Chai Chai Chai

Bittersweet Lovin'

2032. 

"Chai, where are you?" I asked right after Chatchai picked up my phone call. "I'm on the way, cupcake! Can you order for me? I want Chai latte," he answered. He was most likely driving, as I can hear the sound of roaring engines in the background. I chuckled lightly before replying, "Okay, one Chai for Chatchai coming up-" Saeeun grabbed my phone suddenly and put it close to her ears. "Where are you? I've missed you! Come back home, dad!"                 I smiled and ruffled her hair lovingly. 

--

I stared out the window, sighing to myself as I recall the memories. Saeeun's words reminded me of my own dad. Papa Son. That was my nickname for him. And then the incident happened. I remembered how I locked myself in my room for days, not wanting to talk to him, or anyone. Everything was a mess back then. I ruined my relationship with everyone I know, and ended up being hospitalized for a couple weeks. Thinking bout' it, it was pretty crazy how the whole mess started - it all started because of him. Him. Kris ing Wu. 

 

2014 - Naeun. 

"WHAT THE ING HELL ?!" The stranger yelled at me after he spilled his chocolate drink on his white towel. The spill was my fault - I admit to that, I seemed to have surprised him when I shrieked sounding like a dying cat. But really, how can I not?! What is this guy doing in my new room, shirtless with only towel wrapped around his waist?! "Who the hell are you?!" I yelled back, although my voice didn't sound as firm as I wanted it to be. Dang, his defined abs are making me lose my fierceness. 

"You're the intruder here, you better tell me who you are first before I call 911!" He angrily said to me as he tried to clean the stain on his towel with tissue. I scoffed before answering. "Me? The intruder? I'm a tenant here! This is my room! So what the hell are you doing in my room?!" 

He stopped cleaning his towel when he heard me and slowly bring his eyes to mine. "You're Son Naeun?" 

"Yes, that would be me. Now, you didn't answer my question!"

" I must say, I was expecting someone hotter... Anyway, I'm Chatchai. Call me Chai. I'm a tenant too, in the apartment next door." I was too focused on his name to reply him with a comeback. Chatchai? It definitely wasn't a Korean name, doesn't sound like a Japanese name, maybe a Chinese name?

"I'm Thai, by the way. Sawadee krap," he put his hands together, raising them to his forehead. I awkwardly followed his gesture. Thai, huh? How come I didn't notice that? Looking at his facial features once again, I noticed how his eyes were bigger than most asians. But really, you can't really tell his Thai by only looking at his face. 

--

"Naeun, can you help me get the plates?" I shot my head up at his voice. I nod and grabbed the plates from the sink, placing them neatly on the dining table.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            We met in a pretty awkward way, I must say, but as I talk to him more, I feel comfortable. He's actually a pretty laid-back and chill guy, and he promised me that he would teach me Thai when he have the time. He was twenty-four years old and a freelance photographer. We connected immediately as I'm a graphic design student, and graphic designers work with photographers. And now, here we are, preparing for our dinner - he cooks and I set the plates and stuff. 

A delicious smell reached up to my nose as Chatchai put my portion of fried rice on my plates and filled my glass with ice tea. "Tell me what you think about the fried rice! It's my fiancee's recipe." I took a whole spoon of the fried rice and ate it. "It's so freaking good!" I complimented him. He simply replied with a smile before drinking his ice tea. "You have a fiancee?" I asked, getting curious. 

Chatchai nod and looks up at the clock. "Yea, in fact, I texted her to come here. She should be here soon," he said, eyeing the door. Right then, the bell rang, making us go towards the door. Chatchai opened it, and there stood one of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Her beauty was different than those I'm used to see - she was slightly tan and doe-eyed. She hugged Chatchai gently before letting go and bowed at me. "Hi, I'm Kirana." 

Chatchai left the two of us alone when he went to the bathroom. I sat in front of her in the dining table. "So, you're Son Naeun, right? Welcome to Japan!" Kirana smiled at me, her hands doing a small jazz hand gesture. I grinned, more curious than ever about her. "Thank you, Kirana. Um, where do you come from, if you don't mind me asking?" 

"I'm Indonesian! But you see, I speak both Korean and Japanese. I went to highschool in Seoul, and stayed here for work, and well, my fiancee," she winked at me beofre chuckling softly. 

A/N: Sooo what do you think of the chapter? meet chai and kirana! heheh :D i'm using non-koreans here! I think it'll be fun to try ~ anyway, comment on what you think about it!