Friend?

The Light in the Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning was rather warm compared to the previous ones although there was still a fair amount of wind casing a slight chill whoever it passed by but other than that it remained fairly warm. The sun was up, providing light and more warmth as a certain brown haired girl walked, her hands clutching at her notebook, hair blowing as a gust of wind caught her unexpected.  She shivered a bit before lowering her head and continuing down her path. 


Tiffany walked past a couple of students before turning a corner, almost colliding against another student who was rushing to his class as well. She managed to evade him at the last moment but his shoulder had met hers rather sharply. It didn’t stop her however, from continuing her way to her classroom. 


She settled down after exchanging greeting with Taeyeon who was busy reading to say more than her reply of 'Morning'. It didn’t bother Tiffany though, who just sat down and pulled out her notebook, waiting for the teacher who hadn’t yet entered the room to star the morning lecture. 


The brown haired girl released a sigh that didn’t go unnoticed by Taeyeon who in that moment had looked up from her book in search for her water. She eyes her carefully, taking note of the way Tiffany’s uniform was unkempt and her hair was pushed back in haste, some sticking up or falling over her eyes. 


“Did something happen this morning?” 


“Not really,” Tiffany had replied in a quite manner, head turning away from Taeyeon so the older girl couldn’t meet her gaze, “I just woke up late.”


“…Alright… Teacher’s going to be late a couple of minutes -- had some business to attend.” Taeyeon had informed her after much scrutinizing.


Tiffany simply nodded, head coming down to rest atop her folded arms, brown hair falling over her eyes, as she closed them slowly. Her breathing slowed down to normal as she her chapped lips and focused on the sound of the other students who were talking -- rather loudly-- she’d say.

 

“Morning.” She heard Taeyeon say but didn’t question it much.

 

“Yeah, not so much…” 


Tiffany recognized that voice, it haunted her dreams most of the time. She couldn’t help the way she had looked up almost immediately in search of the owner of that voice. Tiffany spotted Jessica taking a seat, eyeing her but she couldn’t tell if it was with curiosity or with something else, all she  knew was that Jessica was looking at her. 


She quickly turned around, embarrassed for her actions. Taeyeon’s gaze wouldn’t leave hers and she questioned once more, “Are you sure you’re okay? You’re so skittish lately.”


Tiffany waved a hand in front of her rather casually -- or at least she hoped. “Fine, fine. I told you.”

 

As Tiffany said this she set her head down atop the books she had taken out for the class. She felt Jessica’s gaze on her but she didn’t say anything an instead opted to cover her already redding cheeks against her folded arms. Please stop being like this, Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon just shook her head before pushing her seat back so she was facing Jessica before questioning the other girl who was staring at Tiffany rather oddly. Taeyeon chuckled, “Why are you looking at her like that?”


Jessica turned as she noticed Tiffany put her head down, eyes trailing down to the brown colored hair she’s so easily drawn to. She faced Taeyeon before looking down at her hand. She pulled the blazers sleeve further down to cover her bandaged hand -- thankfully Taeyeon hadn’t taken notice of the white contrasting with the navy blue of her uniform blazer -- her eyes trained on Taeyeon who had a gentle smile on her face.

 

“Like what?”


“She’s not odd, you know. If that’s what you’re thinking.”


Jessica grumbled, as she set her head down on the table, head roll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter