Funny Little World

Arranged
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ta-dah! I Updated today~ kk 5 more chapters left ^^

 

Did you saw the photo that Soo posted in her IG?!! [ I know everyone does, who wouldn't?]

I can't believe it... she hashtag the word 'Soosica' kyaaa! HAHA 

 

Okay that's enough, back to my update... I know you're looking forward the kiss that Soo promised but... I don't know... keke I have nothing to say.. HAHA

 

Thank you for all the comments!! Sarang~!

Oh, And Please Don't forget to post your Feedbacks~!!!

---------------------

Funny Little World

 

The next morning presented itself with peaceful rays of sunlight, beaming through the open window at Sooyoung's bedside. It was a brief break in the stormy forecast, where the clouds of snow surrounded their city but hadn't yet touched it. The curtains danced in the gentle wind being blown up from the vent nearby, and tickled the girl's cheek. The tall girl recoiled – still only semi-conscious – from the brightness that was coming hit her eyes hard. Sooyoung's fingers swirled through the sheets and pulled them closer to her body, but by now she was certain that she was awake.

 

With a groan, she rolled over to shield her aching head from the sun and took a deep breath. Sooyoung could tell by the smell of her surroundings that she was in her own room, but a part of her felt confused as to how she got there. In fact, she immediately only recalled little of what happened the night before. Lifting a hand to rub her hair out of her face, the girl began to retrace her steps.

 

Ugh... this is why I don't drink...

 

She pulled herself up, now sitting in a pile of sheets and blankets that were all haphazardly wrapped around her.

 

I went out with Yuri... that's for sure and... We were at Kagayaki for the New Year's party.

 

Sooyoung almost gagged on her next recollection.

 

That ! Okay why was I sitting with some guy? I wanted to... why was I there?

 

She sighed.

 

Right... I left Jessica here by herself... Tch, what an I am... But wait, Yuri didn't take me home and that guy wouldn't, so...

 

The girl searched her memory, and for some reason nothing was coming for this part. Instead it was focusing on what she was doing with the guy and how she felt then. She felt disgraceful for having left Jessica alone, and yet... she didn't go back.

 

Wait? Why does it matter? If anything this can help me move on... Yeah, that's why I was with him... I was trying to get over her before anything started but then...?

 

She let out a gasp and covered , which she later regretted since the sudden influx of air startled her still waking brain. The last piece of the puzzle finally showed itself as one of the many visions in her mind.

 

Oh my god... I told her...

 

If it weren't for the hangover, Sooyoung probably would have started banging her head on the wall right now, but she settled for grinding her teeth.

 

Damn it! First she sees me drunk off my which is bad enough but ugh I remember now... I...

 

Her train of thought was interrupted then, when the delicate sound of keys upon strings echoed up the stairway from the lower level of the house. She breathed. It calmed her. Just when her emotions were once again beginning to flail in confusion, the soft piece eased her tension. In fact, it brought a smile to her face, allowing her to remember that with her confession to Jessica, she also confessed to herself that these feelings were okay — that they were not dangerous.

 

The way that I care about her...

 

She thought while slowly getting up, following the music and smiling.

 

It makes me so happy...

 

Her feet padded lightly down the steps in order to not disturb the other girl's playing of the instrument. She stopped then, just a few steps before the floor and closed her eyes in wait. Every time a key hit a string, it reverberated on her heart, bringing a smile to her lips and redness to her cheeks. Still tired from the night before, Sooyoung rested her shoulder against the wall and then slowly slid down to sit on a step.

 

She's so sweet… All the time… Her unending kindness—

 

Her train of thought was cut short then by the melody in the next room coming to a stop. While she heard Jessica flip through the book to find another song to play, Sooyoung lifted herself up by the railing and shyly peeked around the corner. She was still dressed in her clothing from last night, and she only realized now how out of place she must look. With a sigh she tried to step back before being seen, wanting to change first, but it was too late.

 

"Oh? Sooyoung, you're awake." a startled expression on the elder girl's face, "I'm sorry, was it my playing?"

 

"Oh no, I was getting up anyway and…" she was still blushing, "I had no idea how nice it would be to wake up to you playing."

 

The pair could feel the tension rise between them again. Seeing Jessica for the first time after her blurry memories made Sooyoung even more embarrassed about what she said and how she acted. The details eluded her, but she was certain that she was more physical than she ever would have been otherwise. At the same time Jessica was unsure of if she should react playfully to the girl's promise, wondering if she even remembered it. That thought then spiraled into how much she remembered of the entire night.

 

"Gah! Fine! I'll just get it out!" the tall girl shouted, partially to herself at the same time as raising her hands up in exasperation.

 

"I'm embarrassed!"

 

"Oh?"

 

"I didn't want to confess to you that way and I feel so dumb!" her frustration showed on her face but she once again became shy and looked away.

 

"I didn't want to tell you at all, actually…" her hand gripped around the wooden molding on the corner of the wall.

 

"But…" the lock of fear chained around Jessica’s heart was beginning to unlock itself, "You… you do have feelings for me?"

 

Sooyoung, unable to get any redder, proceeded to give the girl a lopsided smile and rub the back of her neck. Even this was embarrassing to her; she didn't think she should look so frivolous about this, and really, she meant to be serious but it kept coming out wrong. In turn this caused her to start laughing hysterically in her head.

 

This can't get any worse so just start talking!

 

"Yeah… For a while now I didn't know what it was… but, heh, yep… This is what a crush feels like." she suddenly regained focus on Jessica.

 

"Are you okay…?"

