File 7

VEINSLOCK

 

Hi... Happy New Year all !!! *\(^ ^)/*

Glad to know that I'm still alive. Kkk

I'm sorry to make you wait over a year for me to finally continue this story. Believe me, I thought about it everyday and how I felt guilty just to leave it hanging like that. The final plot had long lingering over my head but time just didnt give any spare to me.

Well, did'nt beta so kindly pardon me for the wrong grammar :D

Now here it is, proudly brought to you the continuation ~~~

 


 

“So hyung, what is it the connection between the victims and that drugs lady?” Junjin said as he drop a box of files on Minwoo’s desk, referring to the nine victims killed in the case earlier. Andy was behind him, carrying another box.

“This 3 men,” pointed to photos on his desk “were her smuggler. They were found out cheating on her so she killed them.” He pointed to other photos “And this other 5 were her business competitor. She simply wanted to take over their market. So…khk” He motioned his finger cutting his throat.

“And who’s this fat man? Is it the last victim?” Andy’s turn this time.

“He helped Lynx developing the poison. Its also one promised commodity in the business.” Minwoo explained further.

“Yeah, invisible weapon of course. Whats more efficient both in taking life and erase track?” Andy pulled the red line.

“Exactly.” Minwoo agreed.

“The doctor planned to report her to police as he found out that she actually wanted to sell the poison to Rusia, Vietnam, Indonesia and some other part of the world as mass destruction weapon. Think about it if she pour some drops to single well?”

“But hyung, if why she killed the scientist? Who would help her developing the poison further? Does she have other?” Junjin asked more.

“I think she is clever enough to make the poison herself. Look at her background.” He handed them files with the lady’s photo at the upper corner enclosed. Andy took it.

“Geez, she’s a doctor?” Junjin came up again unbelieved, reading a confidential paper he held.

“Uhum… dr. Amanda Chen, daughter to Adrian Chen” Minwoo just nodded.

“Oh no, wait. THAT Adrian Chen? That scientist famous of his bio weapon invention?”

“Yup. If you mean THAT evil. Like father like daughter."

“So she made that things to…?”

“Yep, she’s an smartass beauty selling tobacco to heroin, aphorodisiac to poison, guns to false money”

 ***

Eric supported Hyesung to walk, after he managed to tied Hyesungs thigh to stop the bleeding, with a long cloth he found. With guns still pointed to their head, they herded to a lift which sent them to the first floor exit.

A felon push Eric to move faster but he jerked his shoulder off, showing refusal. In return, he received a hard knock from the rifle , right on his back hitting his backbone, gave painful wave to his body, sending him crouching to the ground. The felons was aiming the second strike but Hyesung blocked them with covering Erics body.

“Stop it! They’re our passport to escape this place!” the evil lady shouted “you can kill them later.” In more lower voice.

Amazing how they obey the evil queen, they immediately move from Eric and Hyesungs bodies. The evil queen bee grab a handful hair of Hyesungs and pull him up. Pointed a pistol on Hyesung’s temple as soon as he stood up –with force- on his feet. His scream still could be heard through his gritted teeth.

“Hyesung-ah!!” he tried to save his partner.

“Agent Mun, another silly act and this precious Agent Shin will remains only name. Are we understand each other now?” Eric slightly nodded. No way he would endanger the life of the one he love the most.

Later they were drawn to a small port and move them up to a boat. When they reached deeper part of the river, there was actually a ship already waiting for them.

It came up they had known the police’s plan and they managed to take everything they can save to the ship. Their remaining members had got on the ship after they put trap on the old building.

Just before they went up to the ship, the backup, special weapon team came in helicopter and boats. Pointing their guns and through phone warned the group to surrender. But the evil lady had prepare for this earlier, the reason why she brought Eric and Hyesung along.

“Let us go, or these head of your friends will be blown.” Gesturing to Eric and Hyesung. And everybody knew that she was not just bluffing. Not with that M-16 in her grip pointed straight to their head. With that, the team couldn’t do anything. Taking more good life was not the choice. Hyesung and Eric once again forced to climb up the ship.

Along the time, Hyesung secretly built a plan in his head, he seek this one chance to fight back. He quickly got it when the felon who supposed to watch them got a bit distracted. They just need to take his gun and everything will roll like in any other scene they had been.

“Eric, would you like to dance?” referring another act.

Like he could read all Hyesungs mind, rather then answering his partners unrelated question, he follow the direction where his partner see, he rolled his eyes to the felon and as he saw the chance approaching, he make a swift move overtaking the felons gun.

In no time, Hyesung stood and joined the rebellion, striking other felons who tried to get them back again. The signal sent straight to the special weapon team and they start to launch serials of gunshot. Eric and Hyesung, even they were wounded, had took down some armed felon before the special weapon team got on the ship.

