02

Our Coffee Shop

""You're really annoying, you know that?" Chanyeol said as he walked down the sidewalk, Baekhyun skipping beside him. "And you're really mean." He said, not fazed by Chanyeol's comment. The taller of the two rolled his eyes. "What do you even want with me?" He asked. "I want to make you feel better! I hate seeing people sad!" Baekhyun responded. "Good luck." Chanyeol scoffed.

"Thank you." Baekhyun smile, completely oblivious to Chanyeol's sarcasm. "First, we need to take you home and change your shirt. That ugly stain will only make your day worse." "How will it make my day worse? I can't even see it." Chanyeol asked. "Are you kidding? I would be mortified if I walked around all day with a stain on my shirt and no one told me!" Baekhyun said with a shiver. The thought itself gave him the chills.

"You do realize that you have a stain on your shirt right now, right?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun's eyes went wide. "WHAT?!" He screeched. Many people stopped to stare at him, but who could blame them? If you saw some guy spazzing out in the middle of the sidewalk, you would stare too.

"Calm down dwarf, I was just kidding." Chanyeol said with a small smile. For the first time in two years, he smiled. Baekhyun sighed, "Never joke about stains." Chanyeol shook his head. "Alright fine. Let's go to my house to change my shirt." Chanyeol finally agreed. Baekhyun clapped and jumped up and down. "You are too peppy." Chanyeol said.

- - - -

Once they arrived at Chanyeol's apartment, Baekhyun was greeted with the smell of smoke and alcohol. He immediately started coughing, not trying to hide it. "Oh my goodness-" Baekhyun managed to say through his coughs, "what died?" 

"My girlfriend." Chanyeol muttered. Baekhyun's eyes went wide, "I-I...I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to.."

"It's fine. Just drop it." Chanyeol said. There was a long moment of silence before Baekhyun spoke up. "What was she like?" He asked. Chanyeol turned around. "I said drop it." He said. Baekhyun sighed and pursed his lips. "No...tell me what she was like." The small man insisted. "No. I said drop it, now drop it." Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun. "And I said tell me about her! So tell me about her before I smack you!" Baekhyun threatend, pointing a finger at Chanyeol. "Really? You would slap me if I didn't tell you?" He scoffed. Baekhyun looked down. 

"Never mind. Just go change." He said and walked to the old couch. Dust flew up as he sat down. "Ewww..." He muttered. Chanyeol smirked as he left to his room to change.

- - - -

"Where are we going?" Chanyeol asked with his eyes closed. Baekhyun was currently dragging him to God-knows-where and he was very much worried for his own well-being. 

"You'll see! Now shut up Jack and the Beanstalk!" Baekhyun said. "That doesn't even...what?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun sighed. "Just, come on!" He said and yanked his arm even harder. "Okay, open!" He shouted. Chanyeol opened his eyes and blinked a few times, trying to focus on what he was staring at. "An amusement park?" He asked. Memories fled his mind immediately. The smiles and laughs burned their way back into his mind and chipped away at his heart. 

"No." He said and turned around. Baekhyun stood there, shocked. "N-No?!" He stuttered. "No." Chanyeol repeated. 

"Why not? What's your deal? You were perfectly fine just a second ago! Just give it a chance!" Baekhyun said, trying to drag Chanyeol back, but he wouldn't budge. The whole scene was oddly similar to something you would see in an anime. "Let go. I don't want to go to the amusement park. I want to go home." Chanyeol said. "Why won't you just give it a chance?!" Baekhyun shouted, "Wouldn't your girlfriend want you to be happy again?!"

Chanyeol quickly shoved Baekhyun to the ground. He turned around with his eyes wide. "Don't you ever talk about her! Got that?! You don't know her and you don't know me! Why do you keep trying to be friends with me?! You're annoying as hell and you make me want to slap you every time you talk! Now leave me alone!" He shouted. 

Baekhyun looked up at him with tears in his eyes. For the short time that he had known Chanyeol, he had not gotten mad at him. Maybe a little upset, but he was angry at him now. 

Wiping his tears, Baekhyun stood up. "F-Fine!" He said, his voice cracking. "If you want me to leave you alone so bad then fine! Throw your life away! I was just trying to help!" He shouted back at Chanyeol and let out a sob. "B-Baekhyun.." Chanyeol tried. "N-No! I leave you alone now! I'm sorry I was such a horrible person to be around." Baekhyun said in between his cries.

He quickly ran off, leaving Chanyeol alone yet again.