 

The older girl was staring ahead in disbelief. For all the times the two had been on the cusp of forming a relationship, there was no doubting this time. In a way it felt unnatural for her to not have a reason to question Sooyoung’s sincerity; but above all she was happy, extending her hand out to Sooyoung and sliding over on the piano bench for her to sit beside her.

 

The younger girl took this as a positive answer to her inquiry, but she was hesitant now that it was her turn again. She wanted to accept Jessica’s offer, and slowly did, though she tensed when their hands touched. However, what she clenched around was her fiancée's hand, which subtly squeezed back in reassurance. Sooyoung had looked down briefly to glide past the keys when sitting but when she looked back into Jessica’s eyes her nervousness, well, it didn't disappear, but it was easier to handle now.

 

"As long as you mean this, I will be fine." Jessica said softly, pulling Sooyoung just a little closer to her, though she was surprised when the tall girl startled at the comment.

 

"Of course I mean it!" she exclaimed in a rather desperate tone and gripping Jessica’s hands with both of her own now.

 

"I might make a lot of mistakes, more than you deserve, but please give me the chance! Whatever it is that I feel for you drives me this crazy! I'll do anything to see what happens with it because it makes me feel so good!"

 

"Shh…" the elder one cooed, escaping from the tight hold and placing her own hand onto Sooyoung's shoulder and the other held her cheek.

 

That magic happened again. What it was about Jessica’s touch that made Sooyoung feel strangely safe. Yet it was also this that frightened her, she was caught in a strange web of feelings. All she knew was that at the end of it all she was so much happier being with Jessica than… not being with her.

 

It's simple really…

 

She thought with a smile.

 

"Would like something to eat?" Jessica asked, trying to bring some sense of normal to them both.

 

"No thanks." Sooyoung replied, shaking her head lightly, "I still don't really have an appetite from last night."

 

Dizziness suddenly hit her and she leaned her head into her palm.

 

"Ugh… really… I'm so stupid…"

 

"No you're not." the elder kindly reassured.

 

"Perhaps not your finest hour." she giggled at the pouty-faced response she got, "But still… now…"

 

Jessica leaned closer, not pushy but instead accepting of Sooyoung's inevitable uncertainty. The girl had taken a huge step so quickly, so it wasn't any surprise that the tall girl faltered the moment Jessica attempted to kiss her. Pink from the touch that never left her; she quickly snapped back into the moment and pecked the lips that came towards her but her uneasy expression wasn't left unnoticed, or alone. However, before Jessica could speak Sooyoung had jumped to defend herself.

 

"I'm sorry." she said swiftly, "I'm just not used to this. I'm not sure what to do…"

 

"Hm?" Jessica moved away to give the girl some space.

 

"I do want to be close to you… with you." she muttered with some awkwardness, "But it feels like there's some sort of gap that I don't know how to cross."

 

"Well, we are moving from friends to more…" she paused, "Right?"

 

"Mm. We are…" she started to giggle.

 

"Sooyoung?"

 

"Sorry, it just amuses me to think of 'what we are'." she looked up to the ceiling in thought.

 

"My fiancée is my friend who I like? My fiancée is my girlfriend? Either way they both seem to make sense, and yet…"

 

"Then let's not be engaged." Jessica said bluntly, but the certainty in her voice was just what Sooyoung needed.

 

"I mean, it will just be paperwork, but in practicality we won't be betrothed. We can separate the two. That's what we were doing when we were friends right?"

 

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

 

"The engagement is separate from us, we can move at our own pace. Right now we can be…" she was unsure, "Whatever you want."

 

With a smile over her lips, Sooyoung turned to face Jessica completely then tilted her head to the side inquisitively.

 

"Then, officially." her smile grew into a grin.

 

"Jessica, will you be my girlfriend?"

 

Brown orbs blinked at the confidence in her tone, and the odd role reversal that seemed to have transpired. All this time she had been the one chasing Sooyoung, and then the girl turns around and asks her out?

 

It was…

 

Cute…

 

She smiled back.

 

"Gladly."

 

Silence uncomfortably covered them then, not unhappy, but now that they were established romantic partners there was one question left on the rather clueless girl's mind.

 

"Err… What exactly do girlfriends do?" Sooyoung asked while rubbing the back of her neck and ginning sheepishly with nervous laughter.

 

"I've never been one before…"

 

And now they were back with Jessica being the leader of the pair. Then again, she had never been a girlfriend before either, so despite her carefree demeanor, she was pretty much just making it up as she went along. She made a similar expression, but after a few seconds she patted the top of her hair and stood up.

 

"Hey where're you going?" Sooyoung pouted.

 

"Girlfriends do a lot of things, it depends on the couple… but one thing that all couples do is going on dates!" she had on her normal teasing expression, but Sooyoung could tell she was completely serious.

 

"D-date?!" the girl stuttered, looking wide-eyed as Jessica was about to turn round the corner to go upstairs.

 

"But! I don't know what to do on a date!"

 

Smirking playfully, Jessica made a one-eighty degree turn, walking up to the confused Sooyoung and taking her chin in her hand. She used her powerful eyes to keep the girl in place, admiring her features and the soft pink that came back over them again.

 

"Which is exactly why we're going to go on one my dear Youngie." she planted a kiss on her forehead.

 

"Trust your instincts and I'm sure you'll do fine." she spun on her heel again, this time for sure heading upstairs to her room.

 

"You're a brilliant tactician when you want to be, Sooyoung. Just apply it elsewhere."

 

The fluffy brown locks floated out of view. Sooyoung's eyes closed, her exhaustion exaggerated, as Sooyoung groaned… before a smile came to her, chuckling at Jessica’s natural weirdness that was finally back to normal.

 

What have I gotten myself into?

 

And with that, she hopped to her feet and went to her own room. Ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter