End of time

End of time

Somewhere out in the woods, there was a castle-like mansion with a big green yard with a lovely fountain. There were colourful flowers everywhere for the the butterflies to explore, and for the bunnies to play in. Almost every day, the sun was shining high upon the sky.

The mansion’s interior went mostly in white or silver, with a lot of space and high ceilings. That was the place Kris and Tao call their own little paradise.  And with the deep rooted forest surrounding them like a big wall, no one could come in unless they knew the way.

And at that point, the only people that knew the way to their castle was the rest of the members in EXO.

EXO lived in houses similar to Kris’ and Tao’s, except they lived in the forest surrounding the two lovebirds’ home. The twelve boys usually hung out in Tao’s and Kris’ castle, because it was in the middle. When the night came, the boys returned to their own houses pair by pair;

Kai and Kyungsoo, Sehun and Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Suho and Chen, Yixing and Xiumin.

All of them were good friends. No one ever argued with each other, nor did they fight. It was always a good atmosphere between the boys, and they wanted to keep it like that until forever.

 

“I’m going for a walk, Kris” Tao shouted as he sat on the stairs, attempting to tie his new shoes.

“Okay babe! Be careful, and don’t be late!” His lover’s voice was heard from the floor above.

“Sure, I’ll be back soon. Bye!”

When Tao was done with the shoes and his jacket was on, he went outside and closed the door carefully behind him.

He inhaled the fresh and cold autumn air, and with a smile on his lips, he headed towards the forest.

 

“I should have brought gloves...” Tao rubbed his hands together “I’m so stupid!”.  As he went into the denser parts of the forest, it quickly became colder and darker.

The leafs beneath him rustled as he stepped on them, making them break and become small and dry pieces of nothing.

Tao got goosebumps when the wind blew through the trees, it sounded like they were whispering to each other.


 

“Where is he?” Kris peeked at the clock “He should be back by now...”

He dried his hands with the towel hanging over his shoulder, and picked up his phone to call his boyfriend. But there was no mercy on his nerves, Tao didn’t pick up and Kris felt like crying. He had to do something.

Kris threw the towel at the kitchen counter and stormed out of the kitchen.

As he ran down the stairs, he almost slipped but managed to grab the railing before he fell. He cursed for himself and slowed down a bit.

“If something happened to him...” Kris mumbled as he picked up his pace, walking through the corridor, with the door as targed.

When he reached the door he flung it open and ran out down the stairs.

“TAO” He screamed at the top of his lungs.

Then he saw it.

One of Tao’s shoes were laying in a small pool of blood, only a few meters away.

Kris almost threw himself over the shoe and picked it up.

“Tao baby...” tears threatened to escape from his eyes. Kris gazed at the forest, somewhere inside the dense mass of trees was Tao. And he was going to find him.

Kris picked up his phone and tapped in one of the EXO member’s number.

“Suho, get the boys and come quickly. Tao is gone!”


 

When the eleven boys were gathered in Kris and Tao’s livingroom, Kris were almost at the state of a mental breakdown.

“Calm down Kris, we’ll find Tao and get him back here unharmed!” Kyungsoo patted Kris’s back and gave him an encouraging smile. Kai sat down on the other side of Kris in the sofa.

“Yeah, he’s fine Kris, don’t worry”.

Kris buried his face in his hands and sighed. “I really hope so”

“But why did he leave? Did you guys argue or something? Because you forgot to hang up on your phone this morning and I thought I heard someone yell and scream” Suho questioned. Kris turned his head and glared at him where he was sitting in front of the fireplace.

“No we never argue. I just hit my toe on the kitchen table”

“Oh, that explains it”

Kris sighed before he stood up and stomped out of the livingroom, leaving the boys with confused expressions plastered all over their faces .

“Kris, where are you?” Chanyeol lifted his arm of from Baekhyun’s shoulders and stood up.

“Come on guys, we don’t have much time untill it gets really dark outside” Kris shouted from the hallway.


