No Light Perception And Woman Behind The Mask

Doppelgänger

Siwon, who just left Kwon Mansion didn't go straight to the headquarter of Crystal Beasts where he lives. Instead, he arrived in front of a white building, with three flag poles in the middle of the building, one has a South Korean symbol on it, while the other two were blue flags. There's a banner that says "Welcome To Seoul National Hospital". Siwon looked at the tall building and sighed, he's about to meet someone he dear for the rest of his life, someone who's worth of his own life, to be exact, one of the reason he stayed alive until now.

 

Within the hospital, Siwon bowed to every nurse he met, and greet every doctor he sighted. They knew Siwon as Siwon knew who they are, in their eyes, Siwon was a great guest and it's pleasure to have him around the hospital. One could not tell if they saw the same Siwon who entered Kwon Mansion arrogantly and full of lies, are the same person who bowed with respect  to all people inside here, if they see it, they might think this place contains spirits of good that possesed him. Siwon still talk smally, but when he does, he said everything with a smile on his face, trying to show how grateful he was for what this place has done, to him and his family member.

 

He stopped his exploration and paused in front of the patient room number 201, which was located on the second floor. He knocked the door lightly, and there's a young woman with glasses in nurse uniform came out. Siwon's face become delighted upon the figure that showed up. "Siwon, what a pleasure to see you." she said kindly, Siwon bowed at her respectfully in return.

 

"Nurse Song, how's she? She eats well, right?" Siwon questioned the patient inside the room, Nurse Song replied with shook of her head, Siwon's pleasant expression disappeared over the answer Nurse Song gave to him.

 

"She refuses to eat, she's still afraid thinking of the upcoming operation. I tried my best to encourage her but.." Nurse Song stopped, she realized Siwon has been staring at the ground sadly. "I will leave the rest to you Siwon, if I can think of one person who could help her, there's no other than you." Nurse Song encouraged Siwon, the person she favored to see. Siwon held his head high and try to cheer up Nurse Song this time.

 

"Cheer up Nurse Song! It's not your fault that she's like this, we have to understand her position too as a patient that will face her hardest trial of life, I will do my best when I see her. You have done more than you could do and I'm grateful for it. Gomawayo, Nurse Song." Nurse Song smiled weakly at Siwon, this wasn't the first time Siwon bring her up and believed that someone appreciated her hard work as a nurse. Nurse Song walked slowly away from Siwon, now it's Siwon and the person inside alone. He exhaled a deep breath and lowered the handle of the door, eventually entering the room.

 

"Oppa, is that you?" asked a girl A who was sitting upright in the patient's bed.  she has brown long hair, the person Yoona witnessed in a picture. However, there's a difference between the picture and herself right now. Her eyeballs weren't pure black in the middle, it was getting white, her pupils' color are fusing with their outer area. Also, she didn't look at Siwon the moment he entered the room, she responded through the sound of creaking door, she still stared blankly at the wall like before Siwon came in. She wished to see Siwon more than everythign but she couldn't, she was on the verge of total blindness. 

 

 

"Yes, Sooyoung. Oppa's here. How are you feeling before the operation?"  Siwon sat on the chair that Nurse Song used to take care of the blind young girl, Choi Sooyoung, Choi Siwon's little sister. Siwon held Sooyoung's shaking hand. He tried to calm her down by putting his right hand on top of her hand. 

 

"Never been worse...it scares me to death, even just thinking about it..." Sooyoung said pessimisticly, Siwon smile faded away, he thought time had done its job to release all the fear inside Sooyoung of the operation that could make her see him again. Siwon has heard from Nurse Song about Sooyoung's feeling was in its worst state that she even refuse to eat, but he never thought it would be this bad.

 

"Come on, this operation could give you your light back which you have lost long time ago. Don't you at least should feel happy or confident about it?" Siwon requested half-heartedly, as much as he could tell, there's no such thing as a 100 % surely suceed operation and he's not the right person to tell. He gripped Sooyoung's hand that kept shaking.

 

"I'm afraid Oppa...what if I don't make it to see you again? Thinking of it kills me already...I'm afraid Oppa.." Sooyoung's tears dripped from her cheek, Siwon washed off her tears that kept running down from her blind eyes. He  pulled Sooyoung's right shoulder and made her lean on him. 

