Couple dance

You and I

Chapter 3 - Couple Dance

The next day , all of us were practicing for our debut song . The teasers for our debut were going to be released in two weeks . We still had to film the music video too . We had already practiced for two hours when our manager walked into the room along with some of the EXO members , including Kris and their manager. "I want all of you to gather around here ", said our manager . We stopped what we were doing and did as told . "The production team has decided to do a collaboration between EXO and Gemz for your debut . It will be a follow-up song for both groups , Gemz's debut and EXO's comeback . We're going to start preparing for it from today onwards . The single will be released in both the albums . Right now , you guy's are going to learn the dance for it . We have the Demo version of the song sung by the composers . ", our manager addressed everyone in the room . Only Kris , Chanyeol , Luhan and Baekhyun would be taking part in the song .I have no clue why but I was happy that Kris was there . Lena , Kris , Chanyeol and Kara were talking about the collaboration while I and Nana were warming ourselves up . I would peek a few glances at Kris here and there whenever he wasnt looking .

A few minutes later , our choreographers walked into the room . They told us the genre of the song and the type of dance they would like to present to the audience . "I was thinking of a couple-dance . Since there are 4 of you each , it would be perfect .", one of them suggested . And the other choreographers were fine with it too . I on the other hand was a bit uneasy . I really didnt want to embarass myself anymore . I actually hope that I get paired with Chanyeol or Baekhyun or even Luhan . I just think that if i get paired with Kris , I'm going to forget my steps when I look at him . The choreographers decide the pairs . "I want Luhan and Lena together . Chanyeol and Kara .Nana and baekhyun and finally Kris with Lisa . Anyone have any problems ?", the choreographer asked . I sure did . Does fate really want me to embarass myself so much in front of Kris ? " Well , lets get started . All of you go to your respective partners ", he said . Everyone got up . Kris headed to me with a casual expression . I smiled at him and he gave a curt nod ."I want all of you to follow us , okay . And by the way , there will be a lot of skinship since it's a y song ", the choreographer said with a wink . Lots of skinship ??? With Kris ? You have got to be kidding me . I peek at Kris to see his reaction but his face gives away nothing . He must be used to this or something . How many other girls has he done this with ? They must have been really pretty ones . Wait , Am i jealous ? NO ,  we're not even friends , how can I ?

Once we see the choreographer's dance , I'm blushing already . There were moves where Kris had to hold me up , twirl me and almost kiss me . Even Lena , Nana and the rest were a bit taken back . Everyone but Kris , who still had the neutral expression on . " Okay , so I want you guys to practice the step where the girls run almost into the guys and the guys pick them up . Do it swiftly. Kris and Lisa , you guys are first . ", the choreographer says . I turn towards Kris , worried if I'll do it right . "Dont worry , I wont let anything happen to you ", he says reassuring me . Wait , what did he say ?  God , I cant think right now . I realized I havent moved at all when Kris calls me . "Lisa .. ", he says . I love the way he calls my name . "yeah ", i tilit my head towards him . "Trust me , I'll catch you ", he reassures me again . I take a look at the room and notice that everyone is quiet , trying to listen to our conversation . I blush at the unwanted attention . Then , I put my head up . "Okay , I'll trust you . Here I go ", I say before running to him . When I'm almost a feet away from him , I jump and Kris catches me in the air and twirls me . All the while , both of us are staring into each others eyes , even after he puts me down . " See , I told you I wouldnt let anything happen to you ", he says as he pushes away the strands of hair from my face . I was surprised at the sudden gesture but somewhere inside me , the fangirl me was on cloud nine ." Umm.. thanks ", I reply shyly looking down at his hands that are still holding my waist . He notices it too , because he removes his hands immediately . "That was awesome !You guys look really good together , Hyung !!", exclaimed Chanyeol , breaking the tension between us . He keeps going on about how romantic it looked until Kris gave him the Glare . " Okay , I'll shut up ", he said lowly . Kris and I joined the rest of them on the floor . He sat right behind me , maybe a little too close , but I really didnt mind .

It was Nana and Baekhyun's turn next . Nana began her run and when she jumped , Baekhyun caught her but both of them ended falling on the floor . All of us started laughing at the both of them blaming each other for the fall . They were really cute . Suddenly , I feel my hair being played with . I turn back and see Kris playing with it . "I like you're hair alot , its really soft . You dont mind , do you ?", he says innocently . "Uh , I dont ", I reply and turn back immediately so he doesnt see the blush creeping onto my face . The other couples were taking a longer time at practice than the both of us . We were just sitting there doing nothing . Occasionaly , Kris would play with my hair . All my thoughts were on him and us . I took up the courage to actually talk to him . I turned to him and asked , " You really love my hair , right ?" "Yeah , it's quite hard to resist it ", he says quitely ." And you too "  What did he say ? I didnt here the last part properly ." Hey , you two love birds , its your turn again ", says Lena poking her face in between us . Kris hits his sister on the head before pulling me up from the floor . I think I've blushed atleast a hundred times already .

The rest of the day goes on with us learning the other normal moves , with less skinship . And by the end of the day , I realize that I may have more than a crush on Kris . He was just so different yet the same today . We didnt talk much today also but I did pay attention to all those tiny gestures . Him reassuring me , him playing with my hair , him pulling me up from the floor and the little glances we would take at each other while dancing . There might be a chance for an US , i think .