Chapter 2 - Meetings

Corporate Cutie

No One POV

Siwon sighed as he stared at the mountain of paperwork on his desk in front of him. He glanced at his brother’s desk, the pile on it just as big as his. It was times like this that he was glad his brother was a CEO too.

Although they have different mothers, they didn’t really care at being only half-brothers. Siwon still treated Hyukjae like he was his full blooded brother. He didn’t feel jealous at all because essentially, Hyukjae was in the same position as he was and neither wanted to lose the other because of family ambition.

Siwon took off his shirt jacket and tie, he looked to see Hyukjae strolling in. His brother’s clothes were crinkled and buttoned wrongly, his hair was sticking out in all directions and Siwon could see the hickey on the side of his neck, Hyukjae noticed Siwon staring and grinned his gummy smile.

“Let me guess. Donghae’s goodnight present?” Siwon mused.

“Can’t keep his hands of me.” Hyukjae joked and sat down at his desk, taking one look at the paperwork and groaned. Siwon chuckled, shaking his head.

Donghae, his assistant and Hyukjae were more or less dating. It had been a secret at first but Siwon had caught them in the presentation room mid tryst. Siwon was happy for Hyukjae, Donghae was also Siwon’s friend so he didn’t mind their relationship at all.

Heechul had been pretty bummed considering he had been eyeing Donghae for months, he had backed off and now had his eyes on Hangeng, the foreign rep for our division in China.

“So did you meet with the newbie today? Hae tells me he is a cutie.” Hyuk asked rearranging his shirt.

“Yes.”

“Yes you met him or yes he is a cutie?”

“Both.”

Hyukjae laughed at Siwon’s one word replies, Siwon blushed a little and coughed. Hyuk noticed how Won was acting and knew that he was interested in the newbie. He hadn’t met him yet and was slightly jealous of how Donghae had been talking about him.

Just how cute was this newbie? He can’t be cuter than Sungmin coz that would be impossible, that man is the definition of cute. Even before he had heard Kyuhyun and Henry in the meeting room talking about the newbie, both of them blushing.

“Can’t we take some of this home with us?” Hyuk asked pouting, he really didn’t feel like doing paper work and it could be done tomorrow considering it was the weekend and judging by how Siwon was just sitting there playing with his pen, he didn’t want to do it either.

“All right, we’ll take half and Heechul can do the rest with Kyuhyun and Shindong on Monday.” Siwon proposed, Hyuk fist pumped the air and put the necessary files in his briefcase, Siwon did the same, he put his jacket back on and stuffed the tie in his pocket.

“Let’s grab a drink before we go home.” Hyuk said as they walked out, Siwon nodded earning a high five from his brother.

 

Ryeowook POV

I knew Yesung had been holding something back about why our parents wanted to see us. I stare open mouthed at my stepfather, Jungsu and my mother have gone quiet, eyes downcast. I blinked again and spoke.

“Excuse me, you want me to what?” I asked again, pretty sure I heard wrong and that this is just a joke but the way my stepfather is looking at me I knew this was no joke.

“We want you to get married. Your mother and I have picked nine girls, who are from good families and any one of them would be beneficial to our company.”  He places several files in front of me, I cringe like they were the black plague.

This cannot be happening to me!  Why doesn’t he make Leeteuk marry one of these girls? Oh, I forgot. Jungsu came out to our parents years ago and on top of that, his partner Kangin is his lover/boyfriend.

Maybe I should come out too but somehow I don’t think our parents could take having two homoual sons. Still, shouldn’t my mother have an opinion on this? She is a smart woman and it’s pretty obvious that I bat for the other team or she knows and is not saying anything.

This is her subtle way of pressuring me to agree to this match making agreement and it seems I have no choice in this matter. Family obligations , I should have been born a girl. On the plus side, at least I get to pick who I will be miserable with for the rest of my life.

I’m beyond pissed but despite how I feel, I don’t want to disappointment my parents and I know that Jungsu is feeling really guilty right now.

“I’ll think about my choice and let you know in a weeks’ time.” I said taking the files and standing up, bowing to my parents and walking out of the room.

I made it to the driveway before I heard my name get called, I looked back and saw Jungsu running towards me. He stopped in front of me and enveloped me in a hug, it was quiet as he kept hugging me.

