File 5

VEINSLOCK

“Minu ya, do you think it's ok to let Hyesung go with Eric?” as he fitted himself down on the driver seat.

“I’ll be more worried if Eric leave without him.” Minwoo who sat next to him replied while fishing out cigarette pack in his pocket and took one cigarette

“Waeyo? I thought its Hyesung we have to worry about.” He said while taking over the cigarette pack from his buddy and repeated the same act. As he remembered they were in fully closed car, he pushed the window’s button to slide it open.

“I’m sure that boy will be fine. We need him to control Eric anyway.” Minwoo passed his lighter to other guy.

“Control?”

“You see, I had been his partner for years yet he never took any word from me and just acted brutally as he liked," he replied inhaling the tobacco smoke deeply and exhaling it out. “But since he setted up with the boy, somehow he turned more…tamed.”

“Ah..” and the other guy just laughed out of the blue. And it’s the other's turn to get puzzled. “That..”

“What's that? Why are you laughing?”

“I think…” Dongwan blinked several times. “Ani… I’m pretty sure Eric likes him.”

“So now that bastard suddenly started caring towards baby?” Minwoo frowned, he didn’t get it yet.

“No no… Actually…he ed him.”

“MWO?” the burnt ashes dropped right to his revealed skin from his ripped jeans. “Oh ! !”

And the other guy continued laughing, harder this time.

 

***

 

“We thought you … would come alone…we prepared a single… room” Said the man with glasses in broken korean, walking before them on a corridor, guiding them to a cheap hotel room in the suburb of the crowded city of Beijing which seemed to be some kind of slum area.

“Room.. this is.” The Chinese cop appointed to a door in the halfway of the corridor.

“Xie xie” unexpectedly Hyesung came up “I hope you can help us further along our stay” and he bowed to the man, as usual, not neglecting his manner.

The man replied the bow and did the same, “Dang ran. Now I still have works to do. Please take rest first.” The guy smiled to him and quickly left them.

Behind Hyesung, there was dumbfounded Eric who couldn’t absorb the conversation into his head.

“Were you…speaking Chinese?”

“No, it was swahili.” Hyesung turned the door knob and opened. He threw his bag to the floor observing the furniture inside. The room was indeed small, but comfortable enough with –like the guy said- single bed , a desk, a tv and a big fan above.

Eric tailed him along and closed the door.

And when he was about to turn around, he alerted of danger was approaching.

He even had no chance to put his bag down when suddenly Hyesung started launching a serial of punches and kicks to him but Eric also had this well trained defence so he could immediately evasive Hyesung’s attack waiting for other movements.

“What the ?!” Eric shouted, “Hyesung-ah! Stop it!” by the words slipped, he missed one jab to his stomach and it did hurt to his lungs. “Akh..!”

“That’s for lying me.” finally the thinner guy stopped his action.

“It hurts Hyesung-ah…” Eric was growling, sitting down the floor, trying to ease the pain. His breath was short and fast due to the fight. Just like his partner.

But the other guy didn’t budge. He advanced taking off his jacket and unloading his bag before putting them nicely in the tiny wardrobe.

In minutes, Eric got better. He stood up, throwing his bag on the corner and occupied the single bed.

“I don’t remember giving you that shirt.” Hyesung said side eyeing his partner.

“Whatever in my house is mine.” Rubbing his tummy, the pissed off man replied. He knew it was his fault, but after the attack he re-considered about asking apology from his partner.

And just like that, time flew without them saying words.

Hyesung changed to a loose t-shirt and shorts, seeking comfort for his still hurting body. Quickly he sat behind the desk, learned all documents Eric had hidden from him and some more documents the Chinese cop handed him earlier. All Eric heard was the sound of papers friction and Hyesung’s finger tapping on his laptop. Sometimes he fixed his glasses position on his nose bridge or just took a gulp of water.

Eric was lying still on the only bed, eyes barely blinking, watching Hyesung several times stretching his body and bending down his neck revealing a part of his back and shoulder. And even his wind-blown hair looked so gorgeous. Good God the scene was like slow motion repeating in his head. If he may add, flower started falling down upon the scene.

That visible tip of his backbone, his long hair, and… damn! That spot on his upper left neck, right above the mole. Everytime he saw the mark, shiver came through his spine. And that fine curves and milky skin of his partner, made him imagine repeatedly the same deed he had done few days ago.

To be very honest, he always had this question lingering in his head since the very beginning of their meeting.

"Is it legal for a man to possess such beauty?"

