Introducing myself to EXO

You and I
 

Chapter 1 - Introducing myself to EXO

Its been exactly two months since I moved to Korea to train in SM entertainment's main quarters . Before that , I trained at their Beijing camp for around two years . I was chosen as the replacement for one of the members of Sm's new girl group ' Gemz ' who opted out as she was unable to keep up with the needs of the company . So , here I am , sitting in the conference room with Lee Soo Man , Sm entertainment's founder sitting right opposite to me , waiting for me to officially become a member of Gemz by signing the contract in front of me . And I sign it without any hesitation . After all , it's always been my dream to share my voice with the world . " Great . Welcome to SMtown , Lisa " , says Lee soo man as he stands up to shake my hand . "Thank you so much , sir . I promise i wont let you down ", I say with utmost respect to him . "Well , Im pretty sure you won't " , he says ,"Now , why dont you go ahead and celebrate this with the members , have fun ." " Yes , sir . and Thank you once again " , I say . He nods and I head out of the room .

 

As soon as i come out , I'm hugged (more like squished) by my three best friends AKA my members ."Congratulations !!! You're officially one of us !", shouts Lena , the youngest member . She's 19 years old while I'm the second youngest at 20 . Nana , is the oldest and also our leader . And Kara is just a few months older than me . All of us dont use honorifics with each other because there's only a two year difference between the oldest and youngest . " I know , finally . So  the boss said we could take a break and celebrate ", I tell them knowing that they've been waiting for a break for so long . "Really ?! are you serious ?" , Kara asked . I nod my head . "Well , since i'm the leader , I get to pick the place ", says Nana with her head held high . "That is so unfair , you cannot play the leader card at times like these ", says Lena . "Well , I pretty much can ", says Nana pushing her hair back . After some 5 minutes of deciding where to go , we finally decided to just order some food and watch a movie at the home theatre in the Sm building .

Nana and Kara went to the dorm to change their clothes . Lena and I didnt bother changing . We, unlike the other, two dressed for comfort . I was wearing the usual . A  blue abercrombie sweater over my skin tight blue jeans . It suited my slim and petite figure . I was quite short at 5'5 feet while Nana and Kara were 5'7 and Lena was really tall at 5'9 . But , everyone in Lena's family is tall . And good looking . Exo's Kris is her older brother . And though I've never met him , from what Lena and the other's say , he's quite cold to strangers . Lena says that he's always been a cold person on the outside but once you get to know him , he's the complete opposite . I've never told anyone this but he is the most gorgeous guy i've seen . And that was just from watching some of EXO's music videos . I wonder how it would be when I actually see him . It's almost two years since EXO debuted and they're already the hottest group in korea . They've been on their world tour for the last 3 months , so i've never seen them in real life yet .

"Earth to Lisa " , Lena says waving her hand in front of my face . " Oh , sorry . what were you telling ? " , I ask ."I was just saying that EXO is returning from their tour today evening . And it's Kris's birthday tomorrow , so i was thinking of putting a surprise birthday party for him , you know with the Exo members and the four of us ", she says . " Thats a good idea , But are you sure its alright if i come ? I mean I've never met him and I'm pretty sure he doesnt even know me , so i wouldnt be right if i came , right ?", I say shrugging . " Lisa , do you really think that I would never tell my brother about my new best friend ? Of course , I told him . I even sent him a picture of you while you were practicing ", she says with her hands on her waist . " You sent him a picture ?! When ? Which picture ?" , I say a bit angry now . "Umm , the one where you're playing the guitar with your hair down and hipster glasses on ", she says shrugging . "You are so dead , Lena " , I say gritting my teeth . "Why ! You look so pretty in that picture and plus , i wanted to show off my best friend to my brother " , she says , this time with a huge sneaky smile . I give out a deep sigh being helpless ."Okay . End of discussion . Now , about the party . We'll just ask the exo members to come to the home theatre and we'll take care of the rest .", she says . "Okay", I say .

Kara and Nana finally come . Lena tells them about her plan to surprise Kris . And while they were all excited about it , i was nervous , really nervous .

There were only five minutes to 11 pm and almost all the preparations were done . We bought two cakes , one for Kris and the other was a welcome cake for me . " Okay , so this is how it's gonna go  . I told Chanyeol to send me a text when they arrive at the building . As soon as I get the text , we turn off the lights and hide behind the sofas . And when the lights turn on again , we jump up and surprise him .", says Lena , all excited ."Okay " , all of us reply .

A few minutes pass by and Lena finally gets the text from Chanyeol . We turn off the lights and rush to hide behind the sofas , but theres not enough space for me to hide so I go and hide behind the door . We here voices , loud ones, coming closer . " I wanna watch The Ring , Suho hyung ! " , I hear someone say . " NO !! I'm not watching a scary movie ! Lets watch Kungfu Panda 2 instead "  , " In your dreams , Tao " someone replies . The door opens and someone turns ons the lights and right on cue everyone jumps and shouts " Happy Birthday !!! " , except me , who kinda whispers it more than shout . 

I see a huge crowd , almost 13 people in front of me surrounding Kris , who can be clearly seen despite the crowd because of his height . I was at the back so I dont think he noticed me , so I took this time to notice me . And God was he handsome . If looks could kill , I would've been dead already . Kris in Videos had NOTHING on the real-life Kris . He had this Superstar kinda aura around him which kinda intimidated me .

" Thank you , guys " , said Kris with his swoon-worthy voice . " The girls prepared it for you ", Chanyeol tells him . " It was my idea ", says Lena with absolute pride . " Thank you so much , kiddo " , Kris tells his sister , giving her a one-arm hug . "And you guys too ", he says to Kara and Nana , who were standing beside him . " You're welcome " , all of them reply . Right then , Kris's eyes scan the room before finally landing on me .I'm starstruck . I have no clue about what to do . Do I smile ? Say Hi ? Introduce myself ? Well , I dont know , my mind's all messed up . Everyone's quiet and notice our intense staring . " Ehem ...", Lena finally interuppts and we break away from our exchange . " Everyone , I'd like to introduce you to the newest addition to Gemz , the very pretty Lisa Park ", Lena says pointing at me , with a huge smile on her face . I introduce myself , blushing at the sudden attention and everyone shouts congratulations or either claps , except Kris , who looks at me a bit oo intensely  ... i think .