Lunch Together

Cover Up With Make Up

un-betaed

Chapter 2

My eyes were utterly glued to the people in front of me.

It’s not like I’ve not watched interviews before, it’s just unusual for me to watch these kinds of interviews. An interview between friends, the best of friends, is considered a rare sight for me. The last time I watch one of their interviews, which was TVXQ’s, was in Arirang last week, but that was just one of the usual interviews.

This one is totally different.

It looks like a casual talk between two people who had shared their memories together, but in reality, it holds a very deep meaning inside. They are talking about their trainee days, on how they developed as artists over the years. Are these two groups the best rivalry you ever saw, or are they the two groups who showed the best brotherhood? Definitely the latter and I must say their deep connection with each other is astounding.

I should be in my next destination in five hours, so I can linger here a bit more. I like watching them talk, and smile truthfully to each other. Honestly, I want to have a video of this and watch this interview all over again.

They finished their interview with heart-felt laughter, which sends butterflies in my stomach. Their smiles, their chuckles, their laughter, I want them to be happy for a long time like this. Happiness is short-felt though, for real life is a sure er for happy moments.

“Min Hee-sshi, would you like to join with us? We are going to eat lunch now.” Heechul offered. I don’t know if I should comply though.

“Make sure to order some extra food, we have Changmin here, remember?” Yunho said in a joking tone. Changmin quickly chuckled.

“Just because I can eat seven meals a day doesn’t mean I can’t control my appetite.” I wanted to laugh my of, but I decided to stifle a soft laugh instead. The other two did the job of laughing their asses of already.

“So Minhee-sshi, would you like to come and join us?” Yunho asked with a tone of concern.

“I, I don’t know Yunho-nim.” I answered nervously. “I mean, all of you are famous idols, and you tend to have violent fans that tend to look your every move. Also, I’m just curious, but why did you want me to join you three all of a sudden?”

“We usually tend to invite new interns to come eat with us.” Yunho explained with a smile. “And don’t worry about the fans, we are always prepared.”

“We are going to eat downstairs, just to be safe.” Changmin added. “The last time we invited an intern to come eat with us outside turned out to be a disaster.”

“Why?”

“I mean, fans were already scrambling towards us when they saw through our disguise. The intern was traumatized because she was almost beaten to death by jealous fans or should I say by jealous sasaengs.” Changmin said with a shudder. Yunho showed a look of disgust as an added reaction.

“I was really looking forward to lunch at that time. We all are. We planned everything, but it seems the fans’ eyes are more sharped recently. They saw through our disguises pretty well.” Yunho gravely said.

“I heard that the intern dropped out after that.” Heechul said in astonishment, rubbing his chin in amazement. “Ah fans, fans can do some crazy things just for their idols, huh.”

“Well, just like Changmin said, we are going to eat downstairs for safety.” I looked at them with wide eyes. “So, come on. I’m hungry.”

“We all are hyung, we all are.”


Lunch was served in no time. I quietly ate my lunch while they noisily ate theirs. Heechul was talking about Super Junior-M’s 3rd Mini Album, while Yunho was talking about their Japan Tour that is going to be held in late March. Changmin on the other hand, was staring at me while eating.

He had been doing this ever since I got here. His steely eyes are looking at me from head to toe, giving me the shivers. I gulped many times, and my hands kept on shaking. I slurped my ramen in the fastest way I could manage because of nervousness.

“Changmin-ah, don’t stare at Minhee-sshi like that. She couldn’t eat properly because of you.” Yunho reprimanded immediately. Heechul looked at Changmin with a confused look.

“I’m just curious about Minhee-yah, that’s all.” Changmin answered flatly. Changmin finished his third bowl of ramen in a flash.

“Well, we all are, aren’t we?” All of their three eyes stared at me suddenly, and for the nth time I gulped with full force. Never thought my first day would be like this.

“Your cousin was involved in an accident, which is why you offered to take her place for the time being, right?” I nodded immediately. “So, how’s life as a makeup artist?”

“Well, in the eyes of many, it seems easy, but it really isn’t that easy. You must be careful in taking care of one’s complexion, of one’s face and skin. Makeup is an art, yet not many people see it as art.” I explained with seriousness. They seemed to listen to me, in which I continued. “You must think of the wide range of possibilities in handling one’s face and complexion. You can use a lot of tools, and with the tools at hand, you must let out one’s inner beauty from within. Face, skin, eyes, lips, cheeks, hands; the list goes on and on. Really, it is fun being a makeup artist, although it is just my first time being one.”

“Hmm, I see.” They still seem to look only at me, so my nervousness was still unquenched. “How old are you anyway, Minhee-yah?”

“I’m 25 years old.” I said with certainty.

“You look beautiful, yet you don’t look your age.” Changmin commented. I blushed uncontrollably at the unexpected remark.

“By the way, why are you wearing that scarf?” Yunho asked. “You should take off your scarf to avoid discomfort since it is not that cold here now.”

I didn’t respond to his question immediately. I was lost for words. There is a reason why I never want to take off my scarf, but I never wanted to tell. They aren’t the people to pry onto other people’s life, but I’m still unsure of what to do.

“It, It’s my favorite scarf Yunho-nim.” I answered with a crooked smile. I know that they are the type of people who tend to be suspicious, but I must act like it is nothing. “It, it is a gift from my mother, and I want to treasure it by wearing it at all times.”

“Even in hot conditions like today? You’re tough.” Changmin remarked. He is still suspicious, at least they didn’t question further.

“In my observation, you tend to wear thick clothes.” I nodded half-heartedly. “I mean, a scarf is enough, but you also wear thick jackets and long stockings.”

“It’s just my style.” I said with a smirk. It truth, it isn’t. I prefer being than wear thick clothes. Yunho is right, I’m not comfortable in wearing thick clothing, but I must.

“Well, enough of questions about me.” I tried changing topic. “Thank you for the food, sunbae-nims. Would you like some simple retouch before leaving to your next destination?”

“Yes, we all need it.” Heechul said with a crude smile. In my surprise, Heechul-nim is the most quiet in our conversation. He is usually talkative, but not today.

“Okay, let’s start.” I said as I stood up from my chair. All of us stood in unison, and while I was preparing my equipment, I couldn’t help but feel that someone’s still looking at me.


Yey, an update. =w=