Fourth Pull - Of Outings and Hallucinations

Law of Gravity

 
Of Outings and Hallucinations. 
 

 
 

Sundays... how I loved them. 
 
It was the day that I slept until noonmainly because the day before I had stayed up late playing some game. 

 
That day I opened my eyes and realized it was way past noonNot That I really minded because I had nothing to do until that gathering I had to go to with my colleged friendsbut that was at eight in the evening. 
 
got up and started doing some cleaning around my apartament. I was barely home during the week, so this was he only day in which I could do itBesidesnow that SunJi's visists where a regular thingmy place needed some cleanningBadly. 
 
When I was finished, I grabbed the phone and called a restaurant nearby to order some foodEven though I knew how to do all the house chores –living alone forced you to–, I could never cookBelieve me, I had tried but it had always ended in disaster, so after the last time I dare try it and almost burnt my apartamen downgave up for good. 
 
Lucky for mefood didn't take long before it was delivered and by 3 o'clock I had finished my lunch and taken a bathstill had 5 hours to spare until I had to meet my friends. I had already finnished my assignments -was a model student after all-, my apartment was clean and tidy and I had even done the dishes, so I was pretty much free to do whatever. 
 
thought about gaming butbelieve it or not, I didn't quite feel like itThe day before I had played more than enough. I hadn't even left my apartment 
 
Instead, I decided to go for a walk in the park nearby. I could use some fresh air and besidesit was a beautiful day out there. 
 
grabbed my cellphonewallet and keys and went out. I didn't take a coat with me because it was spring still and there were no signs of possible rain, so I locked up and went towards the park. 

 

 

 
 

 

As it was sundaythere were a lot of families and children on the streetsThere were also some couplesIt seemed everyone thought it wise to spend the day outside and enjoy the sun 
 
Upon arriving to the park, I looked around for a nice tree and sat under its shadw. I searched in my pocket for my ipodlooked through my playlist for a good song and played it while watching some kids having fun in the sandbox in front of me. Even though I was listening to music, I could still hear their laughter... and it was somewhat refreshing. 
 
"Oppa… would you help me get my balloon down from that branch?" 

 
The soft voice of a little girl startled me. I stared at herconfused as to what she meantuntil noted how she raised her eyes to the tree I was leaning onto. I mirrored her eyes motion and saw the balloon in questionstuck to some of the lower branchesbut still out of her reach. 
 
got up and effortlessly having long legs did come in handy disentangled the balloon thread and returned it to her. 
 
"Thank you so much, oppa!", she said with a smile so big it lightned her whole face 
 

Just like Sungminthought with a smile of my own as I sat back downeyes trained on the girl happily walking away. 
 
immediately kicked myself mentally for thinking thatWhat was I doing thinking about him? He had appeared in my mind out of nowhere and that had only been the triggerAfter thatmy mind was flooded with all kinds of memories of the day we went for ice-creamhis happy face while eatinghis soft gazehis delicate movesthe way in wich he sometimes flicked his hair to get it out of his sight... Everything was just like a movie playing in my head. 
 
shut my eyes tightly. I had had enough 

Why did I have to keep thinking about himIt wasn't as if knew him all my life. I had barely seen him a couple of times. I couldn't let him take control of my thoughts. I wouldn't let him. 
 
Suddenlywhen I opened my eyes, I saw his image in front of me. 
 
GreatNow I was hallucinating 

would definetly be paying my doctor a visit for a check up; this was getting out of hand. 
 
"Kyuhyun-ah? Is that you?", asked the mirage. 
 
And only then I realized it was not a hallucination created by my now much hated brain to convince me, once and for allthat I was going mad. No. It was Sungmin himselfflesh and bone, standing right there by my side.  

It was also then that realized had been staring at him quite openly with an expression I would later deem as dumb. 

Couldn't the ground just open up and swallow me wholeThis couldn't be happening.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~#~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

I'm sorry this took so long and it's so short. I promise the chapters get longer (trust me on that ;_;). Also, I don't have a beta, so if you spot them, kindly let me know.

Hopefully, i'll be updating this every thursday from now on if there aren't any shortcomings ;)