Chapter 3 - Embarrassing Moves

Corporate Cutie

No One POV

Ryeowook leaned back into his chair with a content sigh, taking a deep breath and stretching his stiff body. He’d just finished writing a detailed report on the company profits and expenditures like Heechul had asked him to do, he smiled at his accomplishment and hit the print button before skipping over to the printers, whistling a tune.

The other employees stopped whatever they were doing and watched the newbie, his smile making some of them melt from the sheer cuteness of it. Ryeowook started moving his hips to the tune he was whistling, oblivious to the audience behind him, Heechul came out of his office and frowned when he saw no one was working and was about to go full Diva when he noticed the reason for it.

He had never seen anything as cute as what was happening right now, he quickly texted for Siwon and Hyukjae to come out of their office. Ryeowook started using his pen like he was a conductor, Heechul silently laughed at some of the guys reactions. He spotted Siwon and Hyukjae coming towards him followed by Donghae and Kyuhyun.

“Why did you want to see us?” Siwon asked slightly annoyed that Heechul wasn’t working, he’d been cooped up in the office finishing the paperwork from Friday that Heechul was supposed to help him with.

Heechul smirked and pointed in the direction of the printers, the 4 new arrivals looked over and mouths gaped open. Siwon blushed as he watched Ryeowook, his eyes travelling to the smaller male’s hip and now swaying . The black dress pants clung to the shapely behind of his, leaving Siwon with to his mind impure thoughts and an idea to change the dress code.

Ryeowook started twirling his pen with his fingers until it slipped and landed on the carpet with a soft thud, he bent down to pick up and all the men in the room groaned at the sight of it. He immediately shot up and turned around and found everyone’s eyes were on him. Ryeowook turned red and went even redder when he noticed the Ceo’s and their secretaries, he couldn’t take the embarrassment anymore and fled to the bathroom, locking himself in the stall furthest from the door.

A minute later and he heard a knock on the stall, he peeked at the bottom of the door and saw two pairs of shoes.

“Ryeowook, come out.” Sungmin said as he tapped on the door, he knew that Ryeowook was probably so embarrassed that he wouldn’t come out until everyone had gone home, he looked at Donghae, who had been sent by Siwon to help.

“No,” came Ryeowook’s reply, Sungmin was almost certain that if he could see through doors that the younger would be pouting.

“Come on Ryeowook. No one is judging you, we’ve all done it at least once.” Donghae reassured him, ignoring Sungmin’s “What the you talking about” face.

“Yeah right. I know you’re only saying that to make me feel better.” Ryeowook replied sounding so dejected.

Sungmin and Donghae sighed, it would be useless to keep pressuring him to come out and left the bathroom. They walked to the small group that were waiting a few metres from the bathroom.

“He won’t come out?” Siwon said, his eyes hopeful but that disappeared when Donghae shook his head.

“Nope, he’s too embarrassed.” Sungmin told them.

“He wouldn’t listen, not even when I’d said we’d all done it once before.” Donghae added as he stood next to Hyukjae. Heechul scoffed.

“Yeah right, none of us have ever done it. That display before was the cutest ing thing I’ve ever seen.” He said as if replaying the scene in his mind.

Everyone agreed with him, Siwon didn’t want to go back to his office without seeing Ryeowook come out of that bathroom. He felt like hugging the smaller male and never letting go, he was that adorable that everyone’s reactions made him jealous to the core.

It took every bit of sense he had not to scold them and drag Ryeowook to his office, he wasn’t this jealous on Friday night when Kangin and Ryeowook had been all touchy feely. Siwon suddenly remembered that there were two people that Ryeowook would listen to and took out his phone, dialling the number and hoping they weren’t busy.

Ryeowook didn’t know how long he’d been in the stall, he guessed a few hours since his legs had pins and needles from sitting down for too long. He pouted, maybe he was overreacting about the whole thing but it had still been humiliating.