 

With one lantern each, the boys started their search for Kris’ lover in the dense forest.

“I don’t like this”

“It’s creepy”

“I’m cold”

“WHAT THE WAS THAT!?”

“Chill baby, it was just me” Chanyeol held his scared boyfriend closer to his body. A light breeze blew past them and sent cold shivers down their spines.

“We should split up”

The boys stared at Kris with scared faces. Kai swallowed hard and hugged Kyungsoo tight to him.

“Are you insane? We don’t know what’s out there, w-we can get killed for all we know!”

“Oh stop it, don’t be such a baby Kai” Kris put on his face and glared at the latter.

They all sighed and nodded. Kris had gotten his will through once again.


 

“I have a bad feeling about this” Chen said wrapping his arms over his chest. He and his partner Suho walked through the woods, stepping on dry leafs and letting the falling snow cover their hair with white.

“Come on, what can possibly happen?” Suho asked and bumped his boyfriends shoulder.

“Probably nothing, but I can’t help the feeling”

Suho linked fingers with the boy and have him an assuring smile.

“I will protect you” He pecked Chen on the lips “No matter what”.


 

Xiumin and Yixing walked in a slow pace through the trees. Both of them held their arms tight around their bodies own to keep the warmth from escaping.

With silence hanging in the air they kept searching for Tao, but with no further success.

“I’ll just go over there and look for a second, stay here” Xiumin pointed at a small cave and recieved a small nod from Yixing.

The older boy walked over to the cave and looked inside, only to find nothing. No Tao, only darkness. He sighed and walked back towards Yixing, but as his eyes wandered he couldn’t seem to capture his boyfriends figure anywhere in sight. He could feel his heart beating faster as panic struck him.

“Yixing?” he called out. He listened carefully in hopes of getting a response, but in vain. He called out his lovers name again and again as he ran around the small area looking for him. Suddenly. he heard something moving in the bushes.

He picked up his pace, scared of what he would find. As he came closer to where the rustling came from, he saw a person.

“Yixing?” he whispered. The person groaned quietly and turned his face towards Xiumin. There was Yixing, bleeding.

“No no no, what happened?” The older boy sat down next to his lover and dragged him up in his knee.

Beeing unable to talk, Yixing pointed at the arrow that was piercing through his throat. Xiumin felt tears push at his eyes as he kissed his boyfriend.

“No, this can’t be happening right now” Xiumin whispered against Yixing’s lips. He kissed him again softly before a weak “I-I’ll go get help” escaped his lips. Both of them knew that wasn’t an option.

Xiumin Yixing’s hair as he feared what was to come; his lover was going to die right there and then. There was no way they could stop the bleeding, because with Yixing’s disease it was impossible.


 

“Come on”

“We’re coming”

“Stop with all the nagging”

Kris, Kai and Kyungsoo decided to search together. With sore throats for yelling after Tao and with heavy breathing, the boys sat down on a fallen tree to catch their breaths.

“Are you trying to kill us?” Kai laughed as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

“Sorry, I just want to find my baby”

“I understand that, but can we at least slow down a bit?”

“Sure,” Kris smiled and looked at the couple “should we keep going?”

When the boys were back on track again, and with a slower pace this time, Kyungsoo got goosebumps on his arms. He wasn’t cold or anything, it was just a feeling that scared the out of him.

“Kai, I’m scared”

“Don’t be afraid,” Kai held his scared lover closer to his chest “we will soon find Tao, and then we can go back home all happy and skipping on rainbows and ”

Kyungsoo looked up at his boyfriend, amused.

“I really hope so”

Kai smiled and directed his eyes forward again.

“Just imagine what I will do to you when we get back, I’ll make you scream my name bab-”

“Stop, just stop. I’m gonna throw up” Kris’s face was back on and he looked disgusted.

“Sorry” Kai smirked as Kyungsoo blushed.

“I don’t want to hear your , please”.


