Chapter 2

Im Sorry

  Year 2014

Tears were forming in his eyes whilst he read her letter. Reading it again and again, he felt that his heart and soul was being broken bit by bit. Realising that he had wasted 20 mins crying, he looked at his watch and began to run towards his car. Driving like a madman, he knew that he had to hurry to stop her from leaving. Tears were forming once again as he remembers the last thing he said to her and the last sentence she wrote to him in her letter.

"I'm so sorry Sica," he screamed in frustration when he realised that he took the wrong turn and had driven into a jam. Hitting the steering wheel, he looked up and saw the necklace he gave her, hanging on his rearview mirror. How the crystal glistened when the sunlight shines on it. Memories of them both filled his mind as he remembered how happy she was when he gave her that necklace. Looking back at the road filled with cars, he was determined to meet her and try to stop her.

 

She heard someone called her name softly, trying to wake her up from her sleep. She opened her eyes, fighting the urge of hoping he would be with her. She looked into a pair of worried yet caring hazel brown eyes, knowing that she was causing him to be worried. She felt her heart flutter a bit. However, it was only by a bit. She formed a small smile, trying to tell him that she was fine but, he knows her far too well and she knew he can tell that she was lying. He let out a sigh and squeezed her hand lightly before getting out the car and unloading their bags. She looked at him from the inside of the car and wondered why he still chose her, after knowing her true feelings, yet she felt grateful for having him by her side. She quietly exits the car and went behind him, knowing that he was too busy unloading to notice her. Her small arms wrapped around his built yet warm body, snuggling her face to his back. He smiled and turned around so that she could hug him properly.

"Thank you, Kris. For everything and for staying by my side. I don't know what to do without you." she mumbled and she buried her face further into his chest, crying silently trying to not let him know. She felt his arms wrapping around her, as he brought her closer to feel his heart.

" This heart will only and always beat for you, so don't cry anymore, princess. Know that I will forever wait for you," she felt his lips on the top of her head and she cried, even more, hearing his words. She looked up into his eyes and saw how sincere his words were. His thumb wiped away her tears and she closed her eyes as he leaned forward to kiss her forehead. Opening her eyes, she saw him smile lovingly at her and together they walked hand in hand in the airport while pushing the trolley filled with their luggage.

 

April 5 2009 ( 5 years ago)

Jessica was sitting at her usual seat at the back of her English class, not bothering to listen to the teacher as she looked out of the window. In a dazed state, she did not realise that her seatmate had exchange places with someone who had been watching her very closely. She felt a gaze on her and turned to look at a pair of warm brown eyes looking directly at her. Heat rose in her cheeks as she quickly looked away from the eyes. Feeling his gaze still on her, she turned to glare at him and saw that he had his head on the table, continuing to stare at her. A small smile started to form on his face when he realised that she was starting to get annoyed.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something on my face?" Jessica started to whisper furiously at him. She noticed that he was grinning and lifted his head to directly look at her.

"There's nothing on your face. Your face is perfect the way it is," he said giving his charming smile. He noticed that she was blushing and pretended that she did not bother with what he had said. She turned back to look at him and noticed that he was still continuing to stare at her. She raised her eyebrows, questioning him whether he was gonna listen to the English teacher.

"Nah. Like you, I'm fluent in English." he winked at her and rest his head on the table, closing his eyes in the process.

" haaaaa... Kris, you should really change your attitude. How will you be in a serious relationship if you don't show any commitment to your studies." she sighed as she looked his peaceful face resting. Shaking her head, she continued looking out the window and let her mind wander.

 

Afternoon

( Jessica p.o.v)

" KRING~~~~"

The bell which indicated the end of the third period jolted me awake from my nap. I heard a groan beside me and saw that Kris had just woken up too. I looked at his face and saw that they were half open, just like mine. He ruffled his hair, making it messy but in a good way. How can a guy look this good just after waking up I do not know? Sighing, I stretched my arms out and turn my body towards Kris.

"Yah! Why are you still staring at me? Got nothing else to do is it?" I said, irritated with him staring at me again. He just chuckled at me and ruffled my hair before leaving his seat. I stared in disbelief as he messed my hair before leaving the class. I pouted and took out my phone to fix my hair. Haish how could he do this to me and my hair.

"Sica~aa! Let's go eat! I'm hungry!" I heard the voice of the person I longed since we parted, and a smile played on my lips I turned to where the voice came from and saw Hae leaning against the classroom door waiting for me. I quickly covered my ears as I started to hear the fangirls screaming his name and my name together.

"HAESICA! HAESICA!" Their fan chants made me feel irritated but the way he said my name together with his made me smile. How I wish we were together but fate was cruel to me and my feelings. I sighed and shake my head. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt my hand being pulled and let out my infamous scream.

"Ouch! What the hell Sica!" I heard Donghae groaned and quickly giggled as I saw him covering his ears. I smiled and apologised, trying to hold in my laughter. He smiled the smile that warms my heart and gives me butterflies every time I look into his eyes. How I wish that I could just hug him and confess but I know that it will change the way we are now. I sighed again and got up from my seat. I grabbed his hand and together, left the classroom hand in hand. How I really wish it was like this every day but I know that we will forever be best friends.

Pushing my thoughts out of my mind, I just smiled at what he said earlier, pretending I listening to him all the way.