Because damn it, the beauty had crept into his dream every now and then, moreover after their . He just couldn’t shake them away. Like literally, he used to shake them away but now, he couldn’t even if he bang his head to the nearest wall.

But thanks to his suddenly growling stomach, pushing his nature button to find some food or else he would have ended hard, feeling dying seeing the scene in front of him. He stood up quickly, picked Hyesung’s jacket hanging on the wall and exited the room without saying anything.

Hyesung saw that but he didn't budge. The stacked paper had consumed all his energy. Feeling exhausted, he decided to take a quick shower and lie himself down on the -now crumpled- bed, courtesy of Eric. He wondered where Eric had gone. He grabbed the remote, the tv, pushing through the channels but didn’t find anything fun. So he just turned it off and threw the remote away. As the day turned darker, and temperature went lower, he felt the fever striking back.

Moments later, he heard the door opened. Eric had returned, with a plastic bag in his hand.

“I bought dinner.” He sat on the chair and picked out two box of Szechuan noodle. Don’t ask him how he got it, because its really embarrassing ordering food with picking it by pictures.

He tried hard to hide his emotion even though actually he wanted to jump over his partner and feed him the delicious meal but again, he had to hold himself. So he just passed the box to his partner who was now sitting on the edge of the bed, blinking his eyes several times and pouting like a lost kitten. Yes he could see that imaginary ears sticking up on Hyesung's head

Eric, you fool! Its Hyesungie! He’s a guy not a kitten! He scolded himself.

They finished the food in silence. After the dinner, Hyesung took out his medicines, three big tablets with diferent colours, and gulped them down in one go. Eric noticed that, his partner was not fully recovered yet he insisted to tag along. Couldn’t he just sit still at home and order soup? He really wanted to scold the hell out of him but he held back and just sighed.

He wanted to go to the bathroom and took shower, cooling down his anger before he heard his partner calling.

“Eric ah, thank you.” And it clearly washed away his anger.

He just lied down back right after, pulled up the thin blanket and moved his body closer to the wall, leaving the half space for Eric. The thin blanket didn’t help warming his shivering body so he wore his jacket. Its really warm at first but turned too hot that made him sweat and he didn’t like it. So he decided to give up and tried to endure the cold with only thin blanket. He wished to fall asleep soon

After moments, Eric stepped out from the bathroom wearing only boxer. It was his habbit to sleep like that. Turning off the light, he joined his partner. The bed was creaking due to his weight. He slipped inside the blanket just to find his partner was shivering.

“Hyesung-ah…” he called his partner checking whether he had fallen asleep.

“Hmm…?” and came a weak hum. Hyesung was trembling due to fever he had.

Instead of words, his body decided to move by itself before his brain could think whether it was right to do or not. He instinctively wrapped his arms around Hyesung’s body and placed his chin on his shoulder. Eric sensed his partner flinched and eventually tried to get rid off his arms. But Eric just tightened his embrace making the other guy surrender beyond his warmth and comfort.

“Sleep…” he whispered trying to be as gentle as he could. He didn’t want to be heard like giving order. Simply because it was actually a plea.

Hyesung was unexpectedlyobedient. Eric heard a soft snore minutes later. He moved his hand slowly, reaching for his partner’s trembling cold hand being clenched between his legs. He pulled them out, intertwined their fingers and moved his legs scooping his partner’s body.

“Hyesung-ah, can I hold you forever?” he softly whispered in between his audible heartbeats.

 

***

 

The pretty guy woke up due to rustling sounds coming from outside. He didn’t know what time it was but he noticed it must be the city already starting the day. He forced blinking his eyes not letting drowsiness swallow him back. And just when he got to his full sense and tried to move a muscle, he gasped and his eyes flew open.

He, Shin Hyesung was comfortably lying on his partner’s body! His left hand was over his partner’s bare chest and his partner’s left hand was hooking around his waist, not to mention a bit sneaking into his shirt.

Holy ! He cursed inside.

He wondered what they had done last night, no, he meant what Eric had done because as he remembered he had fallen asleep as he took the medicines. Yet he didn’t dare to abruptly move, being afraid of waking up his partner and finding them in this weird position. No, he would slowly move

Succeeding getting away from Eric’s embrace, he tried to stand up quickly but unfortunately he tripped by the blanket which made him fall on his face. The loud thud also pulled Eric back from his dream.

“Hyesung ah...What happened?” he swiftly advanced towards his partner and helped him in sitting.

“I … fell..." He had no other words to say, while rubbing his aching forehead.

“Let me see.” His partner raised his hand, brushing away his bangs and rubbed the redden skin gently. “Now we’re even.”