“I’m so sorry Wook. I should have warned you.” Jungsu apologizes and hugs me tighter.

I could hear the sincerity and guilt in his voice, I would have hugged him back if I weren’t holding the files. Even though we weren’t blood related, Jungsu never treated me any different, from the first time I met him he was always there for me.

“It’s okay hyung. This was bound to happen sooner or later.” I said to him and it was true.

At least it happened while I’m unattached, the image of Siwon came into my head, I shook it off. What the hell? Why did I picture him of all people? Oh god, I’m attracted to my boss. I inwardly groaned, this cannot happen now and any way these feeling will disappear in time. I hope.

Jungsu released me and gave me a small smile before answering his ringing phone.

“Kangin, yeah. He knows. Okay.” Jungsu held out the phone and pressed it against my ear.

“Hello.”

“Hey Wook. How you holding up?”

“I’ve been better, I’m going home.”

“No you’re not. Come out with Jungsu and have a drink.”

Hmmm, a drink was tempting, it wouldn’t hurt to have one.

“Okay, see you soon then.” I used a free hand and pushed the phone back to Jungsu.

Going out wouldn’t be so bad right now and I haven’t seen Kangin in a while so that’s a bonus. I put the files in the boot of Jungsu’s car, in a years’ time one of these girls will be my wife. The very thought gave me Goosebumps, maybe she and I could come to an agreement of sorts otherwise I don’t see this marriage working out.

Jungsu hangs up and comes to the car, he loosen his tie.

“He’s at Club Infinite, he bumped into some friends ad is waiting for us.” He tell me as he gets into the driver’s seat. Yesung went home hours ago but if we needed him during the night all we had to do was call and he would be there. I slid into the passenger seat and Jungsu sped out of our parent’s driveway.

 

Siwon POV

It felt good to catch up with Kangin, when he left our company, it saddened me. He was an excellent employee and a good friend, it was pure fate running into him at Club Infinite. Hyukjae and I come here often, Kangin told us he only just discovered this place, we were seated in a private booth on a platform overlooking the dance floor.

I sipped my cocktail and bobbed my head to the upbeat pop song blasting through the speakers. I saw Woohyun, one of the owners of the club and waved. He waved back and went back to dancing.

I turned back and saw Kangin wave to someone, I couldn’t see their faces. Kangin met them as they reached the platform and I grinned when I saw the familiar face, I nudged Hyukjae.

“Leeteuk!” The sandy blonde saw me and smiled.

“Siwon! Hyukjae!” He greeted coming over to us, he grabbed both of us in a group hug.

“Hyung, it’s been a while. How is your company doing?” I asked as we sat down.

Leeteuk had only worked for us for 3 years but we had gotten really close, he was like an unofficial big brother for Hyukjae and myself.

“It’s going great, I assume Kangin mentioned we both run the company now. The best thing we ever did to be honest.” He said as he looked over the drinks menu.

I noticed that Kangin still hasn’t joined us. He was on the steps talking to the person that Leeteuk had come in with. His back was to us so I couldn’t see his face but I got a familiar feeling.

“Who is Kangin-hyung talking to?” Hyukjae asked watching the pair. Kangin was now hugging the small male.

“Oh, that’s my stepbrother. He hasn’t seen Kangin in a while so I bought him along.”

“Kangin seems quite fond of your brother.” I said also watching the pair, Leeteuk was staring at them fondly.

“Ah, well Youngwoon doesn’t have any siblings so when he met Ryeowook, they both clicked and got attached to each other.”

Wait, did he just say Ryeowook? As in Kim Ryeowook? As in newbie who just started at our company Ryeowook?

“Ryeowook is your brother, Teuk?” I asked although I already knew the answer.

“Yes, as a matter of fact, he started at your company today. Have you met him yet?” Leeteuk waved to his brother, Kangin walked beside him, his arm over his shoulders.

“I have but Hyukjae hasn’t.” I said sculling my drink. Hyukjae looked at me weirdly and leaned in close.

“Yah, what’s up with you all of a sudden?” He whispered.

“Teuk’s brother is Kim Ryeowook, the newbie.” I said and Hyukjae’s mouth formed an “O”, he moved back and stared at me with an amused expression. I ignored it and straightened up as Kangin and Ryeowook reached our table.

