05

Our Coffee Shop

"You know...as much as it still hurts, I think, without you, I'll be...okay." Chanyeol whispered. 

He was kneeling in front of the grave of his old girlfriend. He would always come and try to talk to her, but the pain would become too overwhelming, and he couldn't every say the right things. But now, he was...healing.

"And I know nothing will ever be the same without you, because everyday I miss you like you can't imagine, but I feel like somehow, you're still here to help me through this. Sounds crazy, right?" He let out a soft chuckle. "I'll never forget the day we met, or the day we had our first kiss..." Chanyeol smiled as he thought of all of the memories they had created.

"...the day we got busted for making a mess while baking cupcakes, the day you first slept over, the day we danced around the house all day in our pajamas..."

"...I'll never forget the day you died." He finished as tears started to grow in his eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows as the day started to come back to him. The sky was dark, rain flooded the streets. Cars were floating throughout the road, and Chanyeol couldn't reach the hospital no matter how hard he tried. It was simply very, very bad timing for a storm. 

Suddenly, he felt small droplets of water bring him back to reality. "Speaking of rain." He mumbled to himself. He quickly stood up and ran to his car, trying to avoid getting soaked. 

- - - -

"Hello?" Chanyeol said as he picked up his phone. He was almost to his house when he got a phone call from Baekhyun. 

"Chanyeol? Can you meet me at the coffee shop? You know, the one on the corner of the street?" He asked in a somewhat worried tone. "Yeah I know the one." Chanyeol said, "Baek, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, just- please, hurry." Baekhyun said and the line went dead. Chanyeol held his phone to his ear for a while longer before putting it down and driving to the coffee shop. 

- - - -

Once he arrived, Baekhyun gave him a hug immediately. "Baek, what's wrong?" Chanyeol asked the smaller male. "The coffee shop. It's going out of business in a week. Harumi is moving to the states so there is no one to keep the shop open." He said with tears in his eyes. "Calm down. Don't cry, okay? We can figure something out." Chanyeol said. Baekhyun's face immediately lit up. "We can keep the coffee shop open!" He said a little louder than needed. Chanyeol quickly pulled him into a booth to keep people from staring at them. 

"Are you crazy? We can't run a coffee shop! We don't know the first thing about business!" He said. Baekhyun shook his head in protest. "How hard could it be? It's a coffee shop, not SM Entertainment!" He said. Chanyeol sighed, furrowing his brow with thought. Baekhyun put his hands together and pouted. "Please please please please..." He begged. Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"Okay fine." He sighed. "Yes!" Baekhyun cheered. "Looks like we own a coffee shop now." He said with a smile.

"Looks like we do." Chanyeol chuckled.