Trouble

Love Awakening

 

“Oppa, will you be sitting with us on Mama?” ask Chaerin while they are getting ready for the award night.

This will be their first major award event and they are really nervous going there. Performing is not hard for them but sitting together and having small talk with other artist is very hard for them. As they are the rookie group, they need to be able to sit through all of the performances.

“Of course, Youngbae will also be there” said Jiyong while fixing his hat

“He is but he told me that he will not be sitting on the chairs as audience, he will just stay in the dressing room.” Complain Chaerin while crossing her arms on her chest.

“The manager told me that we need to stay with the audience and it will be so nerve racking for us, I think we will only a few rookies there”

“Don’t worry too much, I will be there and I promise to join you on the artist chair” said Jiyong

“Promise Oppa?” said Chaerin putting out her pinky finger

Jiyong then cross his pinky finger with Chaerin “I promise” Chaerin was so happy that she hugs Jiyong tightly. “Thank you Oppa”

 

The awards night was fun for the girls they have won almost all awards they were nominated they couldn’t ask for more. When it’s time for top 3 main awards, the girls are not expecting much and were just happy that they are there and have met so many artists. Jiyong has stage with them most of the time and have help explain some of the things that were happening.

When song of the year was announce 2NE1 was declared the winner, not believing that they have won, Chaerin has look at Jiyong for reassurance.

Jiyong was so happy for their win that he instinctively hugs Chaerin, Chaerin getting caught off guard was disoriented and has walk to the opposite side of the stage.

When they have gone back to their sit, Jiyong was waiting for them and again has given Chaerin a hug. As Chaerin is the more cautious of Jiyong fan, she put a bit of distance beside her and Jiyong, but when Jiyong was announce as Album of the Year, she cannot help but join the celebration and also offer her congratulation.

 

When they were changing their clothes, Bom has slowly approach Chaerin.

“Chaerinah! Don’t get mad at unnie ok!” said Bom while holding her hand

“Why would I be mad unnie?” ask Chaerin

“Chaerinah! I just don’t want to see you get hurt babyrin that is why I’m showing this to you! Remember you promise not to get mad!”

Bom then show Chaerin an internet article about Jiyong and a japanese model caught dating. Chaerin was so surprised seeing Jiyong with another girl, he has not told her that his dating anybody and she really thought that Jiyong tell her everything.

And based on the picture it seems it was taken last summer when Jiyong was in Japan.

“Why are you showing this to me unnie? If Jiyong wants to date then he can do so.” Said Chaerin while still looking at the picture

“Chaerinah, Unnie knows you have feeling for Jiyong and before I also thought that Jiyong has feeling for you but it seems he’s now starting to date this Japanese girl.” Pout Bom

“Unnie, I always told you guys Jiyong oppa only look at me as a younger sister nothing more”

“Yah! I thought your smart, how Jiyong treat you is very different how Jiyong treat Minzy. We all let you to be since you guys are so perfect for each other but ever since I saw this article I just want you to know what’s happening and prepare yourself to possible heart break.”

All Bom can do now is just hug Chaerin and tried to give her strength, she didn’t want to intervene but Jiyong holding on to Chaerin while dating the Japanese girl is too upsetting for her. As she cannot confront Jiyong, it will be better for her to let Chaerin know before Chaerin get in too deep.

“What should I do unnie?” Chaerin softly ask Bom

“Do what you think is best for you but I think it’s better to distance yourself from him, give time for yourself to know if you really do love him or if it’s just because your together all the time.”

“I think you’re right unnie, especially now if he’s really dating then it’s not proper for me to be always with him.”

Chaerin finally deciding to just focus on 2NE1 and just think of Jiyong as a friend, a colleague nothing more and nothing less.

 

For the next couple of weeks, Jiyong has seen Chaerin less and less, she seldom hang out with them and just focus on recording, practise and performance. Every time he ask her to go out, shop or eat she always decline and always made a lot of excuses to not join him.

Every time he asks Xin to bring Chaerin with him, Xin will also tell him that they are busy and that they won’t be able to come. He always thought that Xin is his friend but it seem his loyalty is with Chaerin.

 

They are all to perform in SBS Gayo, Jiyong is very much looking forward to this as he can finally be with Chaerin and be able to talk to her.

