Chapter Three

Tainted Serenity

 

 

Yesung’s right hand played a simple melody as his left one stayed on his lap, his mind somewhat lost and dazed as he sat in the lonesome music room.  Music had become his only sort of comfort and company. He didn’t seem to fit in with Heechul’s clan, and nor did he fit in with the human society either. So instead, he flees to the comfort of a quiet room with a piano. Siwon had even brought a piano, just for him and him only to use.

“Waiting for me?” A voice calls out, pulling Yesung out of his reverie as he turned to the doorway to see the lanky brunette standing there with a lopsided grin stretched across his face, a glint of amusement in his dark eyes.

“You’re late,” was all Yesung said before looking away, moving his hand away from the piano.

“Yeah, I had to run an errand for someone.” Kyuhyun shrugs casually, making his way over to the raven. Technically, what he had just said wasn’t a lie. He had to make a call to his boss to update him on how the mission is going.

Yesung frowns a little at the lack of apology from the other, but decided not to voice it as the other tried to squeeze himself onto the piano bench with him.

“So, how are you today?” Kyuhyun asks as he sends the other a charming smile.

“We will be covering basic music theory to start with this afternoon.” Yesung says, putting up a beginner’s book onto the piano.

“The weather is pretty goof today too, isn’t it?” Kyuhyun muses.

“Do you know the difference between the bass and  treble clef?”

“Can’t we just start with a friendly conversation?”

Yesung just turns and stares at him expressionlessly, choosing not to answer and ignore any questions that were irrelevant to music.

Kyuhyun sighs quietly in defeat, staring down at his lap. “It’d be great to know you better though….”

“You’ve came in late already and I will not bother to waste any more time.” Yesung says, standing up abruptly to reach for his bag.”But if you insist on such idle talk—“

“Alright, okay!” Kyuhyun says quickly, grabbing the ravens arm and tugs him back down. “I’ll behave.” He mutters under his breath.

Yesung raises an eyebrow in doubt but still finally accepts it and sits back down to start the lesson.

They spend the rest of the time on topic and used the time wisely like the way Yesung wanted as he attempts to teach Kyuhyun basic music theory. Luckily, Kyuhyun seemed to be a bright student and caught on to the new information fast. Kyuhyun behaved most of the time, except there were a few times where he’d be feeling a bit spontaneous and daring with his words, shamelessly trying to flirt with Yesung only to get an expressionless face back in reply.

And to be honest, Kyuhyun actually likes Yesung once he looked past the fact that he was actually a vampire. He’s nice, pretty sweet and tolerant towards Kyuhyun’s behavior, and just in general, absolutely adorable.  He’d blush a little whenever Kyuhyun complimented him or when Kyuhyun lets out a few inappropriate innuendos, which mostly resulted in a hard slap to the shoulder. He’s pretty too, not a bad sight to see every day after school. A slender and petite, almost feminine body, and shy smiles that could probably make Kyuhyun swoon if he weren’t so manly immune to demonic charms.

It took several more lessons for them both to finally talk and joke around freely without feeling awkward or tense around each other. Yesung still didn’t seem to fully appreciate Kyuhyun thoughtful ual innuendos, but at least he doesn’t hit him anymore, and instead, raises a mere eyebrow in amusement at how much Kyuhyun could come up with on the spot.

Kyuhyun really should get a move on his mission though, but he didn’t really feel like it. Anyways, there didn’t seem to be any threat yet, nor was his boss rushing him yet. So might as well enjoy playing around with his prey while he can before having the satisfaction to destroy them.
Too bad Yesung was one of his victims.

“Hey, how has Siwon been taking this?” Kyuhyun asks one time when there was a small pause in their lesson.

“Hm?” Yesung asks, looking up at the other oddly. “What do you mean?”

“Well, I know Siwon doesn’t like me, not really at least.” Kyuhyun mutters, clearing his throat a little. “I just….he doesn’t have anything to say about this?  You spending so much time after school with me and stuff?”

Yesung was silent for a solid minute before laughing a little, nervously almost. “Well….you see, those who say lying is bad, technically don’t have their heads on straight.” He said matter of factly, his fingers drumming lightly on his lap as he looked anywhere but the brunette next to him.

Kyuhyun’s brows furrow together for a moment, before he bursts out laughing. “You lied to him? Wh-what did you say instead?!” he said in-between his little laughing fit, already trying to imagine how gullible the other could be for falling for innocent Yesung’s lies.

“Stop it, it’s not funny.” Yesung whined a little, shoving the other with a pout. “ I just….I said that there’s a club member who wishes for extra training after class because he’s a bit shy, so I told Siwon that he couldn’t be there during practice so he wouldn’t be embarrassed….” Yesung mutters quietly, flushing a little at his horrible lie.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun grinned, reaching up to pinch the others pink cheeks lightly. “It’s a fair enough lie. It’s not completely false, so it’s okay.” He said with a grin, watching as Yesung smiled appreciatively at him.