 

"Then don't be, you know that kind of thought will only injure you more before your fight is even started. I know you're struggling at this moment, that's why I'm here to help you. You've been hanging out in darkness too long, try to think positive, Sooyoung..Oppa is worried enough of the operation, must you weigh my burden more by making me worried about you? Don't be scared, Siwon Oppa will always be there to help you out, and most of all, only you can handle your feelings, I can only support from your back. Now smile for me." 

 

Sooyoung sighed, she wanted to defeat this fear badly, the fear of something that could decide whether she can see her Oppa again or not, a matter that's equal to life or death bussiness. Sooyoung tried to form a weak smile, doing her best to not let her Oppa down.

 

"There, that's my good girl, the Choi Sooyoung that I know will always smile no matter what circumstances she's dealing. In no time, you'll be the..." Siwon silenced when he found out that he lost his wallet that suppose to be in his pants' pocket, the only thing that's inside is his cellphone. That wallet contained a picture of Sooyoung that still has her very eyes back, Sooyoung before she really lost her light perception.  Siwon looked at that picture everyday and always dream of the younger girl looking at him with her beautiful eye smile.

 

Sooyoung felt Siwon's strange movements sound and wondered. "Oppa, Gwenchana? You sound like in a hurry."

 

Siwon stopped searching for his wallet and  responded to Sooyoung's question. "I'm not, why should I be in a hurry while I can spend my time as much as I like?" Siwon hid his true intention, he kept memorizing places he went before he got to the hospital, where he might drop his wallet accidentally, out of all places, he could only think of Kwon Mansion since he just lost it. Siwon knocked his head lightly, why there? Why he should left that precious thing in a house that has a fussy resident namely Kwon Yuri? He cursed himself. He planned to go back there but not this fast, who knows what his 'new friend' up to with that thing, if he could go now, he would, but he didn't have the heart to leave Sooyoung like this.

 

"Sooyoung, try to catch a sleep. You must be tired waiting for me for a whole day." Siwon encouraged Sooyoung so he could make his way to search that wallet. He couldn't stand the fact of losing a priceless item and he just stay here and doing nothing about it. 

 

"Are you going to leave again?" Sooyoung questioned with a long face. just  then she felt comfortable with Siwon around. Now she has to be lonely again in her white silent room. Maybe Siwon was her only supporting personnel that understands her. 

 

"Yes, won't take too long though, I'll ask Nurse Song to take care of you." Siwon stood up from his chair.

 

"You know that I've been waiting for you a whole day..I missed you Oppa..must you go that fast? Can't you stay for a while?" Sooyoung tighten her grip of Siwon's hand that she held from the very beginning and managed to stop him, Siwon slowly put his other hand to release himself from Sooyoung.

 

"I missed you too...just keep me close in your dreams." Siwon Sooyoung's cheek and lay her body on the bed. He laid a chaste kiss on her forehead. Siwon walked apart from Sooyoung, turned off the light in the room and got out from that small space. The blind girl closed her eyes, she sighed, she wished nothing more than spending longer moment with her Oppa. SInce she got into the hospital, her Oppa spent a lesser time with her although he never missed a day to visit. Despite the 2 years difference between them, sometimes Sooyoung loved being spoiled by Siwon, while Siwon himself thought he has to fill the void their parents left, took the role as head of the family.

 

Once Siwon got out, he sighed in relieve and leaned on the white wall. He closed his eyes and think...will this operation bring an end to Sooyoung's endless suffering? This operation was meant for bring Sooyoung's vision back to life, the girl's sight has been problematic from the day she was born, due to the hardship that Siwon and Sooyoung's life experienced, it was only a matter of time that Sooyoung would become totally blind. Now, she suffered NLP (No Light Perception) disease where she couldn't see anything at all, luckily, her eyes could go back to normal again if she is operated with a high technology. Sooyoung's blindness was one of hundred reasons why Siwon joined Crystal Beasts, to bring a fortune to afford Sooyoung's operation bill. It was all for the sake, of his little sister.

 

"Just wait a little bit, Sooyoung, Siwon Oppa promise to bring your light back..."


 

The next day, all members of Kwon Family are getting ready to go, they picked up the nicest clothes they have to attend a sacred moment of their family, it's the day that everyone has been waiting for except for Ji Yong. Yes, this is the day where Ji Yong will get the honor the become the chairman of Kwon Company, a chairman of Asia's leading association.

 

Today's event is the ceremony of the company's handover, which means people in suits, officials and money experts will gather in a same space talking about the future of this enterprise, the very thing that Ji Yong hated since he was a kid, a party of rich snoobs, he always said.

