Chapter 2

That One Moment

A/N : Gifs and pictures are not mine~!

 


 

Blink once.

Blink twice.

Excuse me?

Big eyed giant pushes past the dumbfounded doctor, half carrying half dragging the other person towards the couch at the corner of the room.

“Help my friend, please. I think he sprained his ankle.”

Finally realizing what’s happening, Baekhyun snapped out of her trance and does her best to look stern.

“You cannot do this. If you need help, you should go to the counter first and wait for your turn.”

Big eyed giant sighs.

“But-“

“Chanyeol, I got this.” The other guy says, and Chanyeol just huffs in respond, jutting out his bottom lip and goes to Jongdae’s desk.

Baekhyun eyes this Chanyeol guy who’s now sitting on the desk while playing with Jongdae’s Catbug plushie curiously.

“We’re very sorry for interrupting. I had a little accident just outside this hospital building, so we thought it would be okay to just come to Jongdae as we know that she’s supposed to be having a break right now.” The other giant says, wincing every time he shifts his left leg. Then he looks at Baekhyun, tilting his head. “Speaking of which, where is she?”

Baekhyun, now looking at the giant on the couch; looking like an angry bird in pain, sighs. “Out for coffee, I guess.” She moves towards the man on the couch and crouches in front of him. She lifts his left leg carefully, gently peeling off his shoe and sock and inspects the said leg. She notices Chanyeol moving around behind her and looming herself with his tree-like body.

Yup, sprained ankle indeed. The area around the ankle is a bit swollen, and a bit bluish. However, there’re also some other old bruises.

“Does this happen often?” She looked up at the sprained-ankle angry bird -Baekhyun should really stop naming strangers based on their appearences while reaching out towards the small refrigerator next to the couch and takes out a bag of ice. Sprained-ankle angry bird looks a bit sheepish while Chanyeol snorts loudly behind her.

“He’s been making out with the ground a lot, actually.” Chanyeol murmured amusedly under his breath, making his friend glare at him.

“Shut up, Chanyeol.”

A small smile makes its way onto Baekhyun’s face, and she lets out a soft laugh, pressing the bag of ice onto the swollen ankle gingerly.

 

 

For the second time of the day, the door slams open and reveals the so called magnificent Kim Jongdae, looking around lazily and strolls inside the room, wearing an unimpressed and I'm-in-no-mood-to-take-any--from-anyone expression, holding a cup of coffee each in both her  hands.

“Sprained his ankle?” She asks to no one in particular, and Chanyeol just shrugs, hugging Jongdae’s plushie tight.

“Again? This has been, like, the fifth time you sprained your ankle this month, Kris. And give me back my Sir Jeffers!” She wrestles the plushie out of Chanyeol’s grip and hugs it to herself, only after safely putting the coffees on the table.

Kris huffs in annoyance. “In my defense, I haven’t been using these legs for almost a year, okay.”

Baekhyun stops, but only for a moment before she starts applying pressure again. She works in silence for a few minutes. Chanyeol and Jongdae are totally immersed in their discussion on which is better; being a sasaeng fan or being an anti-fan.

Kris watches Baekhyun work. How her brows furrowed in concentration, hands careful not to put pressure onto the ice bag more than necessary, and how her lips curl upwards every time a loud smack is heard, -courtesy of Jongdae- followed by a pained yelp -courtesy of Chanyeol-.

 

 

As the swell subsides, Baekhyun takes out a roll of bandage and wraps it around the ankle. Chanyeol and Jongdae are now quiet; Jongdae preparing herself for the coming patients and Chanyeol playing with Kris's fingers silently beside him. The two giants look adorable and Baekhyun almost can't take her eyes off them.

Almost.

Five more minutes and she's done! Baekhyun huffs out in satisfaction and she stands on her feet, stretching her strained back.

"The next time I see you here is when you get me coffee from the coffee house across the road." Jongdae says from her desk, listing her face up from the files she's reading through. "I love the coffee but there is no way I'm going back there." She squints her eyes and huffs out in annoyance.

Both Kris and Chanyeol sigh.

"Luhan?"

"Don't! Say his name again and I'll cut off your manhood." Jongdae points her pen at both Kris and Chanyeol, and if looks could kill, there’d be two dead giants in the room.

