Sixth Pull - Of Friends and... Enemies?

Law of Gravity

Of Friends and... Enemies?

 


Lucky for me, the week had run smoothly and it was thursday already. After my firts classes, I met up with my friends Donghae and Eunhyuk in the campus cafeteria. 

Even though we hadn't chosen the same major (Donghae majored in Musical Theater whereas Eunhyuk majored in coreography), we tried to, at least, have lunch together.

Donghae was shorter than me, had slightly long, brownish hair and chestnut colored eyes. He was very outgoing and a tad childish. The fact that he still believed in aliens made him a little naive too.  
 
On the other hand, Eunhyuk was taller than Donghae, had short, jet-black hair and chocolate colored eyes. Although he sometimes was as childish as Donghae, you could say he was a more ground level kind of guy.  
 
They had been friends for fifteen years now. I got to know them when I transfered to their highschool, and even though they were a year older than me (Donghae was 23 and Eunhyuk was 24 now), we bonded right away and our friendship was still going strong. 
 
And there we were, in the cafeteria as always for lunch time. 
 
"So... will you finally tell us why you were late last sunday?" asked Donghae out of nowhere, without even raising his eyes from his food. 
 
It had seem strange to me that they still hadn't questioned me about it. That day, when they had asked about my being late, I had changed the subject arguing that we should hurry or there would be no place for us six. 
 
"You wouldn't have thought we would just let it slide now, would you?" and this time it was Eunhyuk's turn to speak. 
 
No. No, I didn't thinks so at all. I knew those two wouldn't let me get away with it an that they were just simply waiting for the right time to bring it up. They couldn't deceive me with their innocent smiles. They were two evil little creatures.  
 
I had to think of an excuse plausible enough to make them believe me. And I had to do it fast because...
 
"And don't you even think about lying to us" they said at the same time, their smiles getting impossibly bigger. 
 
Demons. That's what they were. For a moment there I almost forgot how terrifying they could be when they were toghether.
 
"For your information," started Eunhyuk (monkey-face for his friends (or just me)), "the fact you're so adamant about spilling the beans makes it look even more suspicious."
 
His eyes had a a certain spark in them. A crazy one. They were taking this Sherlock Holmes game way too seriously. Donghae, who was sitting beside Eunhyuk, across from me, nodded enthusiastically in agreement. He definitely was Watson. 
 
I sighed heavilly and the smile on their faces went from aparkling to downright blinding. They knew they had me right where they wanted. 
 
"It's nothing suspicious" I defended myself. "I just ran into an acquanintance, we talked for a while and I didn't realize what time it was. That's it." 
 
Their expressions morphed into one of confusion. They looked at each other and starter whipering among them. 

That was it.
 
"Hey! I'm still here!" I said while waving my hand in front of their faces to get their attention. They were ticking me off with their whispering. "May I know what you're murmuring about? Because I'm pretty sure it concerns me," I stated quite annoyed.
 
They turned to my direction and, ignoring my words, they asked me another question. 
 
"And... would you mind telling us who you ran into?" Donghae asked with an arched eyebrow and a smirk. 
 
"Because... How do I say this? You're not the 'talks-for-a-while-and-doesn't-realize-what-time-it-is' kind of person" stated Eunhyuk. 
 
"You're quite cold..." continued Donghae. 

"And kind of an introvert," elaborated Eunhyuk. 

"...a little antisocial..." 

"...impacient..."

"...a perfectionist..."

"...and you don't open up easily. So..."

"...that person must have been special" the both of them ended with a sinister little smile. 
 
These people seriously called themselves my friends? They were really crossing the line (even though 90% of what they said could be real (being 'could' the keyword)). That was exactly what I asked them. 
 
"Don't misunderstand us, Kyuhyun," they defended. "Although you're like that, you are our friend and we really appreciate you" Donghae assured and Eunhyuk agreed, both with and expression of 'it's the holly truth'. 
 
"Yeah, sure... And that's suppossed to make me feel better?!" I roared. 

These two really put my sanity to the test. 
 
"Don't be mad," monkey face said to try calm me down. "The thing is you surprised us. You're usually very punctual and we thought it odd that you would arrive late just because you were talking to someone that's not one of us."
 
"Hyuk's right. We just felt curious and a little jealous, and so, we decided to pick on you to feel better. We're sorry," Donghae apologized while making eyes at me. Eunhyuk followed suit. 
 
I sighed again and the smiles returned to their lips. Can someone explain to me how I could be so easily manipulated by the people close to me? I still didn't understand, but it was as clear as water that my sister, my niece and my friends knew they could do whatever they pleased with me. I was frustrating to say the least. 
 
"Now that we've made it clear... Spill."
 
"Spill what?" I asked feigning innocence while looking at Donghae, who was the one that had talked. I was sure I had no way out of the convrsation, but I could at least make them sweat for it. 
 
"Don't play fool, Kyu" Eunhyuk said tiredly. "Who was the person you were talking to that made you late?" 
 
"No one special." 
 
They would definitely have to fight for the piece of information.

"Are you sure that's the game you wanna play?" And this time it was Donghae's turn to talk and look at me with the crazy spark in his eye. "If you wanna play dirty, we certainly can do it too" he said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed a couple of numbers. 
 
I smiled. I didn't know who he was calling and I didn't care one bit. Nothing would make me tell them anything any faster. 
 
"Hello? Ahra-noona?" asked Donghae into the receiver after the person on the other side of the line picked up. 
 
Why was he calling my sister? He didn't have anything to blackmail me with except for…  
 
My smile instantly vanished and I was certain I got paler. My expression then contorted into one of disbelief. He couldn't be thinking of telling my sister about 'that time', could he?
 
I looked at Eunhyuk, the qustion written in my eyes and the only answer I got was a nod and a smile. Donghae did the same when my eyes turned to him. 
 
I was dead meat. If Ahra found out I would be be so dead. She'd kill me and feed me to the fish for sure. 
 
Oh boy!
 

----------
 

Like always, feel free to point out any mistake. I hope you liked it ^^