Fifth Pull - Of Conversations and Acceptance

Law of Gravity

 

 

Of Conversations and Acceptance  

  

 
The breeze was so nice that sunday. You could hear the birds singing, children laughing and, what was the best of all, the sun shone brightly in the cloudless sky.  


It was really a shame that at that moment I could not focus my attention on those beautiful things because that same attentonwas totally centered on the person standing before me. It almost seemed as if I had summoned him with my mind. 


When my brain acknowledged the question he had asked me, I seriously wondered if I should say that yes, It was in fact me, or if I should just get up, tell him that he had the wrong person and run away (being the last one the most appealing one). 


However, he did not wait for a response or confirmation of any kind and sat beside me under the tree.  


"Such a coincidence meeting you here! Do you come here regularly?", was what the mirag... I mean, Sungmin, asked.  


"Not really. Actually, I had nothing else to do, so I decided to take a stroll" I answered without looking at him, but even so, I could still feel he had all his attention on me. Suddenly, the children playing on the sandbox seemed really interesting.  


"I try to come here often," I heard him say,"whenever I have some time, to think for a while" he said softly. He had a really nice voice and, without meaning to, my eyes landed on him.  


He was not looking at me anymore. His eyes were lost on the sight before him, as if he ad wanted to capture its essence. At that moment, even thought a small smile curved his lips, I could still catch a sembance of sadness in his eyes. It was barely a second and had me wondering if I had actually seen it. 


I was no longer feelig uncomfortable and although silence had settled once again among us, I didn't feel it like before. It was a different kind of silence. It was like a connection. And I was sure he felt it too, somehow.   


 

 


Sungmin was somewhat special.


I don't know how he did it, but he was like a magnet. When I wanted to forget about him, he showed up. When I didn't want to look at him, my eyes would follow his movements. And the more I wanted to understand this thing about him, the more confused I got.   


While sitting under that tree he told me some things about him. That his favorite color was pink )and i swear I tried, I really tried not lo laugh, which proved impossible and earned me a heated glare, folowed by a pout (is this person 24 years old?! for real?!)), how he liked to cook, that he had a sweet tooth and that he liked everything pumpking-flavored.


He also told me, in contrast to all those things one could consider 'girly', that he was a marcial artist. This really shocked me. Never would I have imagined that this frail looking person, who was thin and shorter than me, could kick . If someone had told me so, I would have said that they should stop smoking whatever they were smoking because it was damaging their brains.


Really, Sungmin was full of surprises.  


When it was my turn to do the talking, I told him that I was on my fourth year in University, that I lived alone and that annoying SunJi was my guity pleasure. I also told him some of the things we use to do when I have to look after her: that we fight for the remote control, that she always cheated when we played games, that she always had to choose what we would have for dinner and that she sometimes wrecked havoc on my apartment.


Somewhere in between my talking, I thought I saw that same smile with a tint of sadness cross his face and although I would've liked to know what caused it, I didn't dare ask. Call me a coward if you'd like, but I felt as if I shouldn't pry.


Suddenly, my cellphone started vibrating and upon answering, my friend's shouts almost left me deaf.


"Would you care telling me where the heck are you?!"  


I had to held my phone at an arms legnht to prevent me from losing my eardrums.


"We have been waiting for you for almost twenty minute now!", he said, clearly pissed.


My eyes almost popped out. I looked around and there were no longer kids playing and the sun had set who knew how long ago. When I looked at my watch, I realized it was already twenty past eight.  


!


I assured my friend that I would be with them in no time and ended the call without even saying goodbye. I was lucky that the bar we were suppossed to meet at was just two blocks away  


"I'm sorry, but I have to go", I said while standing up. He mirrored my actions and then bowed a little.


"Don't worry. I'm sorry for keeping you here; I didn't realize it was getting late."


"It's not your fault. I shouldn't have lost track of the time" I said while looking at my watch once again. "I really have to go now. It was a pleasure talking with you", I continued and surprised myself with how truthful my words were.


"Likewise. I don't know why, but I find it quite easy to alk to you. I feel we have great quemistry", he said and smiled at me.  


I had thought something along those lines, but to actually say it out loud... Did he realize how cheesy that sounded? By his nonchalant expression, I could tell that no, he did not. He really was naive.


Finally, after saying our goodbyes, I sprinted to the bar where my friends were, and as I made my way among the crowded streets I noticed my feelings for Sungmin had started to change. Before, I wanted him to be as far away from me as humanly possibe, however, now I felt this growing need to get to really know him.


Such a mistery, I thought with a small smile.

 

 

------------

 

 

Sorry for not updating last week! It was a hectic week (this one too u_u), but I made some time to post this which is surely riddled with mistakes. Please, do point them out XD.

 

Besos!