Chanyeol, however, is unaffected and rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

Baekhyun smiles fondly. "Alright, now run along you two. We still have work, you know." She ushers Chanyeol and Kris out of the office, with little difficulty of course. Kris has to lean on Chanyeol for support as he limp towards the door.

Chanyeol turns around and smile brightly at Baekhyun. "I like you, Miss Doctor. Hope to see you again!" Chanyeol says loudly and waves.

Baekhyun just giggles at the childish act and waves back, watching as they turn around the corner at the hallway.

"There's your caramel mocha on your table." Jongdae says with a lot of spite and hisses at the cup, as if it has been taunting her.

Baekhyun turns around and looks at her partner-turned-friend.

She sighs.

"Alright, alright. What did Luhan do this time?" Baekhyun asks as she walks and takes a seat at her own desk.

 

 

If Jongdae's a cat, her ears would perk up, as if she's been waiting for someone who's willing to listen to her ramble.

She gets up and literally throws herself at Baekhyun.

"He- he- he ruined my chances with Minseok! Oh god, why must he always get in my way?!" Here comes the loud wail and tight hug.

Now, Jongdae has this really small tiny weeny little secret crush on the barista working at the coffee shop, Black Pearl, across the road.

 

 

Okay, that's a lie.

 

 

Jongdae has a HUGE, massive not-so-secret crush on Minseok.

He's this cute, chubby but lean guy who opened Black Pearl with his best friend just two weeks ago.

Seriously, who name a coffee shop based on a fictional pirate's ship name?

The coffee sold there tastes heavenly anyway. Jongdae started her moves on Minseok just a week after the shop is opened and goes there every day 'to get her daily dosage of coffee'.

Baekhyun just snorts everytime Jongdae gives her that.

“Whatever you say, baozi lover.” would be her response.

Jongdae would’ve probably –the keyword is ‘probably’- succeeded on her moves by now if it weren’t for the barista’s best friend slash partner, Luhan.

He’ll do anything to ‘ruin’ –as Jongdae calls it- Jongdae’s trials on Minseok and nobody have any idea why he does so.

Okay, maybe only Jongdae doesn’t know why. Everyone’s got a good guess by now.

 

 

Baekhyun just sighs and lets her friend settle comfortably on her lap, rubbing her back soothingly as she listens to her going on and on on what Luhan did to her every time her plans tumble-down, just like right now.

 

 

“You know, Jongdae, maybe you should … change your target?” Baekhyun suggests, not sounding very sure herself.

“I told you before, and I will tell you once again, I will not hit on Luhan.” Jongdae says from her comfortable position on Baekhyun’s lap, her head tucked under Baekhyun’s chin.

“Aww, but why? We both know that he likes you.” Baekhyun tries to look at Jongdae’s expressions.

Jongdae huffs and looks up at Baekhyun. “If he likes me, then he should help me with Minseok. Besides, I like a manly man. Luhan is not someone you’d call manly, is he?”

Baekhyun gasps. “How dare you! You have no right to judge a man by his looks. And Minseok is not that manly looking himself. He looks like a hamster waiting to be pet on the head!"

“I don’t care.”

Baekhyun just sighs at the retort and decided that it’s time to let it go.

“Fine. Now get off. You’re not as light as you think you are.” Baekhyun pokes Jongdae’s cheek and giggles when Jongdae pinches her hand.

“Don’t wanna. You’re comfy.”

Oh well. Let’s just say that Baekhyun doesn’t give a damn about Jongdae’s when she pushes her off her lap. 

 


 

A/N : A-yo geeks, I'm back! Hoho

 

There you go! Baekhyun and Jongdae's friendship FTW!!!!

I swear, these two are killing me. Every . Single. Day. And we don't even live in the same country!

 

I hope I didn't dissapoint you lovely geeks too much with this new chapter! >^<

As always, please excuse my petty grammar. I will improve. Promise!

 

Oh! Here are Luhan and Minseok for you guys!

 

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Subscribe, and tell me your thoughts on this story so far on the comment section below.

Till next time, see ya geeks! 

 

p/s : Lovely Yixing sends you a kiss