be updating SFJ. once it's finally over i will start updating my other fanfics. im so sorry readers ur authornim is a very busy person cries cries ;   ; i don't wanna write too long notices so have a nice day everyone o///

 

*p.s i have't re-read so i apologize for any spelling errors and grammar mistakes 

*p.s.s. if you ever see me double update without any chapter, then it means that i was doing an editting process. thanks:)