“Good, because if you made fun of me, I won’t give you anymore lessons.” The raven said pointedly before reaching up to close the piano book before them. “Let’s end here for today.”

“Did I do well, teach?” Kyuhyun grinned cheekily, keeping a hand around the others wrist until he got an answer he liked.

“Yes,” The smaller says with a roll of his eyes as he stood up, trying to shake the other off. “You did very well,” he said, a small smile making its way across his face.

Yesung absent-mindedly let his fingers rest upon the keys and played a few simple notes when a comfortable silence passed over. Kyuhyun joined him not a moment later, trying to pick out the harmony that will match with the melody the raven was playing.

But as they both reached for the same note, their pinkies collided.

Kyuhyun laughs and jokingly grabs the others hand in an angry manner, Yesung giggling a little in amusement 

“Hey, um, Yesung?” The brunette suddenly says after they had packed their things together and was just about ready to leave.

The other hummed once in response as he swung his bag over his shoulders, clutching a few music books and a journal close to his chest.

“Can I….walk you home today?” The hunter asks quietly, and suddenly he flushes a little, his heart beating frantically in his chest.

You’re doing this for the mission, Cho Kyuhyun! The hunter inwardly scolded himself, trying to calm his palpitating heart.

“D-Don’t you have to go home yet though?” Yesung stammered out, also blushing an impossible red as he ducked his head a little, avoiding eye contact with the other.

“I…no, not yet.” Kyuhyun mutters, looking too shy for his own good.
Oh my god Kyuhyun breathes to himself. You’re being such a little school girl! Get your together Cho!

“S-Sure,” Yesung manages to stutter out again, still staring intently down at the ground.

Okay, act cool. Be the womanizer you are….
Kyuhyun smiles, or more like an awkward lip twitch, and reaches forward, gently tugging the books out of the smaller’s grasp. “Let me carry these for you,” he offered, tucking them under an arm before boldly reaching down with his free hand and grabbed one of the vampire’s tiny hands.

“I—What’re you doing?” Yesung squeaked, jumping a little at the intimate touch.

“I’m walking you home?” Kyuhyun smiled broadly before tugging the hand a little. “Let’s go.”

“B-But—“

Kyuhyun didn’t let the other say another word as he tugged the other out the room eagerly, dragging a bewildered Yesung behind him.


“Hey, this is far enough,” Yesung says, stopping a well block or two away from home.

“Do you live here?” Kyuhyun frowned, eyeing the teeny little yellow cottage they were standing in front of, finding it way too retro for a vampire’s living space.

“No.” Yesung frowned, slightly offended that Kyuhyun would ever think that he’d live in such a doll house. “I just….I don’t want Siwon to see me with you. He got really angry last time,” he whispers, cringing a little at the memory.

“Aw, come on. He’s gotta get used to it soon,” Kyuhyun said with a roll of his eyes before grinning slyly. “ ‘cause I’m not gonna give up just yet,” he whispered, chucking the others chin teasingly.

“Stop,” The raven whined a little, batting at the other’s hand, but Kyuhyun just grabbed his chin lightly and leant down, pressing their lips together softly. It was swift and quick, just a tiny peck, but Yesung still turned a tomato red.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?” The hunter asked quietly, pulling back only a little, gazing into the smaller’s warm golden eyes.

“I-I….y-y-yeah.” Yesung managed to stutter out coherently.

“Let’s do something else beside practice tomorrow, Okay? I wanna go somewhere fun with you.” Kyuhyun grins, enjoying how flustered the other appeared.

“B-But we—“

“I’m not taking ‘no’ as an answer.” The hunter said pointedly, before leaning down for another short kiss, stopping whatever else the raven had to say. “See you then,”

Yesung let out a few incoherent sounds as he tried to stop the other from leaving, but Kyuhyun just pressed another kiss to the shorter’s forehead with a chuckle before turning and leaving.

Once he was sure he was a safe distance away from the raven, Kyuhyun let out a breath he had been holding for a long time.

Oh my god why am I blushing?
Heart! Stop beating! I mean—stop beating so fast!
Body temperature, control yourself!

Kyuhyun lets out a weird sound that was a cross between a whine and a groan as he stomps a foot down in frustration, earning a few weird glances from passerbies.

He runs his hands tiredly through his caramel brown curls in exasperation. He really shouldn’t be feeling this way already, considering he’s barely known Yesung for a month. And not to mention, he was going to be a target of Kyuhyun’s, to-be dead one too.

Maybe you’ve just been lonely for too long. Kyuhyun tried to reassure himself. You’ll get over him eventually. Don’t let this ruin that large sum of money you’re going to get as a reward.

He nodded surely to himself before quickening his pace and hurried on home, wanting to just take a hot shower and curl up in bed to clear his racing mind.

 

 

 


A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter! Hope y'all are enjoying this >.<
Please leave some comments ♥ Upvotes would be great too!