Night Confession (Key)

Steps TO your HEART

For the first time since he debuted, Key was nervous. He sat at the table with a bouquet of roses on the table and took a deep breath. Raising his hand to push it through his hair, he stopped halfway, remembering he had his hair slicked back and slowly he put his hand down again. Drumming his fingers on the table and tapping his feet, he was sure he looked like a nervous wreck now.

To the people at the restaurant who recognized the idol, they were thinking just the opposite. He looked every bit the perfection. Wearing a suit, dyed blonde hair, sharp facial features and a gaze that can send most girls to their knees, the guys at the restaurant can’t help but feel a slight tinge of envy. To them, the guy had everything; looks, money, fashion sense, and charisma.

Unbeknownst to them, Key felt like a loser at that moment. He was anticipating the thing that he had been eyeing for, the only thing he’ll be willing to give everything up for; a girl. He wasn’t even sure he was going to succeed. But he knew he couldn’t give up without trying because he knew it was in his character to fight. Rubbing his sweaty palms against his trousers under the table, he could only wish that things would go well.

Finally, she arrived, wearing a white short dress, and looking as radiant and as beautiful as ever. Key grinned and got up to pull out her chair for her. Pulling her hair behind her ears, she whispered a thank you and sat down while he pushed the chair in at the perfect moment. ‘No screw ups so far, yes!’Key mentally praised himself. As he sat down, he took the bouquet that he left on the table and handed it to her.
“A beautiful bouquet for a beautiful lady.” He said as he smiled charmingly at her.
She smiled, and smelled the flowers. “Roses! How did you know they were my favorite?”
Key smiled at her, his eyes twinkling. ‘SCORE!’

The dinner went well without any glitches and Key decided to move forward in his plan. Uncomfortable being in the public eye (girls were looking at him and boyfriends were giving him the evil eye), he decided to bring her for a drive. ‘Open car door, check! Seatbelt, check!’Key started the car and drove towards his destination. “Where are we going?” She asked.
“You’ll know.” Key replied mysteriously.
Driving to a place where they could overlook the Seoul scenery, Key stopped the car and looked at the girl he hoped would soon become his. ‘If my plan succeeds.’ He thought to himself.

Her eyes were shining bright as she looked at the beautiful lights before her.
“How did you even… find this place?”
She turned to Key, dazzling him with her smile, so excited that her hands were clasped into fists on her lap.
He couldn’t help but smile back.
“Well, it’s one of my favorite places to come to when I’m sad or just need some time alone.”
‘Well, this is it.’ Key took a deep breath and took up the courage to finally grasp his hand over hers.

At that moment, her eyes widened and she had a slight blush on her face, which Key found to be very cute. Nervous and looking at her hands clasped within his instead, he found the courage to say what he wanted to say. “_____, listen carefully to what I have to say. Even though I’ll say it more than once if you want to, but I hope you know, that it took me a lot of courage just to do this.”Pausing a moment to look into her eyes, he continued. “If I didn’t make it obvious enough already, I really like you. I… I’ve never felt this way for any one before. And I like you to the extent that I even think about spending the rest of my life with you. And to a person like me that likes to live in the present every day, it’s new and overwhelming at the same time. But because of you, because it’s with you, I’m good with it. Will you… Will you…” He was apprehensive of saying the word ‘girlfriend’ because to him, she was his whole world. Finding the correct sentence, Key took another deep breath, lowered his gaze to their (still!) entangled hands and continued with his confession. “Will you… be willing to take my hand from now onwards?”

“Well…” Key clenched his eyes shut tight as he prepared himself for what’s to come.  Taking her hand that wasn’t in his and tilting his face to look at her, she replied. “I am already holding your hand aren’t I?”Her eyes were twinkling with a hint of mischief and cheekiness, the exact look that he fell hard for. Key didn’t know what to reply, but as he stared into Seoul’s night lights in the distance, a huge beam on his face, and her hands still clasped within his, he knew at this moment, he was the happiest man on earth.