Carving Stamps

Bulletproof Messaging
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Au revoir, class!”

“Au revoir, madame.”

Seo Young made her way out of her French class with her textbook in hand.

Her next class was art, which was just across the hall from French class. Seo Young loved art class, since that was the easiest and most carefree class for her.

Walking down the hall, there was another door that had to be opened to go into the east wing, where art class was. Seo Young shifted her textbook onto her left arm so that her right arm was free to turn the door handle. Slipping through, she made it to her class, which was the first one on the left.

“Oh, it’s locked?” She asked her classmates, who were leisurely standing outside waiting for the teacher to come unlock it. Seo Young tried the handle but found that it wouldn’t budge. Giving up, she leaned against the wall with her classmates.

“Hey, Seo Young.”

She looked up to see her friend from art class smiling at her.

“Oh, hey, An Gi.” She smiled back warmly.

Instantly, An Gi began sparking up a conversation as if they’ve been talking for the past hour. Talking to An Gi was always fun because there was never any awkward silences.

“So, like, Teen Top, man! We should totally go!” An Gi exclaimed.

Seo Young jumped up and down excitedly. “I know! C.A.P is going to be there. OMG!”

“Yeah! And-”

“Chi Hoon.”

Seo Young and An Gi stopped talking when they heard Hye Mi’s voice.

Hye Mi didn’t seem to notice anyone else in front of the art class except for Chi Hoon, who was one of her friends.

“Yo.” Chi Hoon gave a nod to acknowledge her before turning his head back to his phone.

“Yah! I’m trying to talk to you!” Hye Mi whined.

An Gi rolled her eyes. Seo Young knew why. An Gi had told her that Hye Mi was mean even before An Gi knew her. A year ago, An Gi had taken a selca with her best friend and posted it online. It turned out that Hye Mi was An Gi’s friend’s cousin. Upon seeing the selca, Hye Mi had said that An Gi was ugly.  Seriously, who does that?

“Hey, Chi Hoon. I have some news that I wanna tell you.”  Hye Mi started.

Just then, the art teacher showed up.

Seo Young rolled her eyes along with An Gi and motioned towards the classroom. “Come on, let’s go. The bell’s gonna ring in a few seconds.”

Just as she was about to enter, An Gi pulled her back.

“Omo, Omo, Seo Young! It’s the guy I like!” she fangirled.

Seo Young looked over her shoulder. “Psh, girl, you can do better than that,” she teased, when the guy walked by.

“What? He’s HOT.” An Gi argued.

Seo Young laughed. “I guess he doesn’t look that bad…”

Her thoughts trailed off as she saw a figure entering through the east wing door.

Whaaat?

Jungkook was now walking down the hallway, and, since art class was the first room in the hallway, he would have to pass through the whole class.

He didn’t really seem to notice anyone in particular, until Hye Mi spoke up.

“Hi!” she chirped.

Seo Young’s thoughts were jumbled. First, she had no idea that Jungkook had class in the same building as her this period. And two, she had no idea those two were friends with each other.

Seo Young didn’t dare to look at Jungkook directly, afraid that if she did, he would think that she was some kind of creepy stalker. Her sister was supposedly already stalking him on Facebook, so she didn’t want to add anything else to make the guy uncomfortable.

Jungkook walked past Hye Mi and to his own class with no audible response- at least that’s what Seo Young saw. She didn’t hear him say anything, and a heavy weight was lifted off her chest. She didn’t know how she would’ve reacted if J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter