Chapter 4

Im Sorry

April 6 2009

(Jessica P.O.V)

I was walking in the hallways all so familiar to me with no one in sight and being all alone. I had just searched all over the place for someone or anything that is living. Sighing, I decided to give up looking and just started to walk around aimlessly. Passing by windows after windows, I looked towards the sky and saw that it had started to rain lightly with the sun slightly covered by clouds. Feeling lonely, I started to sing our song to calm myself and soon looked out the window. My ears started to pick up a soft melody which sounded like a piano being played and I smiled widely. Finally someone other than me! I began to look for the source and found myself outside the music room. The song from the piano was all too familiar to me and I knew who was playing it as only the two of us knew the song. I realised that the door was slightly ajar and soon found myself grabbing the doorknob to fully open it. The brightness of the room blinded me for a bit but I didn't care. I look up and smile widely. There he was, in a white suit looking as handsome as ever. He had his eyes closed as he was playing our song as he knew it by heart. I slowly started to walk towards him when he came to the end of the song and was about to call out his name. But I stopped. He was looking in another direction. Towards something or someone with his loving gaze. I too turned towards that direction and saw someone in a white gown with her back towards us standing near the windows, looking out. He got up from his seat and slowly went behind her. His arms embraced her from behind and his smile was ever so wide. The next thing he said, broke my heart into two. "Will you marry me?" And so faintly I heard her reply which made my soul cry in anguish. "Yes!" Tears started to fall and I found myself shutting the door with a loud bang. I slide my back against the wall beside the door and soon hugging my knees, crying like there was no tomorrow. The opening of the door and the distinctive footsteps told me that he was beside me. " Jess. Jess.." He slowly reached out to touch me as if I was fragile glass. All of a sudden, he started shouting my name.

" JESSICA!!"

"JESSICA! WAKE THE HELL UP!" I was woken up by someone calling my name from outside my door and sighed in relief that it was all just a dream. I realised that the person calling my name was none other than him and I started to smile.

 

" Jessica if you're not gonna wake up and open this door right now, I am so gonna come in there!" He threatened me like he does every time I did not wake up. I chuckled softly and as soon as I heard the door open, I quickly pretended that I was asleep and tried to hold back my smile. I felt his face near mine as he checked to see if I was pretending to sleep. He gently shook me and called my name out softly. Not going to give in so easily I continued pretending and soon I heard him sigh.

" Ha... I guess breakfast can wait." I heard him giving up and unlocking his phone. The urge to open my eyes was strong but I hold back. Soon I felt him going over to the other side of my queen-size bed and lay beside me. My heart was thumping really loud as I tried so hard not to blush. I turned to face him and saw that his face was really close to mine. Luckily he had dozed off for a while and couldn't see my blushing face. His face was only an inch apart from mine and his minty breath can be smelled as his mouth was agape slightly. His lips so close to mine that if I just move my head up slightly, I could have already kissed him. Soon his beautiful eyes opened and our gazes locked.

" I know I'm handsome, but you don't need to stare at me for a long time, right?" His smile makes me flustered as he teased me for looking at him. I blushed a bit and quickly composed myself, and cheekily smiled at him.

"How can I not stare at you. Your face is too big that it totally blocked my whole view." I retorted back and covered my face with the blanket again. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. I felt his breath on my hair. " Good morning Princess." He mumbled as he kisses my head. It was a good thing I hid my face under the blanket so that he couldn't see my face blushing madly.

" We gotta hurry though, Princess. We're gonna be late for school if you don't get ready now." He said he lay back on my pillows. I peeked out of the blanket and glance at the clock. 7 am. I turned back and glared at him. His mischievous smile can be seen as he hid behind my pillow so that he couldn't see my glare.

"YAH! Why did you wake me up so early? Are you crazy?" I snapped at him but I could only hear him laugh in response. I started hitting him my pillow and heard him laughing even more. Smirking, I started to tickle him, knowing it is more than hitting him. Soon I had him begging me to stop. I smiled triumphantly and demanded an explanation of why he woke me up so early. He gave me a sheepish smile.

"You usually take about half an hour showering and adding 15 mins to pick out an outfit. Add another 20 to do your hair and makeup. 10 mins to pack your stuff and 15 mins to eat your breakfast. So, by waking you up two hours earlier than usual, should give us enough time to casually drive to school and also the crowd would be lesser too'. " He took a deep breath after explaining to me. I smiled sheepishly as I realised that I do take a long time to get ready. Sighing, I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom. I turned back to look him and quickly walked back to my bed.

" You wanted me to get ready and now you're sleeping on my bed? Get up Donghae!" I pulled my blanket that was covering him and forcefully took my pillow that he was hugging.

"While you're getting ready and showering, I could take a nap Jess!" he whined as I pushed him off my bed and tried to dragged him out my room. I shook my head when he gave me his puppy eyes to let him sleep in my room while I showered.