Leeteuk did the introductions, if Ryeowook was surprised by our presence then he didn’t show it. He sat beside me and beside him was Kangin, I felt a little jealous at how close they were.

I noticed Kangin was very handsy with the younger, didn’t Leeteuk mind that his boyfriend was pawing his brother or was he used to it and just sees it as innocent displays of affection.

There was too much skin ship, I felt like hitting Kangin and that surprised me, I reached into the bowl the waitress had bought filled with nuts, not noticing that Ryeowook had reached in as well.

Our fingers touched, Ryeowook’s eyes widened slightly and he pulled back his hand and took a big gulp of his water. I stared at my hand, was it just me who felt the spark or did he feel it too?

 

No One POV

 

Ryeowook wanted to go home.

The awkwardness he felt was suffocating, meeting his bosses outside of work was weird and uncomfortable, not to mention that Siwon kept staring at him nonstop. After touching hands in the nut bowl, Ryeowook had avoided any sort of contact with his boss and turned his attention to the dance floor.

Before he turned back, he saw a familiar face in the middle amongst the energized dancers. He made eye contact with him and smiled and waved, Siwon was about to take a sip of his drink when he noticed Ryeowook’s attitude change, his eyes followed to where he was looking at.

A tall, handsome brunette smiled at Ryeowook and began making his way over with another male in tow behind him. Ryeowook met him at the top of the stairs, his arms crossed.

“Yah, why didn’t you tell me you were back in Korea?” He scolded the male before him, trying to look sad but a smile broke through.

“I’m sorry, Wook. I was going to come see you tomorrow. You know Mimi always keeps his word.” The male replied flashing a charming smile.

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and laughed, he had met his friend Zhoumi (Mimi was his nickname) in his second last year of high school. Zhoumi was an exchange student from China and Ryeowook had been assigned as his buddy since he could speak fluent Chinese and Mandarin.

They had become fast friends and even went to the same college but in the first semester, Zhoumi’s visa had expired so he had to go back to China and Ryeowook became solely focused on his studies.

“Oh, this is my friend, Xiah Junsu.” Zhoumi said in Chinese gesturing to the patient male behind him. “Xiah, this is Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook smiled and held out his hand for Xiah to shake.

“Hello Xiah, very pleased to meet you.” He responded in Chinese, Xiah’s eyes widened slightly and then he smiled, taking Ryeowook’s offered hand.

“I guess he wasn’t kidding when he mentioned you spoke Chinese.” Xiah mused in Korean, his smile never leaving his face. Ryeowook raised an eyebrow.

“Talks about me a lot, does he?” He teased, Zhoumi went red-faced and turned his attention to the table behind Ryeowook.

“Oh is that Leeteuk? I think I’ll go say hi.” He mumbled and walked off leaving Ryeowook with Xiah.

“Come on, you can sit next to me.” Ryeowook turned to move when Xiah stopped him.

“Do you wanna dance?” He asked

Ryeowook stood still contemplating his questions, he was never a good dancer. Plus, he never liked dancing in clubs, having random strangers grinding against you was a big no and it freaked Wookie out a little bit. He opened his mouth to decline when he saw the expression on Xiah’s face. He sighed.

“Okay.” He said with a hesitant smile and Xiah grabbed his hand and led through the crowd on the dance floor until they reached the middle, directly underneath the strobe lights.

It took a minute for Ryeowook to feel the beat and started to sway his hips, no one was looking at him oddly so he must be doing it right. He watched in envy at Xiah doing body waves, two steps and what not and wished he could dance like that.

Ryeowook tensed and shifted when he felt a stranger’s body against his, he smiled to Xiah but inside he was uncomfortable, the music changed abruptly to a techno pop song. Everyone cheered and started jumping, waving their hands in the air.

Not liking being jostled around, Ryeowook turned to let Xiah know he was going back to find that Xiah was nowhere in sight. Ryeowook shrugged and assumed that he was in the bathroom.

“Yo, you’re a cutie. Wanna have some fun?”

Ryeowook jumped at the sudden voice in his ear and turned to see three guys. All three of them had piercings on their faces and were wearing singlets to reveal their tattoos.

“Um, no thanks. I already have someone waiting for me.” He said in a polite tone, Ryeowook stepped away from them only to have one of them pull him back.

“We weren’t asking for permission.” The one with the shaved head said smirking, he grasped Ryeowook’s wrist tight.