 

Luhan wandered around all alone in the woods, searching for now two people. Tao and Sehun. Just minutes ago, Luhan and Sehun were holding hands and walking along the path. Luhan looked away for only a couple of seconds and his boyfriend was torn away from him.

With unsteady breathing Luhan ran around in search for his lost lover.


 

“P-please stop this” Sehun screamed between his cries “s-stop!”.

Sehuns ankles were tied up with chains in a tree and he was hanging upside down. The poor boy couldn’t see anything with the blindfold and couldn’t name what was hurting him. Something was swug over his stomach and back and each time it passed by, it slightly scraped his skin ‘til he was bleeding.

The pain was unbearable and Sehun couldn’t take it much longer.

“Luhannie” the boy cried out in pain “help me!”.

Tears ran down his face and was mixed with the blood that was dripping downwards.

“It wasn’t supposed to end like this” Sehun half yellef “it wasn’t supposed to-”

The blades that were cutting Sehun’s sanity away from him moved closer to his skin and made centimeter deep risps in the boy. And he screamed.

 

Somewhere in the night Luhan could hear his lover’s screams.

“Sehun!” Luhan yelled at the top of his lungs, hearing the voice of his boyfriend from far away. He ran in the direction of the well known voice as tears welled up in his eyes.

Suddenly, the wind changed direction and the screams stopped. Following his gut instincts, Luhan followed the wind, for somehow he knew that the wind was leading him to his lover.

When Luhan arrived at his destination he kneeled down in front of Sehun’s bloody, dead body on the ground.

“Baby” Luhan lifted up the boy up in his knee and hugged him carefully.

The wind stopped blowing and the only thing that could be heard was Luhan’s soft sobs. A small crack was heard above him and when he looked up, he saw a large branch that was about to fall right onto him. Before he could think of moving away, the branch fell down on him and crushed almost every bone in his petite body.


 

“Baekhyun”

“Did you hear that?” Baekhyun whispered and clung onto chanyeol’s arm.

“What?”

“That”

“Nope”

Baekhyun sighed and looked up at the tall figure next to him.

“Someone whispered my name” Baekhyun said, showing off an unamused facial expression.

“It must have been your imagination” Chanyeol answered, eyes still on the path.

Baekhyun mumbled something that Chanyeol couldn’t hear clearly. The boys kept walking in complete silence.

“Baekhyun”

A silent breeze caused the falling snowflakes to move faster and settle on the cold ground.

“Baekhyun”

“Aw hell no” Baekhyun exclaimed as he abruptly stopped in his tracks. Chanyeol gave him a confused look as he slowed down his steps.

“Why did you stop?”

“Oh you must have heard that!” Baekhyun threw his arms in the air.

“No, I didn’t hear anything,” Chanyeol said as he walked back to where his boyfriend stopped and threw an arm around his shoulders, “you should calm down”

“I can’t, this is ing creepy”

“Stop it” Chanyeol laughed at the shorter boy and kissed him on the cheek. A sudden, sharp pain exploded in Chanyeol’s chest. He backed away from his boyfriend on unsteady legs while gripping onto his shirt, gasping for air.

Baekhyun just stood there with a shocked expression on his face.

“C-channie?”

No answer from the taller boy who’s face was turning blue. Bakehyun was about to take a step forward when something in his back caused him to kneel down in pain. Chanyeol slowly got down next to his lover, grabbing him by the shoulder.

“H-hel-p me B-ae-kkie” the taller boy started to shake like a leaf and blood was dripping out of his mouth.

Baekhyun’s sight slowly started to blur and he looked into Chanyeol’s eyes.

“I love you” He said with painfilled moans. The other boy said something that coudn’t be heard clearly.

The boy’s emraced each other for the last time, and slowly sank into darkness. The two of them left small blood puddles next to their pale faces in the frosty grass.

 

“Do you smell that?”

“What?”

“It smells like, I don’t know, rotten eggs” Chen covered his nose and wrinkled his foredead.