When 2NE1 are brainstorming with SBS Gayo director for their stage, he made sure that he will be able to surprised them and be able to join the meeting.

“Annyonghaseyo!” Jiyong bow to everyone in the room

“Jiyong-shi, it’s nice for you to be here, are you joining us?” ask the director

“If you’ll allow me” he then proceed to sit down beside Chaerin

“Ok, let me explain to you what will happen, this year we will have a special stage were we will do a cross over performance. The boy group will perform the girl group song and vice versa, you can choose from which boy group you want to do collaboration with. But we were thinking that for CL and Minzy they will be dancing with some of 2PM boys.” Said the director

“What kind of dance will it be?” ask Chaerin

“We can leave it up to you and 2PM to decide but I think a y dance will go well with the fans” answer the director, not seeing the dark aura that is now forming in Jiyong.

“We don’t really encourage y dancing in YG especially for Minzy and CL as they are still minor” said Jiyong

“Of course, it’s just our suggestion, you can decide what ever dance you guys will do” the director was flustered with Jiyong replied

“How about, 2NE1, I and Youngbae will just do our own collaboration. Then that will be our special stage. I’m sure everyone will also want to see us together.” Jiyong suggested

“That’s a good idea Jiyong-shi, will put that in the performance list. You will be singing, Hearthbreaker, Korean Dream and Hello on your stage right? We can do the hello on the collaboration stage if you want” said the director while looking at his list

“No, we already done that in one of the award show, I will be singing the leaders on the collaboration with CL, Youngbae and Bom nuna will also do a duet together then 2NE1 then all of us will perform. It will be good right guys?” ask Jiyong to the rest of girls but looking at Chaerin

“Of course Oppa!” replied Chaerin forcing herself to smile at Jiyong

For the rest of the hour they continue to discuss their stages and time allocated for them. After saying goodbye to the director, they started to bow to the rest of staff and said their goodbye. Chaerin was doing it while going out of the door, while Jiyong is trying to follow Chaerin. When she was almost in 2NE1 van, Jiyong then pulls her arm gently.

“Chaerinah! Let’s talk please” said Jiyong softly

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Chaerin ask worriedly

“Let’s not talk here, I’ll drive you home” said Jiyong

“Oppa, I can’t we have practice and recording still” replied Chaerin looking for the girls

“Then let me take you to YG” demanded Jiyong

“What for Oppa? Our manager is here, I can just go with the girls” said Chaerin “Unnie, let’s go” she shouted upon seeing Bom and Dara”

“Why are you avoiding me?” ask Jiyong now minding if the other girl can hear them

Bom hearings Jiyong immediately approach them and remove Jiyong hand on Chaerin’s arm.

 “Jiyong, why don’t you ride with us instead? But wait for us inside while we just buy some food, I’m a bit hungry” said Bom while stirring them to enter the van.

“Unnie!” said Chaerin

“Let’s not attract unnecessary attention here, talk inside the van and no shouting please” said Bom

“Thanks Nuna” said Jiyong

“You have a few minutes, use it wisely” Bom said to Jiyong

 

Back with the other 2NE1 girls

“Why did you do that Bom?” ask Dara

“Chaerin need it, she won’t be able to move on, if she will not do it” explain Bom “Let’s go”

 

“Oppa, I don’t understand what’s wrong?” ask Chaerin once they are sitting face to face inside the van

“I haven’t seen you in a long time and it seem you’re avoiding me” said Jiyong

“Oppa, I heard you already have a girlfriend” looking into Jiyong’s eye while he is now trying to avoid looking into her

“Ahh she’s not yet my girlfriend, we are just going out” explain Jiyong

“You’re not serious with her Oppa?” ask Chaerin

“I don’t know… I just met her” replied Jiyong softly this is not how he want to talk with Chaerin but it has really caught him off guard.

“Oppa you do know once you have a girlfriend, we cannot spend as much time as we want too. It’s not fair for your girlfriend, no girl in their right mind will be ok with you spending time with another girl even if it’s me. It will be same for me once I have a boyfriend.” Said Chaerin

“What are you saying Chaerin?” ask Jiyong

“We are friend right Oppa?” Chaerin ask Jiyong and looking into him “You’re my big brother and I would want you to be happy in your relationship.”