How was he going to face everyone, especially Siwon? He groaned and started hitting his head against the door, he paused when he heard the door open and footsteps, assuming it was someone else come to try get him to come out.

“Wookie?” Ryeowook straightened up at the familiar voice. Kangin? What’s he doing here? He unlocked the door and opened it a fraction revealing Kangin’s amused face.

“Siwon told us what happened. You okay now?” He explained although Ryeowook could tell he was holding back his laughter. He opened the door fully and stepped out, his shoulders slumped and nodding at Kangin’s question. Kangin patted Ryeowook on the head, a sulky Wook as a cute one and he brought the younger into a hug.

“Where’s Teukie-hyung?” Ryeowook asked, his voice muffled as his head was against Kangin’s chest.

“He’s talking with Hyukjae and Siwon in their office.” Kangin said, not telling Ryeowook that Jungsu was telling Siwon and Hyuk a childhood story involving Wookie and dresses. Poor boy was already embarrassed as it is. He didn’t want him to be mortified as well.

Ryeowook broke the hug and latched onto Kangin’s arm, walking out of the bathroom with a shaky smile. The thought of facing Siwon and everyone so soon after his display was nerve wrecking. He tightened his grip on the elder’s arm making him flinch, Kangin looked at him with sympathy.

He couldn’t help but feel sorry for him, he had done a lot of embarrassing things in his youth but dancing in front of the printers with everyone watching had taken the cake, maybe he should suggest to Siwon to give Ryeowook a few days off to cool down. They turned the corner, walking through the work stations that were mostly empty.

Ryeowook felt the eyes of his colleagues that were still in the office, he felt his cheeks burn as they walked past. His shoulders slumped even more. “How am I going to come to work if they keep looking at me like that?” He thought as they reached Siwon and Hyukjae’s office, they heard muffled laughter on the other side of the door.

Ryeowook recognised his brother’s unique laugh and instantly dreaded opening the door, not wanting to find out what was happening. He bet his life savings that Leeteuk was telling them a mortifying childhood story, he whimpered aloud and hit his head on Kangin’s shoulder. Kangin sighed and pushed his head away.

“Enough with the sulking, Ryeowook.” He said sternly, the whole thing was undoubtedly cute but enough was enough. Ryeowook reluctantly let go of his arm, he hated when Kangin scolded him. It only happened rarely or if the elder was frustrated with him.

“Okay.” He mumbled pouting his lips.

Kangin opened the door, the laughter died as they entered the room. Ryeowook hid behind Kangin, suddenly aware of how many people were in the room. He peeked out and noticed Siwon watching him intently with those smouldering black eyes, making him feel for a moment as if they were the only two people in the room.

“Teuk, can you sort him out? He’s being clingy.” Kangin pleaded as he tried to step away from Ryeowook only to have his jacket pulled, forcing him back.  

Leeteuk watched with amusement although he shouldn’t, once Ryeowook gets embarrassed it takes days for him to settle. During that time he gets clingy, self-conscious and downright childish.

Going through school with Ryeowook hadn’t been boring and led to multiple misunderstandings between the students, themselves and the entire faculty. He had asked Ryeowook’s mother how he had developed such a habit but the woman had gone quiet and tight lipped about it that he never asked again.

Until Teuk had stumbled upon her in the kitchen one night, she had been drinking and spilled everything to him. He wished he could have unheard some of the things Wook’s mother had told him, he was only seventeen when she confessed that before she met his dad, Ryeowook’s childhood had been dark and depressing. You wouldn’t have thought it, looking at him now but it still made his heart ache when he thought about it.

Leeteuk walked over to his lover and brother, he gently pushed Kangin aside and enveloped Ryeowook into a hug.

“Has he always been like that?” Kyuhyun inquired with interest, he’d never seen someone act like that before, Sungmin was sitting on his lap.

“He’s been that way as long as I’ve known him.” Kangin replied, glad to be free of clingy Wook.

