First Kiss (Key)

Steps TO your HEART

Comme Des and Garcons were pulling on their leashes as Key waited in the cold. Even though he was dressed really warmly, he had been waiting for quite a long time, shivering in the cold. Rubbing his hands together and sticking them in his pockets, he heaved a sigh. He shouldn’t have been way too excited over meeting in the park at night. But he had been dating his girl for a little over a month now, and they seldom had the time to meet unplanned like this. He was way too busy with preparing for concerts and his musicals for a proper date.

Finally, the girl he had been waiting for appeared. “Sorry I’m late!” She gave him an apologetic smile, and he smiled back. “It’s okay. I think I came wayyyy too early.”
“Eiiii… That’s so cliché.” She said as she hit him on the arm.
Noticing his two dogs excitedly on their hind legs clamoring for her attention, she bent down to pat and hug the both of them, kissing them both on the lips. Key watched with jealousy as they rained kisses on her, their pink tongues her lips nonstop. He ran his tongue over his lips… and damn, they were really dry. Impatient, he tugged on both their leashes and they were jerked back suddenly.

Facing them with a half annoyed tone, he began scolding them. “Yah! Comme Des, Garcons! How could you guys! I haven’t even kissed her yet and you guys get all the action first! Not fair!”Resisting the urge to stamp his feet on the ground like a spoilt child, Key turned to the girl beside him, who was blushing but at the same time, trying to contain her laughter. All he could do was to pout at her and give her a sad look. “Let’s go.” Trying to avoid any possible sudden movements from Key, she held his hand and took Comme Des’s leash as they walked through the park.

Halfway through, Comme Des refused to walk, and she picked him up in her arms, letting go of Key’s hand in the process. “Comme Des-ah, are you tired?”She looked down and asked the dog as he snuggled up to her warmth. Looking up at her, Comme Des raised his head and simply her lips again. Key gripped Garcons leash tighter around his hands, jealousy surging inside him. “Put him down, he’s acting spoilt.”
“You sure?” She replied, uncertain.
“Yeah, I’m their dad, I know it when he’s really tired.”Laughing, she slowly placed Comme Des on the ground, and sure enough, as she put the dog down, he was back to his usual hyper active and happy self, pulling and tugging at the leash to run ahead.

Noticing her slightly shivering, Key once again took her hands in his, and snuck her hand in his pocket as they walked along. She occasionally leaned on his shoulders, and he kissed her on the forehead whenever she did that, but actually hoping to kiss her lips instead. They had an enjoyable time catching up with each other and with her, Key felt really happy even though he was extremely tired out from his schedules. Stopping at a café to rest, Key tied the dogs to the chairs, and went in to get coffee for both of them.

Coming out with a cup of warm latte for her and iced Americano for himself (he was steaming mad with frustration at his dogs getting all the action so he needed that to cool down); he met with the sight of his girlfriend chuckling loudly with Garcons on her lap, and him her face nonstop. “Garcons! Stop it!” She laughed out loud. Key silently and bitterly cursed Garcons in his mind as he sat down with the two cups of coffee. “_____-ah, put him down and have your coffee.” Key said as he pushed the cup of warm latte towards her. Placing the dog on the ground beside her, she gratefully took the coffee and had a sip. “Ahhhh… Now I’m warm!” She smiled brightly at Key, and he smiled back at her, his frustrations and bitterness disappearing within a second.

She was actually really amused at how he was acting whenever she had any skinship with his dogs, and she had actually been deliberately teasing him by doing extra to both Comme Des and Garcons. After all, she was a dog lover and she didn’t mind, besides, both dogs were really warm and it felt good getting so much attention from them.

After finishing up their coffee, she noticed that Key was silent, and had his hands stuck in his pocket instead of holding her hand. Wondering what was wrong, it didn’t take her long enough to realize, when he kept sniffing beside her. The almighty Kim Ki Bum of SHINee was feeling cold. Worried for him, she took a long scarf out of her handbag, and wrapped it around her boyfriend’s neck.
“Thanks.” He sniffed. Digging through her bag, she found a chapstick and applied it on her lips as they felt a little dry. Noticing Key’s dry lips, she offered her chapstick to him.
“Want some?”She said as she applied another layer over her lips.
“Yes please.” Key replied in English. Pushing her chapstick towards his lips, she was surprised when he pushed her hand away, grabbed her waist, and leaned in to kiss her. It didn’t take her long to get back to her senses and kiss him back.

Pulling apart, Key couldn’t stop the huge grin from spreading across his face. “Now I’m warm!”He smiled brightly and his face lit up like a kid. Before she could reply, he continued, facing his dogs and pointing to them in glee. “AHA! SEE! I GOT A KISS TOO! THAT!” He stuck his tongue out at the both of them and as if rehearsed, both of them yawned at the same time. “YA! What’s the meaning of that!”Chuckling at her boyfriend’s mental breakdown, _____ was doubled over when Key faced her again. Once again pulling her towards him, he looked down at her, “I’ll give you something to laugh about.” He said in a low whisper, and then leaned in again for another kiss.