Chapter 4

ARASHI in SPACE

The next morning Arashi set off again to look for the left lookalikes. And the mission this time: Nino2. They went by Sho2 instructions, and got to a big apartment building. They went to the 5th floor and knock on the door. No answer. They knocked some more but still no effects. They decided to knock on the neighbors' door and ask where they can find Nino2. A young lady opened the door.

"Hiroko!" Nino called with surprise when he saw her.

"Kazu, what are you doing here?" She aske, surprised. "I remember you told you have a performance today!"  

"Ah, what?" Nino blinked, and decided to pretend he is Nino2, it will save a lot of problems. "Ah, you're right, yeah! But… erm… I forgot where is my performance suppose to be."

Hiroko sighed. "It's exactly where you were last week, at Sakura-michi 137. You should hurry, you're already late."

Nino turned and was about to go, but his sister grabbed him and pulled him to her. "Who are these people? I don't like it that you hang around with those kinds of riffraff." She whispered loudly,

"They are my friends," Nino said dryly.

"Okay," Hiroko said and released his sleeve. "And don't forget, you promised that today you'll come here to do babysitting."

Nino ignored her and started going down the stairs, Arashi behind him. "My sister didn't change in a bit in this dimension," he said.

Arashi went to Sakura-michi 137. They heard voices of laugh and joy coming out from the apartment they went toward.

"Not only Matsujun performs in this dimension," Nino said arrogantly. "I have performances here too, you heard what my sister said!"

"Yeah, but the question is what kind of performances," Matsujun mumbled.

Nino nocked on the door, and a few seconds later a woman opened the door, wearing a colorful hat. Behind her was a big hustle. About twenty of 7-years-old kids ran around, and a lot of balloons and colorful ribbons were scattered everywhere in the room. On the table there was a big birthday cake. Nino had a feeling that his illusions are about to be shuttered.

"Can we talk with Ninomiya for a moment?" Aiba said and stepped forward.

The woman nodded and went back into the apartment. She came back with a clown. The clown took of the giant canvas head he wore, and under it appeared Nino2, sweating.

"Yes? Can I help you?" he asked.

Aiba pulled Nino to the front. Nino looked at himself with slight horror, and then told him everything that happened to them. Nino2 looked at Nino with a polite expression of here's-someone-who-fled-from-a-madhouse. When Nino finished he said "No", and was about to close the door on them.

"Wait!" Nino said and pushed his foot between the door and the lintel. "Of course, it's not for free."

Nino2 opened back the door. "Okay, deal. Contact me when your plan is done."

Arashi sighed with relief. For a moment they thought they are going to be stuck in this dimension forever.

"I have another question," Nino said. "Why are you working as a clown? Why?"

"I'm now between jobs," Nino2 said. "I'm trying to make money so I can open my own business, and that's the only thing I've found. This, and songwriting. Sometimes I send lyrics that I write to Johnny's Entertainment. They are always in lack of songs for their groups. I think it's because they release singles too fast."

"You are telling us about that?" Nino commented. "We don't have time to breathe!"

Nino2 smiled. "Well, I'm in the middle of work right now. If you need me, call."

"Wait a minute," Aiba said and stopped Nino2 again from closing the door. "Do you know by any chance someone called Aiba Masaki?"

"Yes," Nino2 answered after giving it a thought. "He was my friend when I was in Johnny's."

"Do you know where he lives?" Aiba asked hopefully.

"No," Nino2 said. "I'm not in touch with him. There's only one person who was in Johnny's that I still meet from time to time, but there's no way you know him."

"What's his name? maybe we do know him," Sho said. Every clue will help them.

"There'ss no way you know him," Nino2 repeated. "He was barely a year in Johnny's. Nobody got the chance to hear of him."

"Come on!" They nudged impatiently.

"His name is Ohno Satoshi. See? I told you you don't—"

"Of course we know!" Ohno interrupted him "It's me!"

Nino2 examined him carefully. "You're really a bit similar. But a little bit younger than him. And a little bit thinner. And a little bit more shaved. And a little bit more—"

"Okay, enough getting on my other self," Ohno said.

"Where do you meet him?" Sho asked.

"At the bank."

"Why?"

"Because he works there, that's why."

"Eh?" Ohno said.

"Exactly," Nino agreed. Never in his life had he thought that Ohno will be able to work in something that requires more than a baseline brain activity.

"Can you show us where the bank Ohno works at is?" Sho asked.

"No," Nino2 said dryly. "As you can see, but unfortunately don't get, I'm in the middle of work."

"So can you explain us how to get there?"

"Okay," Nino2 said. "Keep going down the road till the traffic lights, turned to the right and it's right there." Nino2 managed to close the door finally.

"Come on, let's go to the bank," Nino said cheerfully and skipped down the stairs.

"Wait a sec," Matsujun grabbed him in the collar. "How exactly are you going to pay Nino2? We don't have a penny!"

"That's not a problem, we'll ask Sho2. I'm sure he'll give us."

"Hey!" Sho protested. "It's not nice to take advantage of me like that."

But Nino didn't listen to him anymore, and kept skipping sown the stairs. Arashi and Subaru went after him while Sho trailed behind them, a bit grumpy. They walked down the road to meet Ohno in this dimension.