The Beginning

The Castle of Cakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Minami Megumi]

A girl stared at a big gate. Her uniform was neat; white shirt with a long red bow tie and black knee-length plaid skirt with red line. Her long white socks were completed with black shoes. Her bag hung on her left shoulder; looked quite heavy with the school supplies she brought.

“Tokyo National Talent High School,” the girl said; face glowed.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped through the big gate; her school’s gate. Together with almost two hundreds of chosen students, she was going to replay her usual daily life: learning and enhancing her brain ability. With IQ above 170, she was one of the top students; plus her ability to remember things quickly. She greeted two security men and schoolmates she recognized with wide smile.

“Bubbly bubbly like usual, Minami-san?” a long-haired girl asked from behind.

Megumi stopped walking and looked back to meet face to face with the beautiful face of her classmate: Takeda Maria. “Maria-san! Good morning! Did you sleep well last night?”

Maria resumed her walk and passed Megumi without another glance. “Don’t talk like we are close.”

Megumi tilted her head, but said nothing. Ever since she moved into the prestigious school, she had known that it would be difficult to get close with her. There was some kind of unseen wall between them. She shook her head. Smiling lightly, she ran to catch up with her. “Wait up, Maria-san! Let’s go to class together!”

Instead of waiting the running girl, Maria increased her walk speed. Behind her, Megumi still smiled while running. Her ponytail bounced on her head.

000

[Suzuki Daichi]

“Daichi, are you sure we are going to be fine?”

“Ssssh. Don’t be noisy. As long as no one knows, we are going to be okay!”

Two kinds of voices were heard faintly from behind a box. A male teacher walked slowly towards it with a grin. He stopped not so far from the box, waiting. He leaned on the wall comfortably. He combed his hairs with his fingers and tidied his white shirt silently. Finding his shirt already neat, he stopped and continued leaning on the wall. Once a while, he sneaked a peek on his watch.

“You sure we won’t be caught?”

Someone sighed. “Kouji, if you talk again, I will go hiding in another place. You will make b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter