one

Searching for Joy

red velvet - something kinda crazy


Adjusting the final touches of her tie. Minyoung checked her school appearance in the mirror for the last time before grabbing her bag and deciding to leave. Mr. Lee, the chauffeur, was already waiting for her outside the gates with the grand car. She puts on her shoes and made her way into the transport.

"Good morning, Minyoung!"

"Morning to you, Mr. Lee!" She greeted back, taking off her bag and laid it beside her.

"How was your morning?" Just as the question left his non-stop smiling lips, he pulled the gear knob and drives them to school.

Minyoung shrugged, "As usual, I guess?"

"Nothing?" "Nothing."

A small chuckle was heared by the the elder as he kept his eyes focused on the main road, "There's nothing really to expect from you, huh?"

"Well, my elementry teacher once told me that 'impossible could become possible' but I'd like to keep the impossible for now."

He raised both of his eyebrows as his smile crawled wider, "Your words never fail to amaze me."

There was a moment of silence, Mr. Lee focuses on the road and Minyoung laid her head on the window watching as the car pass by the housing areas. Just as they pass by one familiar house;

"Mr. Lee..."

"Yes, Minyoung?" He answered, stealing a few glances at her through the back view mirror.

"How's your daughter been?"

"She's been doing fine," It's not quite a suprise when Minyoung asked about Haemi, his little girl. He would usually talk about Haemi to Minyoung while he's driving, he've once showed her picture through his phone whenever Minyoung wants to see how she looks like, "it's her birthday today."

Once she heard those words from Mr Lee, she abruptly straightened her posture and asked him again, "You're not taking a day off to celebrate her birthday just for today?"

"No, I can't do that. Besides, Mr. Park has a meeting later this afternoon and Mrs. Park has a reunion meeting to attend in the evening. Also, who's gonna send you to school if I take a day off today?" He sighed.

Minyoung squished her lips together, she reached for her purse in her school blazer's pocket. She opened her purse and took out a few money before hitting the back of the driver's seat, "Stop the car!"

The sudden pressure suprised him as he harshly pushed on the breaks. Minyoung took hold on one of his hands and placed the money into his grasp, "Here, Mr. Lee."

"Minyoung- what's this for?" He asked, staring at the money for awhile before looking at the girl with a confused expression.

"I'm giving you a day off today. Use that to spend time with your daughter... and this car too," She answered as she wears her bag and exits the car, "have a nice day, Mr. Lee!"

"Minyoung! Wait-" Just as the girl walks out of the car, he watches as she walked down the streets. Quickly, he pulled down the car's window and stick his head out.

"Thank you very much, Minyoung! And have a nice day to you too!" He shouted, receiving a wave from her as she keeps on walking forward.

He pulled back his head inside and looks at the money for awhile, smiling even wider than usual. After he keeps the money into his pocket, he rode off.

Minyoung stopped on her tracks as she turned around to look at the back view of the car as it rode off.

"I forgot to say 'happy birthday' for Haemi."

She shrugged, continuing her tracks again. Minyoung looked around as she observed each houses she pass by. She abruptly stopped in front of a new looking house in the area, "Wasn't this house under construction before?"

While busy observing the new house, an old woman approached her with a welcoming smile.

"Are you looking for someone, dear?" She politely asked, tilting her head a bit to get a good look of the unfamiliar girl standing in front of her house.

Minyoung turned and looked at the elder who was smiling at her, she shooked her head. "No, not at all. I just stopped by to look at your house, it's very beautiful."

"Why, thank you!" A smile of appreciation was shown on the old lady's face as her face wrinkled under her eyes.

She politely bowed at the old lady before standing up straight, "Hello, Mrs..?"

"I'm Mrs. Oh, but do call me grandma as you please." Nodding, she turns back her attention to the house in front of them.

"Do you live in this neighbourhood too?" Minyoung nods, "I live not far away from here. Are you new here, grandma?"

Mrs. Oh nods, "Yes, I just moved here. And so will my grandson."

"You're living here with your grandson?" Mrs. Oh hummed.

"He should arrive in Seoul by now, he used to live with his parents in US."

"I see. Has it been long since you last met him?"

"Yes, it's been about 7 years now. I bet he has grown alot that I could barely recognize him."

She giggled before turning her head to look at Minyoung, she looked down at her school's badge on her uniform.

"You go to Seoul High?"