 

"Oppa, stop being so complicated! Now hold still~This is the consequences you hang out with those puny friends of yours, you don't even know how you suppose dress formally." Yoona said while trying to tidy Ji Yong's black tie. The way Ji Yong put his tie irritated Yoona at the first place, if he should attend a school, then it would be a school of  dress.

 

"Let me handle it...don't address me as if I'm a baby who couldn't do nothing, Yoona. I know how to dress myself." Ji Yong groaned, it's the day he should get the highest honor but before he get that, he received the first pubic in the morning, being dressed by  his little sister, reporters would fly in happiness if they see this, 'The Kwon Company chairman couldn't set his own tie correctly himself'.

 

"You are a big baby after all, you can't get off from your little sister's watch, scolded by Umma almost all the time, there's no better description for someone as old as you as a big baby. Sure, you know how to dress, but you don't know how to dress properly, there's a wide difference there." Yoona lectured. She continued  to fix Ji Yong's tie while her Oppa couldn't say a thing in defense. Rather than hearing his Umma's scolding later on, his dongsaeng's lecture is much more comfortable. 

 

"There! All done, it isn't that hard is it? Lucky I found you wearing this piece strangely before Umma does, We'll be late for sure if she did." Yoona spruced every part of Ji Yong's clothes that are uncomfortable for her to see. Just then, Mrs. Kwon entered Ji Yong's room to examine how is he doing. 

 

"Are you all set?" her two kids nodded at her, signing that they're ready for the upcoming ceremony. Mrs. Kwon circled around Ji Yong, inspected every inch of Ji Yong's clothes like a fashion editor. Yoona winked at Ji Yong secretly while their mother didn't see, she has dressed Ji Yong the way that would convince Mrs. Kwon. Usually, if things didn't go the way Mrs. Kwon wanted, she would order her children to pick up another clothes that she favored. In this case, Ji Yong always gets wrong from time to time.

 

"Why, today you look exceptional, Kwon Ji Yong. It's rare that I don't have to pick another garments for you.Okay, you're good to go, you look great as always, Yoona. I guess there isn't anything to change." Mrs. Kwon complimented, Ji Yong and Yoona grinned widely at each other, they sure made a great team this time.

 

Mrs. Kwon stepped closer to Ji Yong and placed both of her hands on Ji Yong's shoulder. "I'm so proud of you my boy, although the way you received this position was tragic, I'm glad I picked you over everybody else. I know you'll be able to do it as excel as your Appa did. Make your parents proud of you, proof that you're not just the son of Kwon Yu Jin for nothing." Mrs. Kwon went over and hugged Ji Yong with care, this is the Mrs. Kwon that Ji Yong was missing since she lost Mr. Kwon from her side. Yoona couldn't help but to release little tears of emotion upon the scenery she watched.

 

"I'll do what I can, I will not fail you, Umma. Sorry if I'm being troublesome lately, you know me better than I know myself." Ji Yong confessed his fault to his mother. 

 

"I'm sure you won't. Now let's get down, our ride is waiting."  Mrs. Kwon released Ji Yong and tapped his shoulder. Mrs. Kwon picked up the pace to downstairs, Yoona pecked Ji Yong's cheek lovingly, gave him the prize of winning her Umma's heart. She felt proud that their relationship was getting better. Ji Yong thanked Yoona embarrasingly, he scrathed the back of his neck before he let out that small word. 

 

"Gomawoyo, Yoona."


 

The enormous glass building that scorched the sky managed to made Ji Yong gulped and unconfident, he has arrived here many times with his family but no more than just family guests of his father, now it has to change, what's inside this building will up to Ji Yong's hand, he's the one who will be the control tower of this gigantic company.  He supposed his guests that he will have to greet one by one have already inside the building, large number of cars were parked in the parking lot. Signs that are saying 'Congratulations Kwon Ji Yong' were scattered everywhere in front of the building.

 

"Chairman Kwon, we've been expecting you." numbers of people from staffs to guards bowed at Ji Yong at the same time, he felt awkward and replied with a small  bow to them. "Your guests are inside the main hall, they're waiting for your arrival." the man showed the door to mainhall for his new chairman, Ji Yong gulped his saliva once again, behind that door, countless of people are there for him. He exhaled his breath deeply and opened the door.

