Nightmares

Black Blood

 

Nightmares

Dreams. 

Such pitiful things. Humans have them. These dreams, giving them hope of a 'better reality', but me myself.....I prefer fear. Nightmares. 

Hope. Joy. Such mundane things mean nothing to me but nightmares.......such dangerously beautiful things. 

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~

Jasmina


Dark and musty. I could smell the mildew slowly growing in the stained walls around me. 

"Humans are so disgusting.", I said to myself as I waited in the darkness. The female human hurried  into the room with salty fearful tears in her eyes. She struggled to lock the door as clobbering foot steps made their way closer.

Closer. Closer. Closer.

The steps were like a clock ticking to midnight. The girl's heavy breathing increased as the yelling and screaming started.

"Open this door Gabby!!! IM NOT DONE TALKING TO YOU!!", the man yelled banging even louder while the girl screamed tears falling down her face as the door boomed behind her bruised back.

"LEAVE ME ALONE YONGNAM!!", she yelled in between sobs. 

"I'm only going to tell you this once, Gabrielle. I own you and don't you ever for get that, .", with one last bang and slam, the man was finally gone. 

"It's about time.", I said to myself moving closer to her from the darkness. With tears still fresh she crawled into her bed trying to force sleep upon herself. 

"Poor thing. Doesn't know how to leave. Tsk tsk tsk.", a voice said from next to me. I smirked, looking over at my slightly younger sister, Ari, coming out of the darkness beside me. 

"I know.", I agreed with a shake of my head.
"But it always makes for a good nightmare don't you think?", I said my fangs out while I smirked. 

She chuckled before motioning towards the sleeping girl. Slowly I walked away from the wall towards the bed. She stirs restlessly with her breath furrowed. I didn't feel like killing her so instead of sitting on her chest, like most nightmare demons do, I simply laid a hand on her head. Transporting myself into her dream. Her Nightmare. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabby was sitting at the end of an old hotel hallway, holding herself into a ball. She was beaten, bruised, cut, and bleeding from her tears. Yelling and screaming coming through the walls while door bang around us. Causally I walked up to her, she looked up at me bloody tears in her eyes.

"Who are you?"she asked her voice shaky. I smiled and kneeled down to her level as my eyes I felt my eyes turn red while my  teeth sharpened in my mouth. I my lips on hunger, as I felt the fear and pain practically in her very breath. 

"I am your Nightmare.", I said before I began tearing her apart until her dream self was barely alive. Barely breathing. 

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~

I flashed back into reality. My eyes no longer glowing red and my teeth no longer fangs. I removed my hand from her forehead, waking away from her now unconscious body, turning towards my sister. 

"Are you done yet? I'm so bored!", she complained looking done at her elongated nails. 

"Why must you be so easily bored?", I puffed walking back into the shadows with her. 

"Because I like things to go wrong, and you ma'am, have the least interesting powers."

"Oh please, I like my powers they are rather useful to me. All mental. With physical aspects. Other than just brute strength. I would never want to be a chaos demon.", I said in a matter of fact type voice. She scuffed while I grinned at her opening up a portal back to our realm. We took a step through it, and were transported into Hell. All around us was dark red, the smell of molten in the air, hellhounds howled to the red moon while demons flew around. Others walking. 

"Jasmina! I'll race you home!", Ari said unfolding her  large black and red dragon wings from her back. A mischievous smirk on her face when she looked over at me. 

"HEY!!", I exclaimed as she shot in the air head towards Hades's castle. Our father's castle.
"You know I can't fly!"

"You better start running then!", she said laughing.

"I don't run!"

In hell, it was easier for me to move through the shadows, one of my powers a nightmare demon. Transporting myself different places through them is one of my many specialties. 
I stopped trying to catch up and just found a shadow to create a portal. I stepped into the portal and closed it behind me. Inside was black, like a hallway made of night. At the end of this 'hallway' was a light. I walked toward it knowing where it was going to take me. 

Quickly I stepped through the light and came through inside the thrown room where my father Hades aka Seung Hyun, was talking to his adviser, Ji yong, The raven king. 

"Hades! Those featherless white birds are planning to attack us yet again."

"How would they? They are too 'pure' to enter the depths of Hell for a simple attack. They know it would burn them slowly just as much as I know.", my father said as he causally sat on his theme made of bones and fire. Ji yong nodded in agreement before he saw me. I nodded my head in acknowledgement of him as he smiled like he always does with a beak that matches those of the birds that follow him. 

