Chapter 5 - Change a coming!

Corporate Cutie

By midnight many people had left the party, some were passed out randomly around the room and there were a select few that still partied on. Ryeowook was in between, the top half of his body was slouched over the table, his head resting on the flat surface, eyes heavy with the want to sleep. He gazed at Siwon, who was now seated next to his brother, smiling and laughing at everything Leeteuk said.

Ryeowook wished that Yesung would have stayed but alas he had to go home since he still had to drive his mum and stepfather in the morning. Heechul had left with him after witnessing Hangeng get touchy feely with LiYin. He hoped Heechul wouldn’t use the opportunity to take advantage of Yesung, Ryeowook couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy at the thought of them spending the night together.

There was a time long ago when Yesung was all Ryeowook thought about and after learning that the elder had been involved with Leeteuk, that had been an emotional blow to the chest and Ryeowook decided not to pursue him anymore.

“All partied out, Wook?”

Ryeowook turned his head to see Kangin seated next to him, he lifted his head up and rubbed his tired eyes.

“I’m doing better than Donghae and Sungmin.” He said gesturing to the two that were passed on the table.

“Well, you didn’t drink as much as those two.” Kangin chuckled before taking a sip of his beer.

Ryeowook stayed silent for a few minutes, contemplating on whether to confide in his brothers’ lover before sitting up straight and turned his whole body to face Kangin.

“Hyung, can I ask you something?”

Kangin paused mid-swig noticing the change in Ryeowook’s demeanour and scooted closer to him.

“If you were forced to marry but had feelings for someone else, would you still get married?” Ryeowook asked in a level tone.

It had been playing on his mind for weeks, the want to tell his mother and stepfather that he was gay but he couldn’t find the courage, not after what Leeteuk went through when he came out. Months of cold shoulders, awkward dinners, forced smiles and generally hurtful comments towards his lifestyle choice. He didn’t want to go through that pain, sure, their parents accepted Leeteuk after a while but what about him? What would they say? One gay son was enough but two? Ryeowook’s heart ached just thinking about it.

Kangin inwardly sighed, he kind of had a rough idea about the internal struggle Ryeowook was having. To have doubts was a natural human response to any situation, he was surprised that Ryeowook had agreed to even get married despite his uality.

“I don’t know if this will help as I’ve never been in your situation but I would follow my heart. If the person you have feelings for has them for you then don’t get married. It’s not the end of the world if you don’t get hitched, it may hurt some people but you just do what you think is right, Ryeowook. At the end of the day, it’s your life and you have to live it.”