Metal seed continue showered, lives taken away, blood spilled everywhere.

Realizing she had no more bullet to shot nor gun to use, the evil lady tried to escape herself. Hyesung notice that, he won’t let her escape again this time. He caught her by the shoulder, tried to take her down, but the evil lady was not an easy enemy. She gave a good fight against Hyesung and eventually tried to kill him, for the nth time.

He felt like God finally gave him a chance to have one on one with his ancestral enemy. He soared up his vengeance to the evil lady. Not in a second he can forget that time when he was nearly die because of the poison injected by this evil.

He punched on her face, but she could draw back a jab on his stomach, he didn’t realize it. And other serial attack on his body parts. Hyesung quickly repaid his pain. With that, the fight between two continued.

Eric could see his partner at the other side of the ship, but he couldn’t help him because he still occupied with another felons. He couldn’t really count how many they were but it feels like he was fighting the whole country. 

Hyesung had noted himself not to underestimate this woman after all she had done to him. He won’t see him as a woman anymore. She was an evil in disguise, need to be vanished from the world. But just like her name, she found way to hurt Hyesung more. She kicked Hyesungs wounded thigh and that made her succeed reaching the ships edge once he fell. She tried to escape herself by jumping into the water.

He saw that, if she could reach the nearest land there will be a chance that evil can survive. Depressing his pain, he quickly stood again. He followed her jumped into the water. Whatever happened, her existance must get ended today.

“Hyesung-ah!!” Eric shouted by the edge of the ship. “Hyesung-ah!”

But Hyesung was nowhere to be seen. He started panic, frantically jumped into the water and swam every direction to find his partner, ignoring the pain all over his body. The rest of the team started to search him to but they came to zero. Until the end of the day, they decided to stop the rescue and continue the next day.

Eric was not with them and refused to stop the searching. He started shouting and gone mad that the medical team had to give him sedative so he could finally calm down and his wound could be taken care.

***

The next day he woke up in not so familiar hospital room. The first thing that he felt was all his body aching and terrible headache. He saw bandage all over his body parts and it was really really hard to move a muscle. He wasn’t sure what happened to him until his partners name suddenly passed by.

“Hyesung-ah…”

“Eric, how do you do?” It was Minwoo’s voice, he could tell without seeing the figure.

“Minu, where is Hyesungie? Where is my Hyesungie?” the first question slipped out his mouth.

His friend seemed a bit hesitant answering for he was in the same state. Nobody know where is Hyesung right now or whether he is still alive or already dead. But of course he wish he can be found soon, safe and sound.

“They still searching for him.” He sat down the chair beside.

“This can’t be, they must had searched him at the wrong place! Had they use all crew?!” he started to shout again.

“Eric calm down! They are still searching, with full force. The wave was so big last night so now they search to other spot. They had found Lynx’s body. I’m sure they can find Hyesung to.” Minwoo tried to explain..

“What do you mean? Hyesung is still alive! I’ll find him!” he started pulling IVs on his wrist.

“Doctor! Doctor!” this time Minwoo’s turn to get panic.

No way he would let his friend walk away in that condition. Hell he can see that still bleeding wound on his arm. Ended Eric got another shot of sedative. He could understand the pain of losing a friend, moreover the one you love so much. But he never imagined it could knock -a tough guy like Eric- down.

***

Few days later, there were still no trace from Hyesung. He was announced missing in duty. Even his body couldn’t be found, the searching team believe that his body had drown to the lower and darkest part of the river and will float again by a week or two depend on his body condition.

“Hyung-ah, do you think he can get back to the unit?” Andy was standing under a banyan tree at the hospital’s park, staring his friend from afar.

Standing beside him was Dongwan. He pulled out a single cig and started to light it up, casuallyl. Andy just didn’t know that he was holding back his tears at the moment, hoping smoke will disguise the teary eyes.

“I don’t know Andy-ya. May God help him.”

The man they refer to was sitting on a wheel chair, wearing a blank expression on his face. The woman behind his chair was in mid 30s, wearing dark blue jeans and white cardigan. Her waist long hair was freely swung as the wind blow.

Once in a while she would stop and tried to talk to him, hoping he will finally respond and talk back.

Found a nice spot, the woman stop the wheel chair and take a deep breath. She squatted, facing the man she accompanied. Softly she bring their hands together.

“Eric ah, do you remember that time when appa took us to beach and we play happily till dark?” She smiled a little. “Lets go to that beach again once you recover, ne?”

But the man she talked to stay still, like he was putting thick wall surround him, unaffected. He wasn’t ready to face the world without that one person he used to be with. Living in his own world where he himself created was so much better. There, he still could see Hyesung laugh freely.