Chapter 3

ARASHI in SPACE

Arashi got to Keio University, and Sho led them to the faculty of economy. Sho approached one of the professors there and started talking with him, The professor remembered Sho and even knew where he is today.

"He is working as an economist for Toshiba Corporations," the professor said. "Well, that's the place he started working for when he finished his studies. Why are you asking?"

"Ah... I'm his distant relative," Sho stuttered.

The professor observed him closely. "I see, you are really a bit of similar."

Sho left the professor, and they decided to go find Sho at Toshiba Corporations.

 

Arashi stood in front of Toshiba Corporations' building. Sho wandered to himself what he should say to his other self when he'll me him. He didn't have time to ask Matsujun how he got Matsujun2 to help him, when he suddenly saw Sho2 hurrying down the stairs and running toward a private red car.

"Excuse me! Sho!" Sho called and started running after him. The other were running behind him. Sho2 turned to Sho, but kept walking backwards toward his vehicle.

"Yes? What do you want?" he asked. "I'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry."

"Ah..." Sho thought what to say. "I am actually you, and I really need your help."

"I'm sorry, I don't understand," Sho2 said and alredy got into his car. "But if you want, you can come with me, I'm driving home soon, so you can explain to me exactly how I can help you when we get there."

"Thank you very much," Sho said, entered the car and sat down next to the driver's seat. Ohno, Subaru and Matsujun got in as well and sat in the backseat. Nino and Aiba looked at each other.

"Well, get in already," Sho2 said and turned the engine on.

Well, if someone tells them to get in, who are they to refuse? Nino got in and sat down on Ohno. Aiba sat on Matsujun. Matsujun pushed Aiba to sit on Subaru. Subaru pushed Aiba on Nino.

"Wait, don't you think it's a little too much?" Ohno groaned.

Aiba didn't have time to change places, and Sho already started to drive. He was driving like a crazy man, doing sharp turns and crossing traffic in red lights.

"Are you sure it's legal to drive this way?" Subaru asked, holding the backrest in front of him tightly.

"It's okay, a lot of people drive with more people than allowed," Sho2 answered.

"I meant the speed!" Subaru said. "Why are you in such a hurry?"

"I was supposed to take my son from the kindergarten 12 seconds ago already!" Sho2 screamed and increased the car's speed.

Sho almost fainted. What son? He has a son in this dimension? To say the truth, after giving it a little thought, he liked the idea actually. Sho2 stopped the car sharply in front of a kindergarten and jumped out of the car. Nino opened the window and the three of them (Aiba, Nino and Ohno) pushed their heads out of it. They heard Sho2 talking with the teacher.

"I'm terribly sorry for being late, it won't happen again!"

"It's okay," the teacher said and tried to calm him down. "Half of the kids haven't gone home yet."

Sho2 bowed apologetically a few times, gave a hand to his son and went back to the car. Ohno, Nino and Aiba returned their head into the car. Sho2 opened the door next to Sho and put his son on him. Sho almost died with happiness.

"Hello, what's your name?" Sho asked the kid somewhat excitedly.

"Koichi," he answered.

"How old are you?"

"Three."

Sho asked Koichi many questions, until Sho2 parked the car next to his house. They all got out of the car, then Ohno got out too, and went toward the door, Sho2 opened it and they entered the house,

"May I offer you some tea?" he asked politely. They answered positively.

Arashi and Subaru entered the living room, Sho still holding Koichi, and sat down around a short table in the middle of the room. Sho2 entered after them, taking off his glasses, and sat down next to Aiba.

"Okay, how can I help you?" he asked. His wife came with a tray of cups, and poured tea for them. When she was done she sat down next to her husband.

"My name is Sho, and me and my friends came from another dimension," Sho started. "In our dimension I- I mean, you- a member of a group called Arashi, formed by Johnny's Entertainment. We want to go back to our dimension, and in order to do that we have to recreate the phenomenon that got us here. And because you are me, we need your help, because only our lookalikes can recreate the phenomenon without getting hurt."

Sh2 looked a but confused, "I got it, you are trying to joke with me. What's the date today, April Fool?"

"We are not joking!" Nino said. "It's serious. The phenomenon is called Sario Rip or something like that and-!"

"I believe you," Sho2's wife said seriously.

Sho2 looked at her doubtfully. "Why?"

His wife thought for a few moments. "I have a good friend who's a physicist," she said. "A few years ago she held an innovative research in the physics of disasters, and she told me a lot of things she discovered. One of them was a phenomenon in which people go back or forth in space or time, I don't really remember how it was called, but it was something that sounds like some kind of sauce."

"I know right??" Ohno said. Matsujun punched him.

"So you are saying," Sho2 said slowly, "that this person here is me but from another dimension? A dimension where I wear hideous costumes and sing stupid songs for a living?"

"Exactly!" Sho said happily. "I'm sure you remember that you were a Johnny's Jr a long time ago, right?"

"Yes, of course. How can I forget?" Sho 2 said and shuddered. "But I had quit. Being an economist suits me much better. Anyway, I'll be glad to do what you'll ask me to, to help my other self."

"Can I use your phone?" Matsujun asked, "Maybe my clone found us some information about Ohno or Aiba from their time as juniors."

Sho2 handed Matsujun his cellphone, and he took it and called Matsujun2. After a several rings Matsujun2 answered. Matsujun put him on speaker and they all listened to their conversation.

"I think I've found information that will help you," Matsujun2 told Matsujun. "When you said the name Ninomiya Kazunari, it rang familiar. At that time I thought that it's familiar to me because he was a junior at about the same time I was a junior. But not so long ago I read the lyrics for the new single we released, and I saw that it's written that Ninomiya Kazunari wrote the lyrics. Does it help you?"

"Sure!" Nino said and snatched the phone from Matsujun. "Do you have his number or his address maybe?"

Matsujun2 gave them Nino's address in this dimension, and hang up. Arashi decided that tomorrow first thing in the morning they are going to Nino2's house to ask for his help. Sho2 invited them to stay for the night in his house and sleep there. Arashi and Subaru didn't have any other place to go, so they agreed gratefully. Sho2's wife laid some futons for them in the living room and they slept there.