Chapter 2

ARASHI in SPACE

Arashi walked through the streets of Kyoto, deep in thoughts. Nino suggested that it will be a good idea to grab some more information about the dimension they are stuck in, and so they were standing in front of an electronic devices store and watched six giant screens of televisions which were broadcasting news.

"The main memorial service for the tsunami victims will be held tomorrow for the fifth year," the newscaster said. "People from all-"

"How come it's the fifth year?" Aiba wondered. "The tsunami was just last year."

"But we're in another dimension, remember?" Nino said and was about to slap Aiba's head. The well-trained Aiba bent just in time and Nino missed it. "Things happen different from the way they do in our place."

"And finally, the group NEWS will be releasing their new single next week," the newscaster continued. The screen displayed the jumping NEWS, wearing colorful costumes. For their surprise, Matsujun was jumping and dancing with them as well.

"Matsujun, you've never told us you filmed a PV with NEWS," Ohno said.

Matsujun was shocked. "I didn't!" he said. "It's my other self! What is he doing there?!"

"You probably stayed in JE," Sho said. "But instead of debuting with us, you've debuted with NEWS."

 "But why would I be in NEWS??"

"I have no idea."

"Thank you, NEWS," the newscaster said. "And next is a new research program, which reveals that the percentage of people suffering from depression rose up again. Individuals who are used to a certain standard of living seem to suffer from a lack of laughter.  That and more, after the commercials."

"We found a lead," Sho said. "That's Matsujun. We should start with going to talk with him, and ask him to help us."

Arashi and Subaru stood in front of JE's recording studio, and waited.

"What are you waiting for? Why aren't you going in and talking with Matsujun2?" Subaru asked.

"I don’t think they'll let us in," Sho answered. "After all, they don't know us."

"But they know me," Matsujun said and smiled. "I'm going in."

Matsujun left his friend behind and entered the studio. The guard didn't bother him, because he was used to see him around. Rather, he was used to see Matsujun2. Matsujun went straight to NEWS's practice room, opened the door and went in. He found himself standing in front of himself.

"Well, well, what would you say, I always knew that one day someone will be able to clone me without my knowing," Matsujun2 said. "So, who created you, clone? A crazy-fan-scientist? Johnny's himself?"

"I'm not a clone," Matsujun said, a bit irritated. "I'm from another dimension. And it's hard for me to say that, but I need your help."

Matsujun sat down and told Matsujun2 what happened to them , and that they need him to help them recreating the Sario Rip so they can go back home. Matsujun2 looked pretty skeptical.

"O~kay, whatever," Matsujun2 said. "You may look like me, but much crazier. It sounds like you came out from some manga. You know what? I'll help you at what I can, just to see what will happen in the end with you and the people you claim to be your group. It's just that I'm pretty bored lately."

"First of all, I need you to tell me if you remember any of the names I tell you – Ohno Satoshi, Ninomiya Kazunari, Aiba Masaki and Sakurai Sho." Matsujun said.

"Of course I remember them," Matsujun2 said. "From my days as a junior. But I'm not in touch with any of them. I know Sakurai left JE because he wanted to go study in Keio University. You can all go to the university and ask about him. About the others you can read in the retiring juniors' list."

"Thanks," Matsujun said and got up to go. "I'll call you when we'll need you again."

In the meantime, Arashi stood outside and got bored. They decided to play Jankenpon ("rock-paper-scissors" in Japanese) and the loser will have to try get in the building without having the guard stoping him. Ohno lost. He put on his hoody on his head and entered the building. Aiba, Sho and Nino watched and laughed hard as the guard grabbed him and threw him out.

"Why did you go ouy?" Nino laughed. "It was really entertaining!"

"I told him I only want to use the toilet," Ohno said. "But he didn't believe me."

By then, Matsujun came back, and Nino stopped pushing Ohno back toward the doors. He told them what the other Matsujun told him, and they decided to go to the university and look for Sho there. They took the bus (probably more than one), and after a long ride they finally got to Keio University.