Romance

Five strings, One hope

 

Chapter 18 - Romance

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

“Hyung? Are you busy? Want to go out for some time?”

 

“Huh?” I was staring at the empty space in front of me while the documents on my hand until Hyungjun snapped me out from my thoughts. “Oh.. No, you just go..”

 

“Alright then, see you later hyung.” He closed the door.

 

What should I do now?

 

“Please bring Soon Yi here.” I phoned my secretary.

 

“Miss Soon Yi is not here sir. She’s sick.”

 

-----

 

Would you please open the door.. Just a few moment.. I only need that few moment..

 

“Oh.. What brings you here? Aren’t you supposed to be working right now?” She opened the door, she’s having a flu I think.

 

“Let’s go out.”

 

“Now?”

 

“Yeah, let’s go.” I grabbed her hand.

 

“But at least I need to change my clothes!”

 

“No need. Let’s go.” I said and dragged her to my car.

 

-----

 

How could anyone be as stupid as I am? Unfortunate as I am?

 

“Youngsaeng-ah.” I realized as she pulled my sleeve.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“You’ll know.. We’re almost there.”

 

Kyujong’s POV

 

“Where are we going?” Shin asked me when we were making our way to a place. A secret place.

 

“Not something special.. Just sit still.. And keep the question for yourself.” I said to her, then she pouted. “Don’t pout like that. You look uglier.”

 

“Yah!” She smacked me lightly on my arm.

 

“Stop it! I need to focus on the road.”

 

-----

 

“Here we are..” I said as we arrived in front of a fancy Italian restaurant.

 

“It looks so expensive.. You sure?”

 

“Just go in..” I pushed her lightly. “You sit first.. I need to go to the toilet.. Been hanging on it since I came to pick you up..” I grinned at her and left.

 

Well, the one who will pay for the food is not me though.. But that doesn’t really matter. Because who knows that this plan would work.

 

Oh crap.. He’s here..

 

I found a spot to hide as soon as I saw him. He must be wondering why did I tell him to have a dinner there. And stupidly, he fell onto it.

 

Well.. Have fun Hyungjun-ah.

 

Hyungjun’s POV

 

“Welcome sir..”

 

“Uh.. yeah.. Is there a table reserved under the name of Kim Kyu Jong?”

 

It’s really weird of him to invite me to this kind of place. Because we usually eat at the stalls.

 

“Follow me please.” The waitress said and led me to the table.

 

What a really fancy restaurant. He must be out of my mind for asking me to eat dinner with him here.

 

“Please have a seat.. The dinner will come in a few minutes. Hope you and Miss will enjoy the dinner we’ll serve.” She said.

 

Wait.. Miss?

 

I turned my head to look the one who was sitting there. She’s stunned. Just like me.

 

“I.. think I came into a wrong place.” She said and got up from her seat.

 

“Shin wait.”

 

“Let go of my hand Hyungjun-ssi.”

 

“Do you still hate me that much?”

 

“Do you even care?” She asked. “Now let go of my hand.”

 

“Just today.” I started. “Please.. It’s only for today..”

 

-----

 

She was looking sideway along the way. Not even looking at my direction as I was looking at her most of the time.

 

“How’s life?” I asked.

 

“Good.”

 

You can tell lies to others. But you can’t lie to me. Don’t you know that?

 

“How’s your brother?”

 

“He’s good also..”

 

I could only mouthed an O.. It’s so awkward.

 

“We’re here.”

 

We arrived in front of the beach.. It’s almost midnight now, and she looked tired. But I have to speak to her even if this is my last chance.

 

She looked dazed looking at the scenery in front of her eyes.. With stars twinkling in the sky and the chilly wind.. She sat on the sand while closing her eyes and her lips formed a faint smile as she’s feeling the night breeze.

 

“I really want to say this to you Shin.. Ever since we broke up..” I started and sat beside her.

 

“I know I was the one who’s at fault.. I know I was so selfish back then. But you know what Shin.. I need you more than I ever need someone..”

 

“To be able to find someone whom I love after I lost my family.. I never really thought of that.. And to let you go because of my stupidity.. That’ll be the worst decision I’ve ever made in my entire life..”

 

“I don’t even know what to say to you know.. But there’s one thing I’ve been wanting to tell you Shin.. That I always love you.. I always do..” I can’t even say anything more right now. I had more than these, but the words are not coming out.

 

“Shin.. Are y—“ Her sleeping head is now resting on my shoulder. Maybe I really can’t get her back. It’s all my fault. If only I wasn’t as stupid as I was back then.. I still could embraced her like I always did.. Drive her to sleep.. Sing her favorite song everytime she felt down.. And I still could kissed that warm and soft lips..

 

Am I too late to start it all over again?