“Now when you name it, I can smell it too” chills ran down Suho’s back “Come on Chen, let’s move on” Suho grabbed his boyfriend’s hand and dragged him along the path. He did not like the feeling he just got. Something was very wrong.


 

“Kyungsoo?” Kai raised his voice, noticing that his boyfriend didn’t keep up the speed.

No answer.

“Babe?”

“Yeah, what?”

“Are you ok?”

“Yes, I’m fine!” The older boy snapped back and glared at his lover.

“No you’re not, what’s wrong?”

Kai stopped and put his hands on Kyungsoo’s shoulders. The boy was pale and the glimps in his eyes were gone.

“Kris, wait!” Kai yelled after him, but Kris was in his own little world and did not hear him. He just kept on walking without the others. Kai turned back to his boyfriend.

“Are you tired? Do you have your medicine with you?”

“No, I forgot it at home”

“Oh that was not good!” Kai started to panic and looked around him with no one to be found.

“Serioustly, I’m fine” Kyungsoo took a step forward, but his knees weakend and he fell into the other boy’s arms.

Kai laid the other boy down on the ground, supporting his back with a big rock. He sat down next to him and cupped his face in his hands.

“I don’t know what to do”

“It’s ok”

“No it’s not, I am so sorry” Kai kissed Kyungsoo carefully on the lips with tears trickling down his face.

“It will be ok,” Kyungsoo smiled weakly and dried away his lover’s tears “remember me”

“NO, you are not dying!”

“I’m just as fatal as you”

“I’m scared Kyungie. I love you”

A smile formed on the sick boy’s lips and he slowly closed his eyes. Kai watched his chest go up and down with every breath he took, until he stopped and the last air slowly found it’s way out of Kyungsoo’s body.

Kai buried his face in the crook of the others neck and sobbed hard.


 

“Kai, why are you guys so quiet? Kai?”

Kris looked back but no one was there. How could he loose them? Panic started to face Kris as he looked around.

“Kyungsoo?,” He shouted, but he was given no answers “aw ”

Kris his heels and ran back in the direction he had walked, or so he thought.


 

The dark creeped up on them and the snow kept on falling. No wind. Chen and Suho speeded up their steps to get under the trees again.

“I told you before, something is not right” Chen clinged onto Suho’s arm and rested his chin on the others shoulder.

“Mhm, I should have listened” Suho kissed Chen on the forehead and and linked their fingers together.

“Yes, you should listen to me more often”

Suho chuckled at the comment and sighed. Suddenly he stopped.

“Why?”

“Because”

A smirk creeped up on Suho’s face as he hugged his lover and pressed him hard against his chest. Suho leaned his forehead against Chen’s and pecked him on the lips.

“I’m cold, I need some heat”

“I’ll give you some” Chen said and pressed his lips against Suho’s. The boys kissed eachother passionately. Suho stumbled on a metallic thing that was attached between two trees and the boys fell to the ground.

The boys laughed and continued with the kissing. Only seconds later, a trapdoor under all the leafs opened and the couple fell in.

Dead at the spot.

Down in that dark little cave, the boys were pinned on large spikes that were sticking up trom the ground. Their blood formed a huge puddle and the dripping of the blood could be heard in the now silent night.

 

“I have to go Kyungie”

Kai stood up and wiped away the tears with the back of his hand, still sobbing quietly. The boy forced himself away from the corpse and ran between the trees. He ran faster and faster, forcing his legs to work. All until he heard the well known voice of Kris’s.

“Kris,” Kai shouted as he changed direction towards the other man “Kris!”

Even though Kai’s screams were loud and clear, they could not be heard by the other boy. Kris stumbled around and murmed something in his own little world. Kris’s eyes stared madly on the ground and his lips formed a small smile.

“Kris!” Kai shouted one last time before something sharp pierced through his stomach. He coughed and blood dripped from his open mouth. Kris looked up and gave Kai a quick stare just before he fell to the ground.

 

Something moved in between the trees a few meters away. Nothing to worry about.