“What do you mean even?!” and his partner always have a way to push his button. He laughed in victory thinking it might be the return of punching him yesterday. Yes Hyesung could read it on his face. “Yah! Go away! Don’t touch me!”

 

***

 

It had been three days and they were still observing the place they had suspected as the gang’s basecamp. The place they had taken was not far away from the old abandoned factory building they suspected. It was an old wooden house in between large trees and a big river nearby. They built quarter inside, spying activities above by satellite and micro cameras.

The quarter was filled with about twenties local and international agents from various countries. So Chinese and English conversation between them could be heard. While Hyesung was getting along well with everybody, Eric could only speak with his broken English. So he was just hoping for Hyesung’s information.

They were sitting at the long desk at the corner, identifying the gang's each member and noting their criminal reports. Includingthee who had nearly killed him called Lynx. There were so many crimes she had done as murder, robbery, etc. She’s the truly evil disguising in human shape.

“Hyesung-ie, teach me some Chinese.” The over bored Eric bent over his serious partner next to him.

“Eric-ah, its not a playground.” His annoyed partner replied. What a perfect time to distract his concentration.

“I’m sorry. Just…too tired.” He scretched his body backward and took a long breath, loosening his bulletproof jacket.

“Syung-ie my bestfriend…” there he started whining, leaning his head on his partner’s shoulder. Luckily the other agents were busy with their own business so they didn’t notice them. Hyesung wondered since when his partner started acting like that, he’s so weird, so childish, not really him. But he didn’t budge. He was still not interested in taking other’s joke. He just let him be.

“Hyesung- ah, promise me, whatever happens, please try not to put yourself in danger.”

Hyesung stopped working, fingers curling.

“Please don’t make yourself hurt.”

Slowly he shifted his eyes to his partner.

“I don’t want to take you home with any blood or wound.”

Hyesung still didn’t get it. They were cops for god sake and what will prevented them from being wounded? But looking deep into the pleading eyes, he knew his partner was being serious and it was really out of his habit. He didn’t know why but there was so much feeling in the eyes he couldn’t figure it out. Just everytime he spent observing them, the more he felt loved. Hyesung quickly blinked the thought away. He kept assuring himself that his partner was straight and his deed was purely brotherly.

But then again, will there be any chance for him to let Eric know about his truly feeling? Nobody knew what would happen in coming seconds. They were facing a war which could kill anybody. Screw if Eric will hate him for this. Screw if he had to leave the department later. Screw it all, Eric needed to know his feeling.

“Eric-ah…” Hyesung slowly turned his body facing his partner. He reached out his hands, cupping his partners now confused face. “Wo ai ni.”

“What does… that mean?” the other blinked his eyes innocently.

“You’re stupid.” he replied with an emotionless face, trying hard to hide his emotion exactly.

A pang came through his chest. But he was not ready to screw their relationship and lose his partner.

“Aish jjinja!” now it was his partner’s turn pushing his button. He gritted his teeth, being pissed.

From the opposite direction, a local agent came in rush towards them. Bringing some papers and a site map, he handed them to Hyesung. Since he knew that Eric couldn’t speak Chinese, and he was also poor at English so he just talked to Hyesung.

“Officer Shin, officer Mun,” he said shifting his eyes in turn, “there’s an information from Chief that we will raid soon. Here’s the site map and other instruction. We’ll gather in 10 minutes. Please be ready both of you.” after giving a sign of leaving, then he left them as fast as he came.

“Eric-ah, get ready for the raid. We’re just waiting for the time. Gathering in10 minutes.” Hyesung looked back to his partner and stood up. “Come on.”

But his hand was caught by the time he wanted to walk away. And he felt that actually he was being pulled…by his partner, right into his embrace. They were standing facing each other, slowly Eric pulled him closer by his waist.

“Hyesungie…” the unbelievably soft voice right into his ears “I mean it.” and it made his eyes wide open.

And his partner slowly steped aback, pinched his cheek lightly in process, along with a soft smile appearing on his lips before he walked away, leaving him dumbfounded. He couldn’t clearly think or register what had happened.

What have you done to me, Eric-ah? Only his eyes following Eric’s walking figure from behind, giving more pain to his hurting chest.

 


 

 

Firstly I'm sorry for late updating *bow* real world didn't gave me spare time ^^ please bear wih me (again n again)

thank you~~ for 82 subs n 10 votes!! Luv u all!! n thanks fot those reading n like my fic

n for kiddo~~ thank u for helping me in between ur packed homework.. Kkk

And as always..comments r loved *wink*