 

Yoona and Ji Yong's mouth formed a letter "O" upon the view they saw and their pupils widen, they've never so many people in one room. They rubbed their eyes continously, checking if their eyes deceive them, but no matter how many times they blinked, sea of people was still there, holding foods and drinks. They enjoyed their meal by having conversation with each other. 

 

"Hey, no time to be surprised kids. Ji Yong, up on the stage, say a word or two to these people." Ji Yong got shocked by the sudden command his mother gave. He went all the way here just to say hello to everybody and nothing more than that, he would like to keep it low. He grumbled in his walk to the stage. He exhaled a deep breath again, his heart beats faster to see him in front of so many people. 

 

"Ahem, may I have your attention, please? My name is Kwon Ji Yong, the eldest son of the last president Kwon Yu Jin. You know why I'm standing here on this stage, but for you who don't know, I'll tell you my reason. I'm here to authorized my position as the chairman of Kwon Company. I'm pleased that you're all here to congratulate me and attend this event that would change my life greatly. As the new chairman, I will do my best to answer your prayers to this company. I will be as good..no, I will surpass my father and continue his will to make Kwon Company as Asia's leading company forever. Thank you for listening and I hope you enjoy this ceremony." The room was soon filled with thunderous claps. Ji Yong left the stage with a relieved sigh, finally he has done it. His tired expression turned  happier when he saw his little sister clappped the hardest, at least she was proud of him, that's what matter's most.

 

Attendants continued  to do the activities they left for a moment because they listened to Ji Yong's speech carefully. Mrs. Kwon, Ji Yong, and Yoona scattered around the room to introduce themselves or striked a conversation with others, in this case, Mrs. Kwon was surrounded by guests most.

 

Yoona kept removing her sweat, although the main hall was filled with dozens of air conditioners, she didn't have the capability to stand a room that only provided small space for her to breath. Her eyes dazed and soon, spinning around, just when she's about to fall from exhaustion. Ji Yong catched her at the right moment.

 

"Yoona! Gwenchana?! You don't look so healthy, rest a bit in my office. I don't think you can handle this anymore.." Ji Yong said worriedly. His brows wrinkled looking at his little sister who was in a weak condition.

 

"I'm..I'm fine, Oppa. I want to to the bathroom for a second." Yoona broke through sea of people and find her way to the bathroom. She washed her face over and over again to wash a tired face off her, then she realized  her hands were trembling hardly, it took a minute to stop the trembling.

 

"Whew..Yuri..You have to be strong, this isn't nothing compared to what Unnie has overcome."  she talked to the mirror like she was the real Yuri. Her eyes have dark circles that she couldn't hide, her eyes spinned again and she lost her balance, lucky someone was there to save her again, this time it was a girl who was in the bathroom too.

 

"Oh! Miss, are you all right? You looked very terrible!"  asked a young girl at her age. Yoona's vision needed time to recover to she who the girl was, once she felt a little better. She saw a beautiful lady holding her from falling, her hair was brown and she was wearing a blue dress with motive of flowers. 

 

"Ne...thanks for helping me out, agasshi." Yoona tried to get a hold of herself and released herself from the young lady's  hands.  

 

 

"Nice to meet you, the name's Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, but you can call me Tiffany. Please treat me well." she introduced herself kindly to Yoona.

 

"My name is Kwon Yuri, nice to meet you too, Miss Hwang. I'm sure we'll get along well. Um..are you one of the staff of Kwon Company or guests? Sorry if I'm being rude and all, hehe." Yoona asked timidly, she didn't want to offend whether she's a staff or a guest, it won't make a difference to Yoona. She just wanted to make sure who she is so she knows how to communicate with Tiffany rightly.

 

"That's okay, I don't mind at all. Actually, I'm an uninvited guest to be honest, I'm just accompanying my father here so he won't be so lonely. Now, my turn to apologize if I'm wrong but..are you the young lady of Kwon Company? The daughter of the last president Kwon Yu Jin?" TIffany questioned Yoona identity this time, Yoona nodded at her, she didn't want to expose herself excessively in public.

 

"I see, then you might know my father. He was one of your father's best friend, he always boast to me about their close relationship. Let's go out, it isn't too nice to talk here don't you think? Our family might be looking for us too." Yoona followed her opinion and exited the women's bathroom together. Yoona sighted her Oppa running towards her in a hurry once he spotted her.