" NO! YOU CAN SLEEP ON THE COUCH DOWNSTAIRS! IF I LET YOU SLEEP IN HERE WHILE I SHOWER, WHO KNOWS WHAT ERTIC THOUGHTS YOU MIGHT HAVE!" I smacked his head and slammed the door, not forgetting to lock it shut. I heard him complaining about how the couch wasn't as comfortable as my bed and how I was being selfish and how he was not a ert. I laughed loud enough for him to hear and soon enough, his stomping could be heard going downstairs. Smiling, I entered my bathroom and took my time showering.

True to what Donghae said, I took 25 mins to shower, 5 mins to dry my hair, 10 mins to choose my outfit and 15 to do my hair and makeup.

I grabbed my phone and bag and headed downstairs. The smell of breakfast being made had my stomach growling and my mouth drooling. I heard plates being set up on the table and saw that Hae had already made breakfast for both us. He smiled, looking at me coming down the stairs and grabbed my bag from my hand. I smiled and settled down on the seat opposite from him and at that moment, our breakfast was blissful and I cherished will this moment in my memories.

" Bye butler Lee. We're gonna go now!" I called out to my butler and closed the main door of the house. Donghae already had the car running and had opened the passenger seat for me to get in. He closed my door for me as I entered the car and took my bag to be placed in the backseat. After making sure we are ready to go, the car drove out of my driveway and onto the road to school.

Like Donghae predicted, the crowd around us was lesser and not as many were screaming our names.

"I hate it when you're right!" I mumbled loud enough for him to hear. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders as if saying 'i-told-you-so' and slowly got out of the car.

After meeting the usual gang in the morning, I grabbed what I needed and headed to my class.

"Ok class. Settle down now. We have a new transfer student here today and I hope you all will help her get used to the school. Come on in Yoona!" Ms Park told the new student to enter and I held my breath. She was so beautiful as if she had just finished a photo shoot as a model.

" Hi. My name is I'm Yoona and I hope we can get along!" She smiled brightly to all of us and continued introducing herself. My mind slowly drifted back to this morning as I recalled the dream I had and tried to recall back the image of the girl Donghae had proposed to. Deep in my thoughts, I didn't realise that Ms Park had called my name three times now until Kris tapped my shoulder. I snapped out of my dazed state and turned towards Ms' Park.

"Jessica, how many times do I have to tell you, not to zone out in my class. Haa. Nevermind. I will repeat what I was saying earlier. I want you to give Yoona a tour around the school and let her get used to the school surroundings." I opened my mouth to protest but I was cut off when she raised her hand to silence me before continuing." By accepting this, you're allowed to sleep in my class for the next two classes that we have ." Ms Park, knowing I would be unwilling to do this, gave me an offer I could not resist. I smiled at her and agreed that I would take Yoona around the school. To make it easier for Yoona and me to get along, Ms Park assigned Yoona to the seat next to me, making Kris groaned out of frustration.

"Hi, I'm Yoona! Thank you for helping me. I hope we can become great friends!" She smiled brightly at me and took her hand out to shake mine. Seeing how nice she was and listening to my gut that she can be trusted, I gave her a genuine smile and started introducing myself.

"You're THE Jessica Jung? I didn't picture you like this at all. I'm so sorry as I thought you would be mean and arrogant like those queen bees in other schools." She smiled apologetically as I told her my name. I gave her a confused look and ask her how and when had she heard of me. She smiled and said that she passed by some students to ask for directions to class and was told to be aware of Jessica Jung and her arrogant attitude. I sighed as I heard that and she gave a smile of apology. I shake my head and said that it was alright. that I was used to these words by haters. We both laugh it off and smiled at each other. Maybe befriending her will not be so bad after all.

After the third period, Yoona and I had gotten much closer and found out that we had a lot in common. As usual, the screams to indicate Donghae had arrived were outside my class. Yoona gave a puzzled look and turned to me to explain. I laugh and said to her that the most popular guy in school is here. As if on cue, Donghae entered and screamed my name like a little kid who got a new toy. Yoona became startled with Donghae's attitude and jumped back a little. Her eyes widen even more when Donghae gave me a hug in front of her.

" Are you sure that you both are not dating?" Yoona repeated her question for the 10th time. I shook my head and laughed along with the group. We had just come back from going around the school and now are having lunch with my group. Donghae had just gone to the toilet and I gave a sigh of relief of being able to control my heart again. Yoona and my group got along well like how she was with me and I was glad that there wasn't any uncomfortable aura around us. My group began complaining of how I and Donghae should just date and how we were both denying our feelings for each other. I shook my head and became lazy to even retaliate against their claims. Yoona laughed and the mood if possible brighten even further. She was like the missing piece in our group and I was glad to have met her.

Though the feeling of happiness could not be contained in me, somewhere deep down inside, I had a feeling that there would be a change coming with Yoona's arrival.


HIHIHIHIHI!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY THAT I TOTALLY DID NOT UPDATE FOR HOW MANY MONTHS! I actually have forgotten about this story and had no idea how to go on. So to those who subscribe to this story... IM TOTALLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AND THANK YOU FOR YOU ALL BEING PATIENT! And I hope this chapter was up to your liking and expect an update by the end of this week ;) Love All Of You andHope you all would be cheered up with this chapter and move on if you know what I mean...

~Fiforever