“But why are you avoiding me?” Jiyong continue to ask

“Oppa we cannot continue as we once were, as I too don’t my boyfriend to be close to any girl” explain Chaerin

“Don’t avoid me please, I’m not used to not confiding in you, I need you to be able to talk to you discussed things. You and Youngbae are my best friend you two are the only one who can tell me if I’m getting out of line.” Said Jiyong

“Oppa, you’ll be busy and I’ll be busy in next coming months don’t worry too much and just try to spend as much as you can with your girlfriend, that will be her role now. You should introduce us sometimes.” Chaerin smiling to Jiyong

“Oppa, I will still be here when you need me, we will just lessen our shopping and eating time” Chaerin jokingly said

 

Chaerin was waiting for Jiyong to finally say his feeling for her but all she hears is her being his best friend. It seems this will only be the role that she will ever play in Jiyong’s life. Bom unnie is right, if she don’t distance herself she will only get hurt more. She will be happy for Jiyong oppa’s life and she vow to herself to never think of Jiyong as anything but her oppa.

 

At SBS Gayo stage practice

 

Chaerin and Jiyong is now about to start their practice, Jiyong was late coming in and he will just coming directly to do practice.

When the music start he start to perform his part and when Chaerin has enter his eye got big on what Chaerin was wearing, he’s lucky that his wearing a shade or else everyone will be able to see his reaction. Chaerin was wearing a bodysuit and her flat abs is shown, but what makes him angry is the it also has a very low neckline and the jacket was only covering her arms and nothing much.

After the practice, Jiyong directly go to Xin and pull him away from the rest.

 

“What were you thinking man! Why did you dress her like that?” said Jiyong

“It’s her signature look, what’s the big deal?” ask Xin

“Xin her look is fierce that is not fierce, everyone will just look at her body like it some food.” Exclaim Jiyong

“She has a nice body! And in the song she said that she’s hot hence the clothes” explain Xin

“Do something before I do something bad like cutting that body suit”

“Seriously?!” ask Xin

“Don’t temp me Xin” said Jiyong

“Arasso, arrasso I’ll use another jacket on her” said Xin

Jiyong was so pissed off the entire time that he was not able to enjoy his time with Chaerin. He was busy looking out for the girls and he can see a lot of the guys eye following Chaerin eveytime she walk passed them. They also did not sit together on the artist chair and it really pissing Jiyong off.

Everyone notice that Jiyong has his dark aura around and throughout all his performance and he didn’t even smile. Youngbae being the best friend has stick to Jiyong and tried to calm him down as much as he can. Tomorrow they are going back to Japan and they don’t need anything to go wrong.

When Chaerin has decided to categorized Jiyong as just friend, it was easier for her to not feel guilty when she smiles and talk to other guys.

Her and Jiyong performance was so much fun she thought that she will not be able to enjoy it as Jiyong is going emo again.

 

“Oppa, did Jiyong and his girlfriend fight again?” ask Chaerin to Xin

“Not that I know of, why did you ask?” replied Xin

“His dark aura is not moving, it usually last a few minutes but now it’s been hours.” Chaerin commented while munching on some chocolates

“You really don’t know why?” said Xin laughing

“No, I don’t know, I won’t ask you if I know” said Chaerin punching Xin arm

“Xin!” someone shouted when they look up it was a very pissed Jiyong

“Hey man, we just chilling here, waiting for the other girls so we can leave.” Explain Xin

“Oppa! I’m hungry can you treat us to some food, please?” Chaerin said cutely trying to remove Jiyong dark aura

“What do you want to eat Chaerinah?” ask Jiyong now smiling

“Oh! Wrap pork oppa, let’s go to our usual Pork restaurant. Can you please call Youngbae and the girls so we can go now? I’m really hungry ” Ask Chaerin

“Sure, I’ll just hurry them up” said Jiyong while going back in

“You sly, sly, sly girl!” Xin laughingly said to Chaerin

“What! see it divert the dark clouds”

"And you still haven't told me the reason for the dark clouds"

"Maybe next time when you'll already I'll tell you" joke Xin

"Come on, let's go to the girls, Bom nuna might be giving Jiyong a hard time now"

"You're right, come on let's hurry" Chaerin laughing run back to their dressing room.

 

_________________

Don't worry we are going to go fast forward on the next chapters...

Happy Reading!!!