Siwon wanted so bad to push Leeteuk away and hug Ryeowook all to himself but at the same time it seemed anything else would have been intrusive and so he pushed past his jealous streak and watched, although more than anything, he wanted to be the one in Ryeowook’s arms.

~

Ryeowook waved goodbye to Kangin and his brother, watching their car disappear around the curb before going upstairs to his apartment. He had calmed down a little but would still pout or whine, Kangin had to drive because he wouldn’t let go of his brother. He decided that when he had a free day, he would make it up to Kangin.

Poor guy has to deal with so much of my crap, being Leeteuk’s boyfriend, Ryeowook thought as he opened the door and kicked his shoes off, he loosened his tie and took off his jacket before plopping himself on the giant bean bag.

Looking around the room, he noticed that he hadn’t had the time to unpack anything, staring at the brown boxes piled up in the corner of the tiny living space. Those boxes were the only splash of colour, apart from the bean bag, in the room. Everything else was white, off-white or cream.

Ryeowook stopped his perusing as he felt his phone vibrate and reached into his pocket, the screen flashed, indicating he had a message and opened it. His eyes widened when he saw the sender’s name.  Choi Siwon? I didn’t have his number, he thought as he began reading the message.

“Hope you are feeling better and if you are wondering how my number got into your phone, ask Leeteuk. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay and if you need a few days off, don’t hesitate to ask. Anyways, have a good night and sweet dreams.”

Ryeowook’s face turned red as finished reading, not sure whether to reply or not, his fingers hovering over the touch screen. Were all bosses this caring? Or was it just Siwon being nice to him? He took a deep breath and wiped all notions out of his mind, only replying with two words.

Thank You

~

“Ugh! I hate doing surveillance!” Changmin groaned, his constant complaining was giving Yunho the s. He had cursed Xiah when he told them to follow Ryeowook, he wished he’d gotten Micky or Jaejoong but they were too busy with something else.

Yunho sighed, watching the Kim boy was dull and uneventful but he could see why CEO Choi would have the hots for him, even he had to admit that Ryeowook was a cutie. He looked over at Changmin, who has started playing with the automatic windows, watching it go up and down. Yunho clenched his fist and pressed the child lock button.

“Knock it off, Changmin!!” He exclaimed angrily, Changmin pouted and sank in his seat, silently sulking away mumbling about how he could be at home playing video games. Yunho sighed in annoyance and continued looking at the rooftop apartment when he noticed a black car on the opposite side of the street, its occupants were also watching the building and surrounding area.

Every 2-3 minutes, one would survey the area while the other kept his eye on the apartment and then they would switch, Yunho knew very well who they were and what they were doing. He recognised them from back in the day before DBSK Productions got taken over. They were Siwon’s bodyguards, he turned back to Changmin, who had a displeased look on his face and knew that his partner had seen them too.

“What the are Minho and Key doing here?” He asked not even hiding the contempt and hatred he had for the two.

“I don’t know but we have to tell Xiah that Siwon is keeping tabs on the Kim boy as well.” Yunho replied, Xiah wouldn’t be too pleased to find out that Ryeowook now had protection 24/7.  He inwardly shuddered just thinking about what Xiah’s reaction would be. Nevertheless, he quickly typed a message to Xiah and put his phone away.

He glanced over to see Changmin still eying the car across the street. Yunho didn’t have a personal grudge against them like Changmin did, he always wondered what happened but he never pressed the issue.

“So,” he ventured. “You never told me what happened to make you hate them so much.” His voice suggested he didn’t care but inside was burning with curiosity as to why his friend looked ready to murder someone. Changmin looked at him with pursed lips, not sure if he was ready to tell Yunho everything. He still remembered the humiliation of it that he inwardly cringed just thinking about it.

“I’ll tell you next time.” He said to Yunho and just stared out the window.    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry if the chapter is short. will try to update quicker with the next chapter

For now enjoy and let me know what you think. Comments appreciated!!! ^_^