A look around

My Story

I looked at the clock. 7 am... I sighted. I have barely slept an hour and I know that I won't be able to get some sleep anymore. I got out of bed and freshed up. I walked to the kitchen seeing my grandfather and aunt at the dining table. " Yassine went jogging," my grandfather said. I nodded and sat down. I eat a bit of breakfast because I didn't have much appetite but I forced myself to eat. After breakfast I washed the dishes and went to change my clothes. My aunt and I were going to visite some universities and we were looking for some parttime jobs for me.. It will help me alot more to be busy than to sit all cry inside and cry my eyes out, right? But things don't turn out to be easy as I thought it would. After visiting Seoul University I knew that this was the school that I wanted to enroll in. My grades in the Netherlands are good and I graduated cüm laude. There was only one problem. Applying.. I need a copy of my mothers passport even though my aunt and I explained that I don't live with my mother. Eventually the principle stepped in and let me fill in the application with my aunt as my guardian. Soon we found a parttime job at a small dining room/ café. Ofcourse the manager needed to confirm if I was able to speak Korean. I rolled my eyed and sighed. He attempted to speak with couple of English words even though I said that I wasn't American of British or whatever. It was cute though..

 

It was 3 o'clock and we decsided to go home. I kissed my aunt on the cheek and thanked her for today and apologised for dragging her everywhere all day long but she said " I love you and I loved spending time with you. I always wanted a daughter and now you fullfilled my wish" she said. "Wow how cheesy," Dok2 said. I turned about and saw my cousin in the living room all spread on the couch with my brother. We immediately hugged each other and suddenly I felt a sad rush in me. My eyes were watery but I didn't cry. Dok2 kind of panicked and Yassine laughed at him. I helped my aunt with cooking. We made side dished and kimchi chigae without le pork ofcourse. My brothers and I were raised as muslims so w don't eat pork' only halal meat. And alcohol is a no no. Everyone was talking untill everything was eaten. 

 

In the living room we started to talk about the funeral ceremony of my twin brother. Even though the body is already buried not everyone on the Korean side of the family said a proper goodbye. We discussed where we will hold the ceremony, the invites, the food and even about inviting the friends of Sharife. There was a serious and heavy atmosphere hanging in the living room. " Okay, now we have done the schedule for Sharife I will take Yassine and Hayi out for tonight." Dok2 said. " Go change your clothes and I will wait in the car. I'm meeting some friends and you two need some distracting. " I chuckled at his and said that I didn't feel the need to see people. Especially because I know that people are going to stare at me and they definitely are going to ask some questions. But even my aunt and harabuji insisted and I went along not bothering to change my sweatpants and shirt

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay this is just a short update. The next chapter will be longer and maybe I'll add some photo's too. Omg its so hard to find something to eat halal in Korea. Cries... Seriously! But anyways just some background info. My twin brother and I are half Korean and half Morrocan, but we tend to listen more to our Morrocan names cuz everyone called us Sharife or Lemiya. My brother korean name is Taehyun. Should I use Sharife or Taehyun? Let me know pls and thank you for subscribing...