Second Day

Cover Up With Make Up

un-betaed


The first day they say, is the hardest day, so I was grateful when I finished the first day without anything bad happen. The sunbaenims tried giving me their phone numbers, no matter how hard I tried to deny. Their numbers are saved in my phone, meaning that I should keep it safe at all times. I tend to lose things though, so I should take extra measures.

Today is the second day, meaning there are fifty-eight days left. I wore one of my thickest jackets, and put on my scarf around my neck. The skirt and black stockings blended with my upper clothing, and my shoes complimented my outfit really well. I wore thick make-up today, and I decided to wear a pair of sunglasses as well. Carrying my make-up equipment, I quickly locked the door of my apartment and went towards my next destination.

My hands kept sweating when I went to the building, nervousness peaking up as I saw a lot of people waiting outside. It’s been a long time since I went here, and my mouth wouldn’t stop quivering. Sometimes I’m nervous, but not this much. Maybe I’m still new to this job yet I have to show a different façade. I’m going to the backstage, see different idols, and may even make-up some of them. I’m nervous because I don’t think positively, so I must gather up the needed courage before fully going in.

It’s a natural sight for me to see people waiting, but not in this kind of appearance. There are so many banners, light sticks, and even albums being held up by their hands. Somehow, I want to watch them perform instead of doing this job, I have the latest albums needed to be able to watch their performances, although most of them are pre-recorded. I’m still wiping my sweat when I went inside through the back door.

The dressing rooms are filled with different idol groups, and most of them are already being readied. I can feel that some of them are already pre-recording their performances, and I deeply sighed as I went inside my designated rooms. The room was fairly big, and there are so many people doing their work. I think that I have to watch them only today, for I think that I have no one to make-up for today.

Stylists doing their hair, make-up artists doing their faces, honestly, I want to go back and watch their performances for tonight instead. Someone saw me, and greeted me with a smile. I smiled back with an outstretch grin.

“Minhee-yah, you’re here!” the woman was Park Ina, the one who taught me the art of make-up. She was the one who gave me the idea to work here, at least for a while. I was forever grateful to her. “How are you doing? How was your first day?”

“I’m fine seonsaengnim. The first day was good.” the other people noticed me as well, and they started to go to my direction. “Are there still people for me left?”

“I think that you’re going to sit this one out Minhee-yah.” Ina-nim answered. I nodded with contentment. I’m itching to watch Ina-nim doing her work again, so it’s okay for me to sit this one out. “I’m going to wrap this one, so that you could see the performances for today. You can watch me while I do this, arasso?”

“De.”

“Ina-nim is this Minhee-yah, the one that you’re talking about?” a woman asked, which almost made me jump. She was pretty, and I have to force my mouth to close. “Annyeong-hasimnikka Han Minhee!”

It’s been a long time since I last saw them.

“Annyeong-hasimnikka, sunbaenim.” I bowed my head firmly, feeling the rose rushing through my cheeks. The others came to see me as well, increasing the hot feeling on my face. “I’m much honored to meet you.”

“Ina-nim, you didn’t tell me that she’s young. Add the fact that she’s so pretty, she could be mistaken for an idol.” another girl commented. I put my equipment on the table, eyes widened as they are now looking at me.

“Would you like to see us practice Minhee-sshi? You could even dance with us, if you like!” their smiles lighten up the tense feeling in my heart, but I have to deny to their offer of dancing though.

“I-I’m not a good dancer, sunbaenim.” I stuttered, holding my face pretty tight.

“Oh, we forgot to introduce ourselves!” their leader said. The other girls lined up in front of us, and they introduced themselves to me in a formal manner. “Annyeong-hasimnikka, we are So Nyeo Shi Dae!”

Taeyeon was the one who introduced the others, and my grin couldn’t get bigger. They’re here to perform their song from their latest album “Mr. Mr.”, which I really like. Their outfits match with the concept, and the song was catchy and easy to sing along. I even clap my hands without knowing, which made me want to hide since it looks like I embarrassed myself, again.

“Seonsaengnim, you’re done already?” I asked out of curiosity. Seonsaengnim looks like she’s going to the next dressing room, meaning that she is already finished here. “You’re so fast.”

“Well, I’ve got others to make-up, so it is really a task.” Ina-nim said warmly. “Don’t worry; you can hang around with them, maybe even get the autograph that you wanted.”

My blush couldn’t get redder than this, so I shrieked without knowing. They all laugh at me, but I know it’s my fault, so I laughed along with them after I recovered.

“She has a complete collection of your albums, you know? Look.” Ina-nim got a hold of my bag, and their came tumbling a lot of albums that I brought. I was really red at that point, that not even the cold air can help me cool down.

“Aigoo, so many!” the girls said in amusement.

“But, not one of them has been autographed. Maybe this is the perfect time.” Before I could say no, the girls rushed to get some pens. Well, I really collect their albums, and I’m contented with that. But it seems that it would get autographed. It’s an added bonus, but I still couldn’t stop blushing and grin like an idiot.

The girls got a hold of the albums now, and they signed each of them, one by one. Ina-nim kept nudging me, an evil smirk plastered on her face, and I could only stand behind. Aish! Why did seonsaengnim have to do that? It was embarrassing!

“Minhee-yah, you even got our first album!” Tiffany said with wonder. Before she could it, Taeyeon snatched the album and held it up high.

“Taeyeon-unnie, let us sign!” Seohyun said, and the other girls agreed. Taeyeon signed it first, before giving it to Tiffany.

“It’s really amazing, having a fan collecting our albums.” Sooyoung commented, smiling at me. “Come sing with us Minhee-ah!”

“We want to spend our time with you after this Minhee-ah. If our schedule is not so tight anymore, surely we would invite you to come and hang out with us!” Sunny said with her cat-like grin. Aigoo, she’s really cute.

“Hey, let’s do a sing along! Let’s sing Mr. Mr.!” Taeyeon offered. They all agreed, even Ina-nim. I couldn’t deny their offer now, so I nodded.

“Well, I have other people to make-up, so it’ll be Minhee-yah who will be here with you.” Ina-nim smirked, and somehow I was nervous again. “Gotta go now, annyeong!”

“Annyeong!” I’m now left with SNSD, but the door opened again, and it revealed two people who also looked familiar.

Oh boy, do my life is getting pretty big starting yesterday, but it’s good.

I wish I could survive this though.