Chapter 1

That One Moment

A/N : Pictures are not mine~! xD

 

"Hey, I'm back. Missed me?" Baekhyun whispered, smiling softly. But of course, no one answered, except for the gentle breeze, gracefully dancing along with the fallen autumn leaves. She crouched beside the grave, putting down a bouquet of tulips and started, silently, clearing up the dried leaves that had piled on the grave. 

Still smiling, she laid her hand on the headstone, apologizing for not visiting the deceased husband for a long time, then, keeping him updated with the recent happenings in her life, before promising that she'll come by more often now that she'll stay in Korea for good.

Baekhyun kissed the headstone and got up, eyes gentle as she stared fondly at the words embed on the headstone.

"With Love, We Remember
Jung Daehyun
8.6.1985 - 27.8.2011
An obedient son, A hero-like brother,
And a loving husband
Always In Our Hearts, Forever In Our Thoughts"

 


 

Baekhyun strolled along the pathway in complete silence, feet rustling along dried leaves while she hummed to a sweet melody under her breath. She walked slowly, hugging herself tight, enjoying the wind grazing her small body. Her face calm, a small smile stayed like it never belonged to anywhere else.

She stopped smiling, however when she heard a deep voice ... rapping?

Of all places, why would anyone want to rap on a graveyard? She thought to herself, brows furrowed in concentration as she tried to follow the sound.

She didn't have to try hard actually.

She hid behind a tree as she watched a man mumble along the words, probably not even aware of his surroundings. The man, she observed, was ... blond. Yup, that's the first thing she noticed about the guy. There's a wheelchair beside him. Baekhyun couldn't really see his face as he was slumping against a headstone, dirty golden bangs covering his face. 

"I know,
I used to say
I'll be a good kid,
But everytime I leave, 
Your tears fall out,
It's like a rainy day,
It never ends,
And I never get back to my head,
Oh God, Please..."

It sounded kinda ... weird ... if Baekhyun was to be honest to herself. The blond guy was rapping along the words without any beat accompanying whatsoever, making it a bit ... awkward. Not that Baekhyun knew anything about rap.

The guy started singing softly, loud enough for Baekhyun to be able to listen to him clearly.

"I smile,
Don't wanna see you cry,
Just sing me a lullaby,
I cry,
For you to see you smile,
This will be my lullaby"

Blond guy lifted his face. He's young, face void of any emotion. His eyes were looking so deep, yet so blank. It's hard to guess what's on the guy's mind. He didn't have the best voice, but Baekhun's heart still clenched, listening to the words the man sang to the grave. To his mother.

The man, now quiet, tilted his head and looked at the sky. He took a deep breath, and slowly closed his eyes, feeling the warmth of the autumn sun.

Baekhyun's gaze linger on the guy and lean on the tree she was hiding behind. She looked up. 

The sky was clear that day. Blank. Empty. Just like the both of them.

 


 

It's been a month since Baekhyun returned to Korea and started working as a doctor in a hospital.

It's hard. Being a doctor. Being the one people go to, hoping to get cured. Hoping to feel better. Baekhyun enjoys being one, nonetheless. She knew what was coming the moment she decided to study medics.

She struggled, yes, for the first couple of weeks. She did have her uncertaities at some point, thinking whether or not she should just quit, and start working at a small clinic or something.

But then, looking at her patients, thanking her gratefully when she gave them a way to get better, giving them hopes, she thought, yup, it was all worth the trouble.

Besides, she met Jongdae, another doctor working in the same unit. 

Jongdae is a cool, pretty, feline-like girl, a little snarky who sometimes Baekhyun thinks is a spawn of satan. She liked to play pranks on other staffs just for the fun of it.

But she meant no harm. Other than those naughty tricks and that little sharp tongue, she's a sweet person and Baekhyun liked her. Very much.

It was that one day, Jongdae was out for lunch and Baekhyun stayed, in case there'll be a patient in need. 

Baekhyun was minding her own bussiness, drawing stick figures on papers, sweet soft melody filling the space, enjoying that rare moment of peace without Jongdae to shout next to her ears just to annoy her, when suddenly the door slammed open. 

A giant -dragging behind him another giant- was panting heavily, big eyes darting everywhere, searching, before landing on Baekhyun and his deep voice which doesn't match his baby face at all boomed, demanding, "Where's that troll?!".  

And there goes her peace.

 

 

 

 

A/N : Aaand here goes the first chap! Quite boring actually, hehe.

This is just the introduction for some characters in the story. Others will come later ^_^ Forgive my grammar and limited vocabulary and also, boring choices of words and phrases I AM IN DIRE NEED OF A BETA-READER OH GOD SOMEONE HELP ME!.  

Here's Funky JayDee for you geeks!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Subscribe, and tell me your thoughts on this story so far on the comment section below.

Till next time, see ya geeks!