"Huh?" Minyoung glanced at her before looking down to her uniform, "Ah, yes! It's actually my last year. I'll be graduating high school next year."

"Really? My grandson will be moving to Seoul High soon and it's his last year too! So you'll be meeting my grandson soon. Amazing! Do take care of my grandson please!" 

"Oh, yes! Ofcourse! I'll be happy to be friends with your grandson." Not really.

"That's nice! My grandson getting new a friend on his first day of school." I don't think so.

"I hope both of you will be really great friends!" I'm sorry, grandma. But, that's not gonna happen.

About Minyoung, she isn't really the social type or neither the type who likes to talk much. It's very rare to see her talk in school, the people she mostly converse with in school are probably her teachers. Minyoung is a very quiet person but outside of school, she's someone who's good with words and easy to talk with elder people, like this old lady she's talking to right now. Her parents taught her to respect the elder people and to speak politely to them. She's fine talking with people around her age but that's only when her family was invited to some business parties and her parents forced her to meet new friends. Oh, and she's also good with kids.

"I hope so too," she glanced at her watch as it reads; 7:45 am, "Grandma, it seems like I have to go to school now."

Mrs. Oh frowned, "Oh really? I guess we'll have to talk again another day."

Minyoung nods, "I'll promise to visit again. It was nice to meet you, grandma. Have a nice day!"

"Yes, yes, you too! Don't forget to visit again!"

They both waved eachother goodbye before Minyoung walked away to school. Mrs. Oh watched as Minyoung's back figure slowly becomes smaller and smaller.

"Such a nice girl," A smile appeared on her face.

Right after Minyoung was nowhere in her view, she looked down at her watch and sigh. "He should have arrived by now."

 

 

exo - tender love

 

Seoul's Main Airport.

After picking up his bags, he then proceeds to the airport's waiting area. He walks with his right hand on his phone while the other one pulling the travelling bag, he had black sunglasses on and his pair of earbuds stick to his ears. He moved his attention from his phone to his surroundings, his eyes observed the people who were holding borders with different names on it. 

Oh Sehun, Oh Sehun, Oh Sehun- Ah!

Just when he found the border with his name on it, Sehun took off his black sunglasses with a smile on his face. "Mr. Han!!"

He opened his arms widely, approaching his chauffeur and giving him a friendly hug. "How've you been man?!"

Mr. Han... well- he did nothing but stood there like a soldier. Some people might have thought that Sehun was hugging a statue.

Right after he let go, Sehun lightly squizzed his arms and gave it a friendly pat, "Still not talking I see?"

Without wasting anymore time; "It's time to go now, sir." Mr. Han grabbed his travelling bag and led the way to the parking lot.

Sehun chuckled, "Still boring as always."

 

 

It was quiet in the car, Sehun shaked his leg as if it could get rid of the boredom. He stopped shaking it and took out his phone, checking his emails and other social nets but found none. He threw his phone beside him, "Urgh!"

A sigh left his lips as he lay back on his seat. Just then an idea popped out of his head as he took a glance at the driver's back view.

"Mr. Han! Do you still remember what i told you 7 years ago? About what you have to say whenever I ask you something?" He smiled cheekily.

 

"Mr. Han! Every time I ask you something, you must always answer 'yes, sir!", alright?"

 

Mr. Han sighed, he focused on the main road before answering, "Yes, sir..."

Sehun hold back his laugh with his fist. He cleared his throat and moved his hair away from his view, "Very good."

"Did you miss me while I was gone, Mr. Han?"

"Yes, sir..."

"Ah~ I knew you did. I'm very touched. I bet you've dreamt about me a lot, am I right?"

"Yes, sir..."

"You must really really really miss me, Mr. Han?"

"Yes, sir..."

Sehun couldn't hold it back any longer, his laughter echoed inside the car as Mr. Han rolled his eyes. Poor old guy.

His laugh slowed down feeling his phone vibrating, he wiped away his tears before answering the call.

"Y-yes, hello?" Sehun accidentally chortled.

"Sehun!!" A loud voice was heard from the other line.

"Hey! Suho! What's up, man?!"

"Nothing much, bro!" Suho chuckled, "How about you?"

"I'm doing good, just arrived at Seoul."

From the other line.

Suho nodded as if Sehun could see him. "I see."

Baekhyun patted his shoulder to steal his attention, "Yah! Do a video call, so we could all talk to him."