“Let go of me or I’ll have you arrested.” Ryeowook threatened, glaring at them and trying to pull his wrist free.

The three guys just laughed at him and then proceeded to crowd around him, Ryeowook stiffened at how close they were. His eyes darted in all directions, why wasn’t anybody stopping them? Couldn’t they tell that Ryeowook didn’t want this?

He closed his eyes shut and all of a sudden, there were multiple groans and he was enveloped in warm, strong arms. He opened his eyes and looked up into the handsome face of his boss. Kangin and Leeteuk had one feet each on top of the shaved head guy and the other two were in headlocks, courtesy of Zhoumi and Hyukjae.

“When someone says no it means no.” Siwon said his eyes shooting fire.

“Come near him or touch him again and you will pay.” Leeteuk said digging his foot in just to make a point, Kangin dug his foot in too just for kicks.

 Ryeowook shivered and looked down, not happy that he was weak and needed rescuing but he couldn’t help feel relieved at the same time. Siwon felt the younger male tremble in his arms and held him tighter against his chest.

He almost had a mini heart attack when he saw Ryeowook alone with these three guys, Xiah was nowhere in sight and Siwon wanted to punch him for leaving Ryeowook, onlookers were wondering what had happened and crowded around.

Siwon spotted Woohyun approaching and waited until he was standing in front of him.

“Woohyun-ah, kick these guys out.” Siwon demanded after shaking his hand.

“What did they do?” Woohyun asked kneeling down.

“Tried to assault my brother.” Leeteuk told him, Woohyun sighed and flicked the shaved head guy on the forehead.

“Yah, Yong-Guk you pabo. I warned you the last time that none of that stuff is welcome in my club. You and your mates are banned from this establishment, don’t ever come here again.” He said menacingly and stood up.

Leeteuk, Kangin, Zhoumi and Hyukjae released the three and watched them hurry out of the club, shoving patrons as they went.

“Thanks Woohyun.” Siwon shook his hand and turned towards the door, Ryeowook stayed quiet, being in Siwon’s arms made him calm and safe.

His heart was beating rapidly and he could feel Siwon’s heartbeat too and was amazed at how fast it was. Why is his beating like that too? Does he feel attracted to me too? Ryeowook thought as he left the club in the safety of his bosses’ arms.

~

“You were supposed to kidnap him not try to have your way with him.” Xiah scolded covering his nose. The stench of the alley behind the club was nauseating, Yong-Guk bowed.

“I’m sorry sir. We’ll get him next time.”

Xiah scoffed at his lackey’s promising words and shooed them away, watching them scurry out of the alley.

“This plan of yours is flawed you know.”

Xiah turned to see his long-time friend and business partner Jaejoong leaning against the fire escape.

“If you succeed, not only will you upset the Kim Family but also the Park, Choi and Lee’s. You know that Siwon is fascinated with the Kim boy and Ryeowook’s stepfather is Leeteuk’s father.”

Xiah rolled his eyes, he already knew everything Jaejoong was telling him and only wished for him to shut his mouth.

“Why do you want the Kim boy?” Jaejoong questioned, Xiah smirked at his friend.

“I don’t want him, my target is Choi and Lee Corp as well as Park and Kim United, that boy is but a key pawn in my revenge.” He answered and walked up to Jaejoong.

“What about this little act with Zhoumi?”

“A necessary part of the plan. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. The Chinaman doesn’t know a thing about my real identity.”

Jaejoong had been sceptical about this plan from the start, ever since their company DBSK Productions had been bought out by Choi and Lee Corp, Xiah had gone insane with getting revenge saying that they forced their company into submission before doing a ‘hostile takeover’, it didn’t happen that way but Xiah has tendency to overreact and this was one of his overreactions.

Involving the Kim boy was only supposed to be a last resort but Xiah had been impatient and proceeded without him. How was he going to tell Yunho, Max and Micky that Xiah had jumped the gun on their plans?

“We have to be careful with how we go about this from now on thanks to you and your impatience.” Jaejoong remarked, Xiah only chuckled and patted his shoulder.

“Don’t worry my friend. This will only make the revenge much sweeter.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

chapter 2 is up!!! Yay!!! Eveything is set in motion. Enjoy.

comments are appreciated. ^_^