New Life

My Story

After a long fight I was finally in Korea. My grandfather, Yassine and I got out of the plane, we grabbed our luggage. My auntie wanted to pick us up and waited until we finished. She stood at the entrance and when we got out out the gates and saw us she started to cry. She was weeping tears. I walked over to her and hugged her. I don't know why but I couldn't cry. I just hugged her tightly and whiped her tears away. She calmed down a bit and greeted the others. We hailed a taxi and went home. 

 

 

 

 

We arrived at my aunts house. We went in and we were brought to our rooms. Especially my harabuji (grandfather) was tired and wanted to sleep. I changed my shirt and sweats into my pj's. Even though my aunt is born and raised in Korea she is really open. I walked around the house. I haven't been here for 3 years and nothing changed. I will be living here with my imo-nim (auntie), harabuji and Yassine in this house. I am kind of nervous. My whole life, I neve thought that I would be moving out of the Netherlands I will be living here I said softly. I walked to the kitch knowing that my aunt would be there. "So Hayi, I know that it will be rough for the first couple of months here in Korea." I sighted. I love Korea but I only stay in Korea for vacations. Living here is another thing. I looked at my imo-nim and said: ' Since I'll be staying here for a while, I need to find a parttime job and a school.' She nodded and told me to take my time and to take things slowly. The rest of the night we talked about life and family and we discussed about a farewell ceremony for my brother...