"Yeah," Chanyeol voiced out.

"Alright, alright! Hold on." Suho turned from voice call to a video call. He stick out his arms higher so Sehun could view all of them, "Can you see all of us?"

"Yup!" Sehun nodded as he moved his phone in front of his face.

"SEHUN! HI! SEHUN, CAN YOU SEE ME?" It was Baekhyun and Chanyeol, they were both trying their best to be in Sehun's view.

He chuckled, "Yeah, I can see you guys."

"HOW ABOUT ME?!" Baekhyun slapped the back of Chanyeol's head, "He can see and hear you clearly, you loud giant."

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his head, pouting. Sehun laughed.

"Yah! Sehun, are you back yet? I've missed you." Baekhyun asked.

"And me too!" Chanyeol said receving a glare from Baekhyun.

He nodded, "Yup! I'm on my way back to grandma's house."

"Did your grandma moved to a new house?" 

Sehun hummed, "She just moved in today."

"Ah~ Don't forget to send us your new house address later."

"Sure, thing! Hey! Are you guys in school right now?"

"Yeah, we're actually in class right now. Don't be suprise but we actually came in quite early today."

"How to not be suprised?"

Suho snorted, "I always come early."

"I know. I was suprised about the two of them."

"Hey~" Baekhyun and Chanyeol both sang.

Counting the boys, he realized that someone was missing from the picture. "Where's Kai?"

"Kai?" All three of them looked at each other, it was already obvious to them...

 

7:50 a.m.

 

It has been almost a half an hour, yet Minyoung was nowhere at sight. Kai walked back and forth, kicking a few pebbles as he waited for her at the school gates. Stealing a few glances at his wristwatch. A sigh escaped his pair of lips, "Is she not attending school today?"

Kai ruffled his hair as he harshly kicked the pebbles. He looked up and saw a familiar figure making her way to the school, he squinted his eyes to get a better look. His eyes widened as a bright a smile crawled upon his lips, "It's Minyoung!"

Quickly, Kai adjusted his hair and attires neatly.

 

Minyoung finally arrived at the school's main entrance, she let out a relieved sigh as she made it to school. She was about to pass through the gates when someone decided to block her way, slowly tilting her head up. Her view was met with a rather tan boy who was smiling at her.

"Morning, Minyoung!" Kai waved his hand at her, "You're late then usual today?"

Minyoung huffed, blowing away the strands of hair from her view, "Yeah, I had to walk here."

"Oh, I see." Kai nodded, scratching the back of his head shyly. Not wanting to waste anymore time standing outside of the gates, she walked pass by Kai.

Kai was a bit suprise when he realized that the girl wasn't standing in front of him anymore. He turned around and saw Minyoung walking inside the school's building. "H-hey! Minyoung!"

Quickly, he ran after her and slowed down his pace when he reached over by her side.

 

Suho, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were observing them from the class glass windows. Baekhyun was first to break the silence by clicking his tongue, "As I thought, he went to wait for Minyoung in front of the gates."

"He does that everyday. Man, that guy is hopeless." Chanyeol shook his head as he watch Kai trying his best to get Minyoung's attention.

Baekhyun squinted at the giant beside him, "Well, it's your fault. If you didn't bet with Kai to get the most heartless girl in school to fall in love with him, he wouldn't be waiting for her in front of the school's main gates every morning."

"Hey, the bet had already ended for like about a month ago. Also, I told him to make her fall in love with him, not the other way around." Chanyeol defended himself.

"Still, it was your stupid idea!" Baekhyun spread his arms in the air before pointing at the two pair, "Now look what this got him into,"

Chanyeol shrugged, "Well, look at the bright side. At least he won't be trying to steal anymore girls I'm into."

Baekhyun facepalmed.

Suho shooked his head, "Come on, guys! Let's all be happy that Kai finally found someone who he actually really have feelings on rather then fooling around with other girls heart."

Chanyeol poked out his tongue as Baekhyun sent him a death glare, "Still, don't you get it Suho? Minyoung is like the most heartless person in school, her heart is practically made out of ice. It's quite- very impossible to melt a heart like her's?"

"Hrmmm," Suho watched as Minyoung shoo-ed Kai away before walking to a different place with Kai stubbornly followed behind her, "He'll find away. Minyoung's cold heart would have to melt sooner or later..."

 

Besides, it was Kai, the school's casanova they were talking about.