Kangin gave Ryeowook a comforting hug before going back to his lover, leaving the boy to think about his answer. He was right, it was HIS life and only He could live it and at the same time, the guilty conscience gnawed at him. He didn’t want to disappoint or shame his parents, especially his mother, for all her faults, he still loved her more than anything. The need to make her proud of him was stronger that his desire to live his own life happily. As long as his mother was proud of him than he could endure a loveless marriage, he just had to choose the unfortunate girl.

~~~~

The party had ended some time ago but there were still stragglers dancing and drinking, Ryeowook took one look at the almost empty bar and concluded it was time to call it a night but he had no idea how he was going to get home since he didn’t have a ride or cab money. Kangin and Leetuek had left shortly after Siwon had, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk literally carried their partners out of the establishment with blushing faces.

Once outside, Ryeowook regretted not bringing a scarf or gloves, the cold air made his cheeks red and his nimble fingers numb. He put them in his pockets to warm them and sighed when he got feeling back in his fingers. Ryeowook walked back and forth on the sidewalk as a black sports car pulled up beside him, he stopped and instinctively took a step back. The driver side door opened and Ryeowook was surprised to see Siwon, he thought that his boss had gone home.

“Siwon-shi, I thought you went home.” He said stepping closer.

“I was but Kangin-hyung called me and said you needed a ride home.” Siwon replied as he came around and opened the passenger door for Ryeowook, gesturing for him to get into the car.

Ryeowook bowed before quickly getting into the vehicle, he felt the heater blasting hot air in his direction. He put his cold hands directly in front of it unaware that Siwon had gotten back into the car and was watching him. Siwon found himself smiling when he was the younger smile and wiggle his fingers childishly in front of the heater. He started the car, soft music filled the small space and Ryeowook gave Siwon a questioning look as he recognised the song.

“I didn’t know you liked this song?” He asked, surprise written on his face.

“What? Is it that much of a surprise?” Siwon asked back with a chuckle as he put his seat belt on.

‘No no, it’s nice to find this out about you.” Ryeowook said softly as he reached to pull his seatbelt only to find that it wasn’t moving, after trying a few more tugs and failing, he turned to ask his boss for help when Siwon leaned so close that their chests were almost touching.

Ryeowook heart beat increased and he held his breathe as Siwon reached over him and gave the seatbelt a sharp pull, bringing the grey strap across Ryeowook’s chest.

“It likes to be stubborn, that one.” Siwon murmured, hiding his smile as he noticed how flustered and red Ryeowook had become.

Ryeowook counted the seconds until Siwon moved away from him and started driving the car, he in a huge gulp of air to make up for the minute or so that he held his breath. Having Siwon in such close proximity did all sorts of things to him, his nerves were frazzled, the butterflies in his stomach were dissipating and he was pretty sure he resembled a tomato right now.

 All of it was just so confusing, not to mention the bad timing of it all. Ryeowook sank into the seat, thinking how he was going to sort everything out, from his feelings to his impending marriage, but no solutions came to mind. He let out a deflated sigh and closed his eyes, the hot air mixed with the soft music promptly carried Ryeowook into dreamland.

 

The next morning……………

 

Ryeowook POV

 

“Morning Mr Kim, this is a wakeup call.”

A voice said and then it was quiet again, since when did my alarm clock speak full sentences let alone at all? And why does it sound exactly like Siwon?  I jolted up from the comfy king size bed, my head spinning from the fast movement. I massaged my temples as I wondered why I wasn’t at my apartment, I must have dozed off in Siwon’s car last night otherwise I wouldn’t be here right now. I looked around the unfamiliar room and was in awe at the luxury of it.

It reminded me of my old room back at the family estate, the white marble tile floor, the sheer silk curtains, the mini chandelier with crystals hanging off it, the light reflecting off the facets making tiny rainbows. This room just screamed grandeur and money, even the bed felt like it was costly. I get off the bed and realise I’m not wearing my clothes but pajamas, finding nemo pajamas to be exact. These are definitely not Siwon’s as they almost fit me perfectly and I don’t think my boss is into children’s movies.

Opening the double door to the bedroom, I peek outside to see if there is anyone I can ask to locate my clothes. I leave the bedroom and walk slowly down the insanely long corridor. The walls are lined with portraits of every shape and size, my feet halt as I stare at one of Siwon and Hyukjae, both have grins on their faces while Siwon has Hyukjae in a headlock.

My fingers automatically touch the portrait, I wonder what it would feel like if he smiled at me like in this photo? My heart skipped a beat at the thought, I wish Leeteuk and I had photos of us like this in the family home but sadly our parents, mainly my stepdad, wanted professional photos with no expressions whatsoever. Compared to this hallway, ours looks like it should be on a crime family documentary. So depressing.

I give one last look, gently caressing the picture before continuing forward only to crash into someone, I fell backward on the floor with a thud with extra weight on top of me. I opened my eyes, this person is not who I expecting.

“Donghae-shi?”

The chocolate haired male seemed just as surprised as I was but nevertheless, his lips broke into a friendly smile.

“Ryeowook, did you sleep over too?” He asked getting off me and helping me up from the floor.