Kris kept up his speed and continued his search.

“Kai! Kyungsoo! Tao!”

No answers exept the leafts rustling in the wind. The weak rays from the lantern lit up the way and he jumped over a rotten tree just in time before he fell.

“Tao” his voice gave up and only a small whisper escaped his mouth. There was no use in screaming.

Kris wrinkled his nose as a terrible smell approached him. Kris put one foot in front of the other and rounded the bushes.

The sight in front of him was not what he expected.

All his friends laid in a perfect cirkle around a big tree, all of them dead.

“W-wha-” Kris ran over to Kai and sat down next to him. He shook his shoulders but with no response. He moved over to Kyungsoo who’s face colour had changed to blue-ish grey.

“Kyungsoo” Tears filled Kris’s eyes but he held them back. He would not cry now.

“But Tao” Kris ran around the tree, searching each of the bodies but no Tao could be found. There was a gap between Luhan and Suho. With perfect fit for two people. He knew that it was the place for Tao and himself. All hope was lost, he thought. He and Tao was going to die.

“I am so sorry Tao, I couldn’t save you”

Kris pulled out the arrow from Yixing’s throat and moved over to his spot. He laid down and looked up on the starry sky.

“So sorry” and with sthose words he pressed the arrow through his own throat.

 

“Kris, what are you doing here?,” Tao said with an annoyed voice “I just want to go home and get warm, I am freezing”

No answer from the tall boy who was holding his cellphone in his right hand. Tao swore that he could hear Suho’s voice through it.

“Kris? answer me! I’m still pissed you know. It’s not getting any better” Tao yelled and walked faster towards the other one.

Kris rose his hand, wich had a big rock in it, and went in for a hit against the youngers head when he was close enough. It only took two of them before Tao laid consiousless on the cold, snowy ground.

"You are mine!"  

 

“Kris!” Tao shot up from the bed and gasped for air. His head exploaded in pain and he fell back onto the bed. His hand rubbed the back of his head and he put on a painfull expression on his face. This wound would need stitches.

“Aish”

Carefully he got up from the bed, nd with weak legs he moved over to the chair beside the small table. He sat down with a loud growl and rubbed his bruised knee.

"Dammit Kris"

 

Somewhere between awake and asleep, Tao felt something scrape against his legs. His head bumped up and down and his arms were tied together above his head.

With the strenght he had left, Tao lifted his head and looked up at Kris who was dragging him across their yard.

Kris murmed something while smiling, like he was insane, at their house. Their headed direction.

“You’ll be mine forever”

In the midst of everything, Tao’s one shoe fell off just before he fell back into the nightmares.


 

A loud scream echoed through the forest and snuk inside the open window, only to remind Tao about the situation. Just a few months ago, Kris had become more violent and hateful towards Tao. He bashed on the other guys in EXO if they even looked at his boyfriend and claimed him as his own.

Several times Kris had hit Tao so hard he almost fainted, and afterwards, he apologised so deeply he would cry.

Tao didn’t think he ever would do something like this… But he had seen the sketches on Kris’s desk. Drawings of different traps. Kris said to Tao once, that they were only drawings. Simple as that. But Tao knew, that another side of Kris planned to do something. Something really bad.

“He’s not a schitsophreniac. He’s not.” Tao said, as many times before. Trying to hide reality. Tears welled up in the boy’s eyes and he buried his face in his hands.

“I love you Kris, please don’t do this”

 

Somewhere between the trees a pair of mad eyes fluttered open, where he once thought all hope was lost. He felt strange, like he was feather light, like something was missing. Then he remembered; he had took his own life. Was he dead? Did it feel like that to be dead? He didn't know, nor did he care, because all he wanted was to reunite with his lover.

He looked around only to be met by death. He felt like crying but no tears formed, only sadness flooded out of him. His gaze pierced through the forest, staring longingly into distance  hoping to see his lover's silhouette.

Because Kris would wait for Tao, inside the hell he unconsciously created; he would wait until the end of time.