Fate

Five strings, One hope

Chapter 19 - Fate

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

“Why are you taking me here?” That was the first sentence she uttered when we arrived in my favorite place.

 

A small lounge.

 

“Let’s have a seat..” I dragged her to my spot, the table on the corner right beside the white grand piano. It goes well with the background, as the lounge isn’t a dark place.

 

“You play piano?” She asked me when I sat on the piano seat.

 

“A bit.” I replied with a faint smile and started to play a simple melody.

 

She was watching until I finished.. Enjoying every melody she heard, closing her eyes.

 

“Seems like you’re an expert.. Where did you learn it?” She asked.

 

“I don’t know.. I just can.. I never learned.. Or I thought I never did.” Maybe I learned it when I was a kid. Because, I never learned to play one before. I just did it like automatically.

 

“You thought?”

 

“I don’t have a clue about my p—“ Shoot.. Almost..

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing..” I said.

 

“Caramel ice blended please..” She said to the waiter. Just like what she ordered on our first “outing”.

 

“Hyung.. I need you and Soon Yi to discuss about our next meeting.”

 

“Why me? Why her?”

 

“Because you’re the one who’s responsible about it.. And she’s just like your assistant right?” He said straight-forwardly.

 

“I’m not doing it.”

 

“You have to.”

 

-----

 

“Don’t try to do something to me.” She threatened.

 

“What do I look in front of you? A ert? Jeez.. Who would want to do such thing to a semi-girl like you though.” I replied sarcastically. We were walking down the street, going to a coffee stall. We decide to “discuss” about the meeting there.

 

“Semi what? Oh please.. And the one who said that was a girly looking man..”

 

This girl.. Girly? I’m a hundred percent man! I’m a pure man.

 

“It’s no use talking to you.” I said. I didn’t give in though. It’s just useless.

 

“Caramel ice blended please..”

 

“Weirdo.” I whispered to myself.


“What???”

 

“What?”

 

It was really funny when I remembered our first outing. And I don’t even have any idea how did we decide to get close and get along with each other.

 

“Hey. I have a question.”

 

“Hmm?” She asked.

 

“What if.. What if I wouldn’t appear before you anymore? Ever.” I asked. She looked up.

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Seriously.”

 

“Well.. Just be it then.. You should’ve had a reason why you do so.”

 

A reason huh?

 

Jungmin’s POV

 

“So seriously.. The Soon Yi that’s working in my company is actually Taeyeon’s sister?”

 

“Jungmin-ah.” I heard someone called out my name. I turned around and found Youngsaeng hyung was standing before the door.

 

“Oh, what is it?” I said turning down the call.

 

“Who were you talking to?” He asked, it’s weird you know.. Because he never asked nor care of whoever I’m talking to.

 

“My friend.. Why?”

 

“Is Soon Yi his real sister?” Oh, he heard it.

 

“Err.. Yeah.. I’m about 97% sure..” He was stunned or he was thinking about something. But after I said that sentence, he didn’t move from his spot. “Hyung?” I called him.

 

“Huh? Sorry.. What did you say?” He asked. See.. He’s really weird..

 

“What were you thinking..”

 

“Nothing.. See you.. later.” He said and went off somewhere.

 

Never saw him acted like that before.

 

“Yah Jungmin-ah..” I heard Hyungjun’s voice. He’s supposed to be working right now right?

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Did hyung come home?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Weird.. Soon Yi’s gone too.” He murmured to himself, but loud enough so that I could hear it.

 

“Who?”

 

“What who?”

 

“Who’s gone too?”

 

“Soon Yi.. Why?”

 

Don’t tell me..

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

“Can I have your hand?” I asked her when the real pianist played the piano.

 

“Are you being cheesy right now? And moreover it’s weird to dance in these clothes.” She complained.

 

“Since I’m your boss, do as I say..” I said and dragged her to the dance floor.

 

“Are you crazy?”

 

“Do I look like one?”

 

“My crazy boss..” She murmured and shook her head. I placed my arm around her waist and she did so.

 

We were dancing, not daring to look at each other’s face. We were looking sideway but our feet keep moving. Just like in classic stories.

 

“Hey.” We said in unison. “You first.”

 

“Ladies first.” I said to her.

 

“Thanks.” She said, our faces were only few inches away.

 

“What for?”

 

“For the time you’ve spent with me. Feel like having a real friend after a long time.”

 

Only a friend?

 

“Thanks to you too.” I said.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Never thought I would lo—“ I said halfway then stopped.

 

No.. She didn’t need to know..

 

“Would what?”

 

“Uh nothing..” I said and withdrew with the dance. “Come on, I’ll send you home.. It’s getting late and your cold is getting worse.”

 

-----

 

“See you tomorrow then.” She said.

 

“Huh? Y-yeah..” I said and then she shut the door.

 

Whether it’s tomorrow or the day after it and the day after it.. I would always want to see you.. But why it has to be like this? It has to be so unfair. When I just started to feel it.. I need to let it go.

 

Is this what fate called?