“It wasn’t planned. Things just happened that way.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone on the condition that you come and help me wake monkey up.” Donghae says cheerfully dragging me along with him, his hands firmly holding mine.

“Monkey?”

“It’s my nickname for Hyukjae.” He clarifies and giggles at my confused expression.

“Oh and what does Hyukjae-shi call you?” I ask

“Fishy!” He beams proudly, I suddenly look down at the pajamas I’m wearing.

“So these pajamas are yours?” I ventured

“Yep! I was wondering why I couldn’t find them this morning.” He said as we came to a halt in front of white double doors that I think are entry to Hyukjae’s room.

Donghae opened the door quietly and we both walked into the semi-dark room to the bed in the middle of the spacious room. Hyukjae was still sleeping, snoring softly and by the looks of it, he won’t wake up for ages, maybe that’s why Donghae needs help because he’s a deep sleeper.

“I’ll draw the blinds and you start waking him up.” Donghae whispers before giving me a shove, I try to regain my balance but I end up falling on the bed next to Hyukjae.

I scoot away to get up but an arm comes over my shoulders, pinning me to the mattress, I look to my left and see Hyukjae’s face close to mine. He murmurs something and brings me closer to him. Oh my God! He must think I’m Donghae!

“Donghae?!” I hissed too loudly causing Hyukjae to stir, his lower half comes closer to mine and holy mother of god, he’s under the sheets!

“Donghae?!” I call out again, not caring if I do wake up Hyukjae in the process.

Streams of light fill the room and I sigh in relief when I hear Donghae come back.

“Sorry, I couldn’t find the remote for the blinds…” Donghae comes into view and stops when he sees me on the bed, my head instantly goes through worst case scenario.

“Donghae, it’s not what you think. I was going to wake him up but he just grabbed me!” I explained, my nerves going into overdrive as I waited for Donghae’s outburst. I was completely dumbstruck when he started laughing. He came over to the bed and sat down, wiping away tears.

“Hyukkie! How could you do that to poor Wookie? He looks petrified!” He leaned over to flick Hyukjae’s forehead. Hyukjae’s eyes opened, his mouth breaking into a mischievous grin. I looked at the both of them as it finally sank in.

“This was a prank?”

“Yep! I’m sorry but you are just too adorable, Wookie!” Donghae ruffles my hair.

“And you are cuddly too. I can see why Siwon likes you.” Hyukjae added giving me a squeeze, my face goes bright red.

Donghae moves from beside Hyukjae and comes to cuddle me on the other side of the bed, making me feel more embarrassed.

“Ah! Such a cutie!”

“Why are you so adorable?!”

They both exclaim at the same time and hug me so that I’m sandwiched between them, it felt very weird but also nice at the same time.

“Having fun?”

I looked to the door, Siwon was standing there, and his expression was tight and unreadable as he comes towards the bed. I held my breath as he sat down at the foot of the bed.

“Yes! He’s too cute. Let me keep him!” Donghae says as we sit up, he keeps holding onto my arm.

“He’s not a pet, Donghae.” Hyukjae laughs.

I stare at Siwon and gulp nervously, his eyes haven’t left mine or looked anywhere else since he stepped into the room. My eyes go straight to the open neck collar of his button up shirt. A patch of bronze skin can be seen and my face heats up as I imagine what else is underneath that shirt. Oh God! I’m becoming a ert! Stop with the dirty thoughts, he is your boss!

“Did you sleep well, Siwon-shi?” I asked stupidly, it was the only question that came to mind.

“Well enough, your brother called me and said I’m to bring you home immediately.”

“Hyung called you?”

Siwon nodded, what happened overnight that I need to go to the family estate? I detach myself from Donghae, much to his disappointment, and get off the bed.

“We should leave then, Siwon-shi.” I said stiffly and bowed goodbye to Donghae and Hyukjae before leaving the room.

I went back to Siwon’s room and found my clothes already laid out on the bed and quickly got changed. Siwon was waiting for me outside, we got into his car and drove to my parents’ house in somewhat comfortable silence, all the while, I can’t help this feeling I have in the pit of my stomach. We reach the house, I go to get out but a hand stops me.

“Ryeowook.”

I turn to face Siwon only to get his warm lips on my own, my eyes widened and slowly close when I kiss his back, opening my mouth to give him better access. He tasted sweet as his tongue mine, making me shiver. His hands are cupping my face as if I’m the most precious gem in the world. I couldn’t stop nor wanted to until Siwon’s phone rang shattering our moment together.

He breaks the kiss and I’m breathless from it, as he is talking on the phone, he entwines his hand with mine, making me blush and my breath hitch. Siwon ends the conversation and hangs up.

“So…I guess I have to leave now.” He says with longing in his eyes, I suddenly wish he didn’t have to go.

“We can talk later at work if you want to.” He brings a hand up and my cheek ever so gently.

“That would be nice.” I told with a small nod and regrettably got out of the car.

I waved goodbye to him and stayed on the driveway until his car disappeared from my sight and I turned to walk to the house, seeing two foreign cars I’ve never seen before leading me to think my parents have guests. I entered the house, the smile I had vanished as I walked into my stepfather’s office, the feeling came back as I saw my mother, Leeteuk and Kangin as well as a middle aged couple and a young woman, her back was facing me so I couldn’t see her face.

I got to the middle of the room when my stepfather sat behind his desk with a triumphant smile on his face. He spoke and I wished at that moment that I had never left Siwon’s car.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm back my faithful readers with another chapter! 

Enjoy and comment!!! :)