 

"Yoo..ri! Were you in the bathroom all the time? Boy, I sure have wasted energy trying to look for you here and there. What took you so long? " Ji Yong changed his call when he realized Tiffany's presence beside Yoona. Tiffany giggled a little seeing Yoona embarrased being treated like a child by Ji Yong. Yoona bit her lower lip while looking at Tiffany's giggle.

 

"Yes, Oppa. You should've waited in the main hall and take care of your guests instead of searching me. I told you I was in the bathroom right? Anyway, meet Tiffany." Yoona presented, Tiffany bowed at Ji Yong and introduced herself once again. "Pleasure to meet you. Stephanie Hwang, call me Tiffany." 

 

"Oh, it's you..." Ji Yong responded strangely

 

"Huh? Have we met before somewhere?" Tiffany noticed the Ji Yong's strange answer, Yoona also wondered why Ji Yong acted oddly like he didn't wish to meet Tiffany.

 

"No, no! I mean, I've seen you since the ceremony started. It's a pleasure to meet you too, Tiffany. You may know my name from the speech but...it's Kwon Ji Yong." Ji Yong bowed back at Tiffany. 

 

"I see you've met Mr. Kwon Ji Yong, Tiffany." a voice came out from nowhere, making Yoona and Ji Yong shocked. Then a man with glasses named Lee Soo Man approached them. Ji Yong's face turned furious again upon the man he saw, but his face changed when Tiffany called the aged man.

 

"Appa! Are you done dealing with your friends in the main hall?" Tiffany asked Lee Soo Man.

 

"Yes, by the way, Ji Yong, this is my daughter Tiffany." Lee Soo Man put his right hand of Tiffany's bare shoulder. Tiffany Yoona just realized that Lee Soo Man was the father of Tiffany that she mentioned before, that's why she told Yoona he was a best friend of her father, Kwon Yu Jin.

 

"Yeah, I know, I've heard from herself. Are you enjoying yourself, Mr. Soo Man? I'm sure you have." Ji Yong faked his annoyed tone that he couldn't hid it from Yoona, she always asked herself why Ji Yong disliked Mr. Lee so much that he can never be polite to him although he always did good to Ji Yong from Yoona's point of view. Ji Yong's eyes were burning by just staring at Lee Soo Man.

 

"Hmph, that's so brave of you back then, boy. That speech you spoke in that stage was quite a stunt, think you can account your words earlier? It's not that easy to replace your father, what's more, surpassing him. I think with your father's lead, Kwon Company is grand enough to be called Seoul's best company. You can do better than his best?" Lee Soo Man smirked faintly Ji Yong, challenging him in a fight of words. The two girls beside them can only watch their cold war.

 

"I'd prefer proof it to you rather than talk about it here. Wait and see how I roll this company. Now if you excuse me, I have guests to take care of. See you soon, Mr. Soo Man, Tiffany. Remember, you've disappointed me once...don't repeat your mistake or you'll pay, Lee Soo Man." Ji Yong turned his back on Lee Soo Man and Tiffany, dragging Yoona along. Yoona bowed at them awkwardly in a hurry, she didn't want to aggravate things between them,  even though she has no idea what they're talking about. Once Ji Yong and Yoona disappeared from their sight, Tiffany started to talk to Lee Soo Man.

 

"Lee Seonsaengnim, that guy sure reminds me of Siwon, he seems to know about me. Who is he anyway? I'd love to knock his rude mouth and make him kiss the ground, how dare he talk to you in such behaviour." Tiffany said wickedly, she showed who she really is, the Amber Division Leader. 

 

"Don't waste your energy, he's nothing but a small obstacle to our master plan. More importantly, did you do as I told you, my dear?" Lee Soo Man asked.

 

"Of course, I wouldn't fail you for a second time would I? I've planted complete set of our wiretaps in places you can hear the activities in here. Offices, canteen, workplaces for staff and many more. One question, mind telling me what are you those things for?" Tiffany asked back to Lee Soo Man, she was ordered to do things that she has no idea for what reason she did it. 

 

"I"ll tell you when the perfect moment comes. Until then, don't occupy your mind with trivial things, focus on your mission is more recommended. Nevertheless, you've done a great job, Tiffany. I'll reward you once we get to the headquarter. Now...we have to take care of our traitor, take a rest because this new mission has nothing to do with you." Lee Soo Man praised his commander proudly.

 

"Ye algaesumnida*, Lee Seonsaengnim." Tiffany replied with an evil smirk.

 

Translations : 

 

Ye Algaesumnida : I Understand