"Hello Jasmina.", he said causing my father to turn around and see me.  I sighed before walking around to face them from the front instead of hiding behind them. 

"Hello Ji Yong. Father.", I greeted my hands casually resting in the pockets of my black pants. 

"Did you just get back? Where are your sisters?", my father asked from his seat. 

"Yes I did, Ari should be on her way but I don't know where Eryn and Haliey have gone."

"You four should be more careful and stay together. The angels are starting to take more ambitious measures to have is be more damned then we already are.", Hades growled out. 

"Father, you worry too much. Eryn and Haliey are older and can take care of themselves. And Ari has far passed proven herself to be an very able Demoness.", I argued. 

"Don't argue with me with such childish motives, Mina. You are more level headed then your sisters and I expect you to act as such.", he said firmly. I just stood there staring into his now red eyes while he called me by the name he had called me by since birth. 
He sighed, "Did you have another vision?"

"Yes I did, but I don't see anything that would be of much use.", I said with a shrug. 

"What did you see?", he asked his curiosity peaking slightly. 

"Like I said nothing, nothing but black and white feathers covered in blood.", I said before leaving the room. 

I was headed towards the other end of the castle. The castle itself smelled of brimestone, fire, and death. It was not but icy at the same time, contradicting itself. I passed by lower hierarchy demons who bowed in acknowledgement to me as I walked thorough the hallways. Leisurely, I walked to the double doors if my chambers, pushing them open to see oldest sister Haliey laying on my bed watching human TV. Haliey was a succubus, and she was always either watching TV or feeding in the way demons do. 

She sighed in boredom before turning to see me.

"MINA!! Oh my Gosh! Where have you been? I'm SOO bored and I can't find any humans to play with!", she pouted draping her arms around me dramatically. I laughed at my succubus sister's antics.

"Haliey, if I was a human, I wouldn't want to play with you either."

"Awww, your no fun!", she complained playfully twitching her devil tail and large bat wings.

"Your kind fun and our kind fun are completely different thing, Haliey.", Ari said crotched on the ledge, folding her wings back onto her back.

"You cheated!", she exclaimed hopping down from the ledge, storming into the room.

"How did I?", I said siting on my bed feigning innocence.

"Do play that bull! You shadows jumped!"

"So? You never gave rules, you just said race and I won.", I said grin while she groaned falling out on the floor. 

"Don't kill yourself, you can't be the head of the military if you are dead.", I said causing her to pop back up and jump on the bed next to me.

"Your right.", she sighed dramatically.

"Could you girls not be so childish.", my younger older sister Eryn scolded walking into the warm room, giving it a cool chill, as ice surrounded the floor she touched with her nearly pale blue skin. 

Eryn is a Yuki-Onna, a snow demon. Her mother was killed after birth for plots of killing off the Hades and his mistress, Haliey's mother at the time. I was the same for all of us, our mothers went insane after birth trying to kill the woman before her but usually they all end the same way. 
Dead.

"Eryn, could you not be so cold all the time? No well okay then.", Haliey countered. 

"Oh hush succubus, go find yourself a new toy or something."

The two stared at each other before laughing. All of us sitting on my bed.

"Mina, I heard you feed but find kill a human today! I'm surprised, you usually can't stand them. I'm curious.", Eryn stated resting hand on her chin gracefully. I just shrugged my eyes not moving from the TV.

"There no point in killing something that already wants to die.", I stated simply.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

NamJoon 

Prowl in the darkness, watching the demon. Watching the prey watch it's prey. He growled, eyes glowing a snot color green. Acid dripping from his lips and black tongue flapping loosely through heated breath.

"Joon, we are waiting for you. The human girl looks like she is coming.", Zelo said into my head from his post on the other side of the monster. 

"Wait for it."

"Joon, she is right there!", Jimin yelled into my head. 

"Wait."

"JOON!", they both yelled as the demon became restless. 
Excited for death and pain like demons always are.

"Now!", I yelled out loud jumping on the demons back, cutting a holy symbol into him burning him. 
The human girl walked by unaware of the fight that just saved her life. 
The hellhound snarled at me trying to spit acid in my face while I wrestled him. 

"Watch out!", Jungkook yelled out as his blade found it's way into to he heart of the thing. It screeched and twitched before puffing into nothingness. 

"Namjoon! Why do you always wait until the last minute?", Jungkook scolded.

"Yeah man, I'm tired of having to save your behind your supposed to be the best.", Zelo teased. 

"That's not it. The right time to kill isn't always the perfect time."

With that, spreading our pure white wings.
We flew away.